Tier 1 Zeels - Zekrom BLW, Eelektrik NVI

Discussion in 'HS-on Archives' started by galladeava, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Monferno

Monferno Rule #1: is that you gotta have fun

Don't worry about Tornadus, I would try to find some place for Raikou.
  2. Reshiphlosion

Reshiphlosion The Swarm

I know, tornadus doesn't seems as great as he was.... But I'm just being paranoid about Garbo/terrakion :p

the only thing I could possibly take out for raikou is Thundurus, but then my chances of starting with one are way to low.... :/
  3. Monferno

Honestly, he was never great, imo. I played one in my Nats list and at the end of the day I would've much rather preferred a third Mewtwo. I usually ended up using Mewtwo to counter Terrakion.
  4. Reshiphlosion

Reshiphlosion The Swarm

I traded my extra mewtwo at $60 in value right before they dropped :p

anyways my deck is based around Thundurus getting a T2 Disaster Volt and taking cheap prizes against set up decks, so I kinda like 3 in there. Also nats was HS-on, thundurus isn't that viable HS-DEX, however BLW-DRX is another story.... I'm not missing Raikou that much, but he would be very nice...
  5. Monferno

I wasn't suggesting you take out the extra Thunderman.

Three Mewtwo is great. I pulled a third one right before Nationals, almost sold it, super glad I didn't.
  6. Reshiphlosion

Reshiphlosion The Swarm

oh okay.... I see you were talking about tornadus EX :p

I'll just grab a mewtwo tin when it comes out, until then 2 mewtwo is fine for me :)
  7. David

David Shiny Piplup wiZard

Here's my eelbox list (BW on)

Pokemon: 16

Zekrom BW: 2
    Terrakion NVI: 2
    Raquaza EX: 2
    Thundrus FA: 1
    Raikou EX: 1
    Tynamo NVI 38: 4
    Eelektrik NVI: 4

TSS: 31

Pokemon Catcher: 4
    Ultra Ball: 4
    Professor Juniper BW: 4
    N NVI: 4
    Plus Power BW: 3
    Random Receiver: 2
    Eviolite: 2
    Switch BW: 2
    SAB: 2
    Level Ball: 2
    Super Rod: 1
    Bianca: 1

Energy:

Lightning Energy: 8
    Fighting Energy: 1
    Prism Energy: 4

The basic strategy behind eelbox is smiler to six corners, hit for weakness turn after turn against popular decks.Terrakion counters Darkri variants and other eel variants, Zekrom counters Tornadus EX and Empoleon, Raikou EX counters Garbador variants, Raquaza EX counters............ well pretty much everything ( except fluffychomp)

I would like to include tool scraper, emolga, registeel EX and raquaza but I don't know what to swap out.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks~David
  8. eggrolls

eggrolls The future of this society. Or not.

Using Rayquaza EX with prisms isn't going to work, since if will discard them along with your lightnings
  9. Rowan

Rowan Rum Pirate

I just have to honestly say I don't like the new EX dragon that much. If prisim is discarded along with all the rest of the lighting then how are we gonna have a constant revival of energy? and most of the people here only end up getting 2 eels on the field at a time so that won't charge up near fast enough to acdtually have a lot of power. At least with Zekrom EX it was a guranteed 150 every time and you only lost 2 energy and cuold easily repace them over and over again with turboeels.

I'm just confused as to how this is gonna be a really good card when every time I think of it mewtwo seems better except it dies to itself.
  10. eggrolls

News Flash!!! There's this thing called a fire energy. I know, impossible, right? Yeah, and if people can't get three or more Eelektriks out, then there's a problem with their list, because I manage to get three Eelektriks in pretty much 99% of my games. Just saying'.
  11. Nintendan

Nintendan Scrub

Prism is not discarded with Rayquaza's attack. I thought it was in oen of my previous posts, but missed out crucial part of the wording.
    Rayquaza EX discards basic only Energy. Prism doesn't get discarded.
  12. eggrolls

I guess I didn't notice that either. Sorry Rowan but still my arguement's point stands. That if you attached a fire it wouldn't be discarded and therefore there would be no need for recovery. But you're under mercy of enhanced hammers when it comes to using those prism energies.
  13. Rowan

Rowan Rum Pirate

HOLY CRAP? really? fire energy? Well what will they think of next?

lol

anyway Editing this post.

Okay so Prisim isn't discarded? alright now I see the value in the card.
    David and eggrolls like this.
  14. David

Swapping them out for fire and fighting energy puts me at the mercy of needing really good luck.......
    Is being at the mercy of enhanced hammer really any worse than a zekeels deck that runs DCE? (nearly all run DCE......)
  15. eggrolls

Just use cilan for that. And my list only used one dce.
  16. Rowan

Rowan Rum Pirate

I wanna start by saying I actually like Cilan as a 2 of in my deck b/c a t1 cilian t2 juniper dumps all the energy I need in the discard and hopefully I'll set up truboeel machine by that time and start donking.

BUT as far as Rayquaza EX goes ...it is really bad to simply try to search out fire energy to attach every turn. and if you just try to use cilian what happens when an opponent uses N? then you've lost your main search and shuffled all your fire into the deck. And lastly I wouldn't want to put a ton of fire since I feel this would decrease the consistancy of the deck by clogging up our energy spots that should be used for lighting. I like the terrakion still but only as a revenge KO when facing the mirror. but Prisim is the best energy b/c it can be used in a varity of ways and is never a dead energy since I have no evolutions other than eels that should never be used to attack.

I don't like the idea that people can hammer away at my prisims. BUT we run so many lighting basics that it shouldn't matter right? we just switch to Zekrom, Zekrom EX, thunderman, Raikou, ect. This deck has no small number of potential attackers.
  17. Nintendan

Nintendan Scrub

I wouldn't' use Cilan in a list where Random Receiver is used, since RR is commonly seen as a way out to a draw supporter.
    All I can think of is Energy Search.
    And plus I'm not sure about Rayquaza in Eels. It tends to mess up consistency.
    It is do able, but you'll rarely hit for 180 since you need top drop him and a fire with 3 Dynamotor, otherwise he is too easy for Garchomp or even Hydreigon to get prizes off.
  18. Monferno

Rayquaza EX as a one/two of in Zekeels is NOT a good deck, it ruins consistency for sure. Either play RayEels, or no Rayquaza EX at all.
    Regular Rayquaza is great for KOing little dragons (and you don't need to run fire for it, you only want its first attack unless you're playing RayEels)
  19. Sanokumo

Sanokumo Member

I think Rayquaza EX is doable as a 1 or 2 of in the right Eels deck, along with Skyarrow, Riakou and Tornadus.
    Prism has the benefit of being more useful in Eels as it can power up All the various attackers you may choose to run (Terrakion, Mewtwo, Reyquaza, + all the lightening guys). But it has heavy downsides in not being searchable (Cilan, Energy search) or retrievable from the discard (Super Rod) as well as being Hammer bait.
    I have to agree Cilan and Random Receiver are not good to mix in decks but Cilan + Ultraball is a great combo on the first 3 turns of any Eel deck especially RayEels.
    Lastly getting 3 Eels out is hard sometimes agreed but even with 2 you have manual attach still and if you only have one out ray isn’t a terrible attacker doing 120 a turn, it still one shots all the other dragons out there.
    Now saying all this, Rayquaza still requires 2 energy types and is weak to allot of popular stuff. I’m still not convinced hes the best play.
  20. David

Ok, first of all this isn't a zekeels deck, its a eelbox. 2nd of all I use Terrakion as well, so as far as consistency goes it isn't a HUGE deal ( thanks to prism energy)

Raquaza is mainly used for killing teched in EX's in darkdragon.