Tier 3 Weavile PLF, Exeggcute PLF

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by Serperior, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

I would take out 1 Sableye and maybe 1 Darkrai unless you see Darkrai as a big attacker in the deck at some points of the game.
  2. Gymmy91

Gymmy91 Member

I use Darkrai as attacker if for some reasons I'm not able to set up Weavile and it's also useful for its ability. Or maybe I can just reduce the ultra Ball to 3 and I'll have enough space for 2 more Level Ball, obviusly removing Sableye too. And the Electrode?? Do you think 1-1 is enough?
  3. Gymmy91

Gymmy91 Member

@Professor_N This is the list I've been trying out in the last week:

4-4 Weavile
    4 Exeggcute
    3 Sableye
    1 Darkray Ex
    1 Mr Mime
    1-1 Electrode
    1 Archen

4 N
    4 Juniper
    4 Random receiver
    4 Dark patch
    4 Ultra Ball
    2 Level Ball
    2 Super rod
    2 Silver bangle
    2 Escape rope
    1 Prof Letter
    1 Tool Scrapper
    1 Dowsing machine

9 Darkness Energies

Even though it seems to be working fine, I had some troubles in dealing big damages even with 4 eggs in the discard pile while other times I had to pass because of low energies... besides adding two more level balls, what would you suggest me to find a solutions to these problems??
    In addition, what do you think about a techier solution including Flareon for late game??
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  4. Warizon

Warizon Member

I played this deck at the locals yesterday (went 2-2, Xerneas Ex/Aromatisse just destroys the deck because of the resistance), so i speak from experience. While my build is different than yours, i wouldnt advise to add 2 more level balls, I think your search is OK, the deck is fast and you have 6 outs to Pokemon, more if you abuse Junk Hunt on the early turns. About Flareon, the list is so tight, I have no idea how someone would fit in a Flareon line and keep the deck consistent enough. Still, Flareon is an obvious partner for a late game sweep with Weavile, would love to see a consistent build of those 2.
  5. Gymmy91

Gymmy91 Member

@Warizon I know that there's 6 outs to Pokemon as you say but the main problem is that I am mostly playing against big Exs and I have never chances to abuse the Junk Hunt. That's why I was thinking that Flareon could help me especially when I won't be able to discard 6 Pokemons for more than one turn. To find room for it, don't you think I might reduce the number of trainers and move Sableye to 2 copies to make a 2-2 Flareon line??
    Another thing is that I need a little more energy acceleration because especially in the early turns I have dark patch but no energies in the discard!! What do you think about adding Colress Machine and a couple of Plasma energies??

In this video, the guy shows his list of a Flareon/Weavile deck he made and even though it looks strange, it seems to be working fine in the matches I have been watching...
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  6. Warizon

Warizon Member

I've got to be honest, I personally hated that build, and find it hard to believe that it worked half decently in his games. He had 7 Supporters + 1 RR, 4-4 Electrode line, used the NXD Sneasel that has 60hp (KO range of a Hammehead without Muscle Band). That is nowhere near consistent or smart.

I guess that you could play it like:

21 Pokemon
    4-4 Weavile
    2 Sableye
    2-2 Flareon
    4 Exeggcute
    2-2 Electrode (you can go 1-1, but i find Electrode to be just too necessary to risk him or Voltorb being prized)
    1 Mr. Mime
    1 Darkrai Ex (sometimes you just can't pay the Retreat)

12 Supporters
    4 Juniper
    4 N
    2 Colress
    2 Skyla

15 Items
    3 Level Ball
    2 Ultra Ball
    2 Super Rod
    1 Dowsing Machine
    2 Silver Bangle
    3 Colress Machine (or 3 Dark Patch)
    1 Escape Rope
    1 Tool Scrapper

11 Energy
    8 Darkness Energy
    3 Plasma Energy ( or 3 DCE if you opted for the 3 Dark Patch instead of the 3 Colress Machine)

I came with this list of the top of my head, didn't test at all, but it is what I feel like it's the most consistent thing I can come up with involving Weavile and Flareon.
  7. Gymmy91

Gymmy91 Member

@Warizon That might sound strange, but it's exactly the list I am trying right now!! I'll let you know if I'll make it work!! Besides studying how to find a way to make this deck consistent enough, I'm also trying to improve my starting list and I think I'm approaching to the final list. This is how it looks right now after a couple changes:

4-4 Weavile
    4 Eggs
    2-2 Electrode
    2 Sableye
    1 Mr Mime
    1 Darkrai EX

4 N
    4 Juniper
    2 Colress
    2 N
    4 Dark Patch
    4 Ultra ball
    2 Level Ball
    2 Super rod
    2 Silver Bangle
    2 Escape Rope
    1 Tool Scrapper
    1 Dowsing Machine

9 Darkness energies

I would really love to fit 1 more Sableye and Absol in but I can't find the way!! Do you think it would be a good idea?? And then speaking of troubles in getting enough pokemons in my hand to discard, don't you think Rescue Scarf instead of Silver Bangle would be a great solution??
    If you don't mind, would you let me have a look at the list you played at the tournament??
  8. Warizon

Warizon Member

Nice coincidence with the lists :D
    Where you wrote 2N, it is supposed to be 2 skyla right? If yes, it's the supporter line of my list too.
    You could take 1 Energy or 1 Escape Rope for the Absol. I don't think the third Sableye is needed.
    About the Silver Bangle thing, don't do it. Rescue Scarf may seem like a fast way to keep Pokemon in play (and it is, since they won't hit the discard) but Silver Bangle is the difference between having to discard 1 Pokemon (besides the Eggs) or 2, and I don't know how many times my Bangle was scrappered away and I couldnt have the 2 Pokemon I needed for the 180 Vilify.
    Like I said, your list is very similar to mine, the only differences are that I play 8 Darkness Energies and 1 Prof. Letter, 3 Dark Patch, 3 Level Ball and 2 Ultra Ball (but the opposite is pretty much the same in this deck) and only 1 Escape Rope. With the 2 spaces left from -1 Dark Patch and -1 Escape Rope I fit in 2 Frozen City to help with the numbers while taking the advantage of Beach and Virbank from the opponent.
  9. Gymmy91

Gymmy91 Member

I feel like in a far away Universe we might be the same person ahaha and yes 2 N is supposed to be 2 Skyla!! I started testing the deck with 4 random receiver but I soon changed my mind because how can I grab supporters from the deck if there's none!! I will probably try the Frozen City option since it has been on my mind too long without practicing it!
    As regards the pokemon line, do you run anything else besides the normal list?? I thought Absol would be a great addition!!
  10. Warizon

Warizon Member

I don't run anything more. Absol sure is a good tech for the deck, big hits out of nowhere, but I could not see what to cut off and also, i don't have an Absol ahah
    I tried the 4N, 4 Juniper, 4 RR build too, and I had a consistent supporter stream, but I missed the "take what you want" Skyla..
  11. onlyinAMERICA

onlyinAMERICA ...because I'm Batman.

What kind of techs should be considered if one expects to see a lot of Blastoise, Yveltal, and Plasma variants?
  12. Warizon

Warizon Member

Against Blastoise you have a good matchup, unless they attack with Blastoise, the prize trade will be on your side as long as you keep the 180 stream every turn. Yveltal there's really nothing to tech, he's incredibly strong, but again, the prize trade is on your side, unless they are able to keep attacking with some Absol/Yveltal XY. Against Plasma, it's hard because Lugia's Overflow destroys the best thing this deck has against the meta, which is (yet again) the prize trade. Even with Silver Mirror they can get around it with Genesect's Red Signal, even though that is one less plasma energy going to Lugia. It's hard to beat, and I can't really advice anything else than Silver Mirror.
  13. onlyinAMERICA

onlyinAMERICA ...because I'm Batman.

Okay thank you! So in short I just need to play to the decks inherent strengths?
  14. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

That's what you should be doing with every deck. The inherent strengths of a deck make the deck what it is, and make it good or bad. Unless you are playing Aromatisse tool box, because that just plays a little bit of everything.
  15. Gymmy91

Gymmy91 Member

@Warizon do you think this list would be viable or consistent enough?

4-4 Weavile
    4 Eggs
    2 Sableye
    3 Deoxys Ex
    1 Darkrai Ex
    2-2 Electrode

4 Juniper
    3 N
    2 Skyla
    1 Colress
    3 Ultra Ball
    3 Level Ball
    2 Super rod
    2 Silver bangle
    2 Pokemon Catcher
    1 Tool scrapper
    3 Colress Machine
    1 Dowsing machine

2 Frozen city

6 darkness energies
    3 Plasma energies

Since I have problems sometimes in discarding more than once the amount of pokemon needed to deal big damage, I thought that even a +20 from Deoxys Ex would be great. That added to 120 (with 4 eggs) + 30 from the bangle goes to 170 without considering the damage spreading from Frozen City. What do you think?? I still have some doubts about what to choose between Colress Machine and Dark Patch but the first one assures me to get an energy attached most of the times. I've been working on a list including Laserbank too but It just won't work...
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  16. SoldiersSpirit

SoldiersSpirit I will defend my Kingdom.

I tested immensely with Flareon/Weavile and it's just too much going on honestly.
  17. PellOfTheTundra

PellOfTheTundra Do you even LT-87

As did I. I feel like it was a deck that is trying to accomplish two things at once, but in the end can't really do either effectively.
  18. ZLFaurora

ZLFaurora The storm and the flood

How well does HypnoBank fit into this deck?
  19. Gymmy91

Gymmy91 Member

Hi guys, I know that all you attention is now focused on testing new builds after the Flashfire came out but do you see any new inclusion to this deck from the new set (pokemons or trainers)?? I was thinking about Startling megaphone and Lysandre... what do you think??
  20. falcon88

falcon88 New Member

Sacred ash >>>>> super rod

in this deck is awsome

Try also 1x Archen plf