Tier 1 Virizion EX, Genesect EX

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by Serperior, Aug 14, 2013.

1. hfechhelm

hfechhelm The Swarm

What do you guys think?

4 Virizion Ex

3 Genesect Ex

2-2 Raichu

4 Juniper

4 N

4 Skyla

2 Shadow Triad

2 Colress

4 Hypnotoxic Laser

3 Ultra Ball

3 Muscle Band

3 Energy Switch

1 Switch

1 Tool Scrapper

1 Town Map

1 G-Booster

3 Virbank City Gym

4 Plasma Energy

9 Grass Energy
  2. Gelato

Gelato The Swarm

If it's for the new format then it looks pretty good. Although I'm not sure how much Raichu will matter after Yveltal's loss of dark patch
  3. hfechhelm

hfechhelm The Swarm

For this format, this week end.
    Gelato likes this.
  4. Yankeefan1985

Yankeefan1985 Member

It was talked about this weekend alot to counter a heavy Pyroar area put Abomasnow is this deck I had seen it before but never saw it that useful until now
  5. hfechhelm

hfechhelm The Swarm

I run drifblim and it works it's magic to draw close games!
  6. Yankeefan1985

Yankeefan1985 Member

I don't see that much helping the Pyroar matchup they just don't play the DCE's or limit them and stick to blacksmith then what do you do since enhanced hammer will be gone?
  7. hfechhelm

hfechhelm The Swarm

I don't know, but all that I know is that two drifblim brounght down a Pyroar, and a Charizard ex to seal the game!
  8. Yankeefan1985

Yankeefan1985 Member

It can work if you can get two DCE's in the discard with the band. Really just depends on the meta in your area big Pyroar I think Bamasnow is a good play. I like the fact they can't one shot you back without a Laser
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  9. yoyos

yoyos delicious hot potatos

Playing something like 4-2/2 drifblim could make the matchup, muscle band laser bank, they play a charizard, e.switch, g-booster. To be fair and and in all honesty, a pyroar player would probably be in a large amount of tough situations to make the second drifblim good forinstance, ultra ball, juniper, there will be situations where you will have to make tough calls for good plays, a good player would have no choice but to play the dce before droping them, but to genesect and drifblim its like droping them, knowing pyroar your likely to have a few bad luck hands. Good luck in the matchup pyroar.
  10. hfechhelm

hfechhelm The Swarm

Sometimes i believe that Virgen has one of the best Pyroar match-ups just because of the number of awnsers it has to pyroar. Also, i fell that Abomnasnow will see play because it helps against Landerous, and Pyroar.
  11. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

I can't tell if serious...
  12. hfechhelm

hfechhelm The Swarm

Totally serious.
  13. Jimz

Jimz New Member

KOs Pyroar for 2 energies and can do the same to Landorus with Muscle Band

Attached Files:

14. Professor_N

That card looks pretty good. Too bad it has a retreat cost of 4.
  15. Tax_collecter

Tax_collecter Active Member

I would rather run Abomasnow then that.
  16. hfechhelm

hfechhelm The Swarm

Not sure what I would do. I kind of prefer abombasnow because of lesser retreat, but they can both hold their ground.
  17. Professor_N

Well let's look their pros and cons.

Abomasnow PLB; Pros - Less retreat cost. Can OHKO Landorus EX without a Muscle Band. Cons - Requires 3 Energy to OHKO stuff (can still OHKO Pyroar for two Energy if you attach a Muscle Band, though).

Beartic FI 22: Pros - Can attack with a DCE. Can OHKO Pyroar without a Muscle Band. Can OHKO Landorus EX for a mere DCE + Muscle Band. Cons - Has a higher retreat cost.

I think Beartic is at least 90% better than Abomasnow.

If Yveltal EX and Lugia EX see little to no play in BCR-on I'm running Beartic instead of Raichu.
  18. hfechhelm

hfechhelm The Swarm

Are you assuming Virgen runs DCE?
  19. Professor_N

There's nothing wrong with running 1-2 DCE and 1-2 Mewtwo EX. Mewtwo is a great card and DCE is never really useless as it makes G Booster free to use. Also it's great with Raichu XY or, now, Beartic FI.
    hfechhelm and Jimz like this.
  20. themiraclemeat

themiraclemeat Active Member

Unless I'm looking at a different card: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Abomasnow_(Plasma_Blast_26)
    How does Abomasnow OHKO Landorus EX w/o Muscle Band? (80+80) = 160[DOUBLEPOST=1407505073][/DOUBLEPOST]Abomasnow can OHKO a water weak pokemon EX with muscle band ((80+20)x2)=200.
    But so can Beartic FI with muscle band if the defending EX has a high retreat cost, say he attacks Landorous EX (retreat 3), ((20+(20+20+20)+20)x2)=200.

But neither can OHKO water weak EX's without Muscle Band. Both of them destroy Pyroar.

Beartic FI is better. But I would skip the DCE unless you have another attacker that uses DCE too (like Raichu or Mewtwo EX).
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2014