Tiers in this Forum: Please Read Before Whining

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by baby_mario, Jun 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care Staff Member

Recently I have seen a lot of posts in this forum which offer nothing of any value besides moaning about the tier label that has been assigned to the deck.

It seems that some things need to be made clear to the Slowpokes out there:
    • Tiers are assigned by cabd, galladeava, and myself. They are based on personal opinion only
    • If your pet deck is assigned a lower tier, it is not a personal insult directed at you
    • There is nothing 'official' about the tiers. If you wish to disagree, no-one is stopping you
    • If you want to make a reasonable, well supported argument for a change, please do so here, and not in the thread. We will give it due consideration.
    • Tiers will not be changed without compelling arguments/evidence. Your mate going 3-1 at a BR in seniors, winning all your games on PTCGO, or 'this has been working for me in testing' are not compelling arguments.
    Finally, a word about the Tiers themselves. I can't speak for the other mods, but this is roughly how I see them.

Tier 1 - Generally acknowledged to be the strongest decks in the format. Very popular decks which are expected to win the majority of tournaments.

Tier 2 - Generally acknowledged to be not quite as strong as Tier 1 decks, but still relatively successful. Played often at tournaments, and capable of picking up their fair share of wins

Tier 3 - Legitimately competitive decks which are sometimes seen at tournaments. May get the odd win in the right circumstances and with a fair amount of luck

Rogue - A deck which is fully intended to compete with Tier 1 and 2 decks, but which uses uncommon/unexpected cards and/or strategies

League/Fun - A deck which is very unlikely to be successful at a premier tournament, but which can be successful and enjoyable to play in a more casual environment

Tier Reshiboar - A deck which is basically crap, but has a history of being loved and hyped by lolseniors

As you can see, just because a deck is assigned to Tier 2 or even Tier 3 it does not mean that we are saying the deck cannot win or make top cut. If we believed a deck could not win a major tournament it would be put in the League/Fun Tier or moved to the Deck Help Forum.

Please bear this in mind before posting about Tiers.

Thank you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.