Tier 3 Weavile PLF, Exeggcute PLF

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by Serperior, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Gymmy91

Gymmy91 Member

This is the list I'm gonna try out but before that I'd like to have some suggestions from you who already tested the deck... this is the list:

4-4 Weavile
    4 Exeggcute
    3 Sableye
    2-2 Electrode
    1 Mr Mime
    1 Darkrai EX

4 Juniper
    4 N
    2 Skyla (or random receiver?)
    2 Colress (Alternatives Bicycle or Cheren)

4 Dark Patch
    3 Ultra ball
    3 Level Ball
    2 Pok. Catcher (or Escape rope?)
    2 Super Rod
    2 Dark Claw (alternatives are Rescue Scarf, Silver Bangle and Exp share)
    1 Dowsing machine
    1 Tool Scrapper

9 Darkness Energy

My main doubts regard the choice of the trainers... I decided not to include Switch since I have Darkrai EX but I'm still not sure about this decision and then I was thinking about using Frozen City in 2 copies or even Virbank but I can't find the room for Hypnotoxic Laser. And then can pokemon like Lileep or even Keldeo EX be useful thanks to their powers or it's just a waste of space?? Is a second attacker like Absol needed?
  2. Krusiv

Krusiv New Member

@Gymmy91 I don't think a second non-EX attacker is needed. Darkrai could act as a secondary attacker if you can't chain Weaviles for some reason. Here are the changes I would make with explanations:

- 1-1 Electrode (Good card, but not worth 4 spots in the deck)
    +1 Archen/Lileep (Good as a 1-of. It's really helpful for clutch KOs)
    +1 Professor's Letter (Newer card that I started testing and so far I like it. Thins your deck, gets energy. Energy can be used as discard fodder for Ultra Ball then you get it back in play with Dark Patch.)

-2 Pokemon Catcher
    +2 Escape Rope (forces them to bring something out while you retreat for free w/ Darkrai)

-1 Level Ball
    +1 Ultra Ball (discarding eggs is a big part of the deck, and it can get Darkrai unlike Level Ball)

-2 Dark Claw
    +2 Silver Bangle (+20 to everything is great, but I prefer Bangle. +30 to EXs means you only have to discard 5 Pokemon to KO the big 170/180 HP EXs.)

Good luck with the deck.
  3. themiraclemeat

themiraclemeat Active Member

Pooka made this video March 3, 2014:
    Shows you how the Lileep/Archen is used and the proper usage of Propagation.
  4. Gymmy91

Gymmy91 Member

@Krusiv Thanks for your help, I'm going to follow your suggestions and see what happens but I'd like to ask you some more questions...
    I've been thinking about it for a while but then I came to the decision of replacing Skyla with random receiver and Colress with Bicycle... what do you suggest??
    Then speaking about ways to get extra damage to help you against Big HP pokemon, don't you think Laserbank would be useful?? I know it takes a lot of space but It may result decisive!!
    Last one, what would you choose between Computer search and Dowsing Machine??
  5. Krusiv

Krusiv New Member

My current list is very similar to the one in the video posted by themiraclemeat. 4 N / 4 Juniper (and 4 Random Receiver) are the only supporters I currently use, although I am considering Colress or maybe Shauna. I haven't tested Bicycle yet so I can't really speak about it. I know someone in this thread was using Bicycle in their list so read some of the older posts in this thread.

I use Dowsing Machine over Computer Search because you go through the deck fast enough with Electrode, Juniper, and Receiver. It's really nice to basically have a 3rd Bangle, 3rd Super Rod, etc.

LaserBank would be good if there was any room for it! I'm not sure what I would take out to make room for it... the deck is pretty tight as-is. :(
  6. Gymmy91

Gymmy91 Member

I'd really like to have a look at your list!! Are you using Jirachi as well??
  7. ribboninthewind

ribboninthewind floating effortlessly

This deck won LC this last Saturday. Very unexpected. Beat RayBoar, TDK, Yveltal/Darkrai, and a few rogues. It was actually pretty cool to see a lower tier deck work it's way up and get 1st.
    SamSoldier and Krusiv like this.
  8. Gymmy91

Gymmy91 Member

@Krusiv Do you think is there a possibility I'm gonna fit Frozen City in it?? And then what do you think about Sawk PLF?? In case I won't need it during the game I can always discard it and vilify!
  9. Krusiv

Krusiv New Member

@Gymmy91 Sorry for the late reply. I personally don't use Jirachi EX because 90 HP on a Pokemon EX is a huge liability. Other members in this thread say they have used it to great success, though. Try it out yourself to see if you like it.

Stuff like Frozen City and Sawk is not really needed... the deck is very straight forward and you want as many consistency cards as possible to keep the deck going. To me it sounds like you are underestimating the damage Weavile can do. It's not a tier one deck by any means and can be inconsistent at times, but still. Weavile can OHKO all viable EX Pokemon with 5 discards (most being Eggs)+Silver Bangle. If you don't get your Eggs/Archen/Lileep right away don't be afraid to discard sableye, sneasel, mr. mime, etc. That's what Super Rod is for.

@ribboninthewind Any idea if it was running anything out of the ordinary or was it just the usual stuff?
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  10. Gymmy91

Gymmy91 Member

@Krusiv So here is the list after a couple changes:

4-4 Weavile
    4 Exeggcute
    1-1 Electrode
    3 Sableye
    1 Mr Mime
    1 Darkrai Ex
    1 Archen

4 Juniper
    4 N
    4 Random receiver
    2 Super rod
    4 Dark Patch
    1 Prof Letter
    4 Ultra ball
    2 Level ball
    2 Silver Bangle
    2 Escape Rope
    1 Dowsing machine
    1 Tool Scrapper

9 Darkness energies

Any other suggestion?? The only thing I'm not so sure is the Electrode line but I'll use the items asap to make sure I have it on my bench!!
  11. ribboninthewind

ribboninthewind floating effortlessly

Looked pretty standard to me. It played two Lileep.
  12. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

Needs more than 2 Level Ball. 4 would be optimal.
  13. Gymmy91

Gymmy91 Member

@JGames What can I swap with 2 more level ball??
  14. Professor_N

A Random Receiver and an Ultra Ball would be my choices.
  15. Gymmy91

Gymmy91 Member

I thought 4 Ultra Ball would be better thanks to Exeggcute power but I'll try to make the changes you suggested me!!
  16. Professor_N

Ultra Ball is great in this deck, don't get me wrong, but Level Ball is 100% needed at max amounts because of the fact that you don't run a single Pokemon (excluding Darkrai EX) that is above 90 HP.
  17. niccoide199cp

niccoide199cp New Member

I took inspiration from Pooka's list then made some tweaks.
    I've been playtesting for quite a long time now and here is the list that performed best so far:

4-4 Weavile
    4 Exeggcute
    4 Sableye
    2 Lileep
    2 Jirachi EX
    2 Darkrai EX
    1 Mr. Mime

4 N
    4 Juniper
    4 Random Receiver

4 Ultra ball
    4 Level ball
    4 Dark patch
    1 Super rod
    1 Prof. Letter
    1 Dowsing machine
    1 Tool scrapper

9 Darkness energies

Ok, so: 4 Sableye cause I like opening with it, recycling balls. And I like discarding it as well, with vilify, if necessary.
    No electrode line: i like it straight forward and I hate it because it hurts consistency. Mid-late games N's are bad for sure, but.. You either want an explosive start with 4 eggs in discard pile by T2 or you like a slower set up with a safe late-game play.
    As for me, I want to be risky so I dropped Electrode.
    So far, so good, it can easily compete with higher tier decks, it's fun, it's fast, it's cheap, it gives your opponent a hard time for sure.
  18. Gymmy91

Gymmy91 Member

Alright guys after a couple matches against my friends, I can honestly say I love this deck to death!! Anyway, there's still a couple doubt I have to find a solution to:
    1) I'm currently running a 1-1 Electrode line and since it helps me a lot with its ability I was thinking about taking out the Archen and putting one more Electrode... what do you think?? And then, I run 3 Sableye as well... I'd reduce to 2 copies and add 1 more Voltorb. Do you like this solution??
    2) Somebody suggested me to bring up to 4 the Level Ball line but I couldn't find 2 more so I'm still running 2 of them... Is it a big problem??
  19. Professor_N

I believe it is a big problem. All of your main Pokemon can be searched by Level Ball, you need to find out a way to get 4 imo. They are cheap, should be like a dollar to get 4 on Ebay or something.
  20. Gymmy91

Gymmy91 Member

@Professor_N What to take out to make room for them??
    And what about the other changes??