Tier Discussion (NXD-XY)

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by cabd, Feb 9, 2014.

1. ShinyEevee

ShinyEevee The not so shiny

To clear something up in the case there was confusion. I was not advocating for or against a change in tier lables. Just suggesting ways one could better support their arguments.
  2. Alastair

Alastair Mr. Evil Dr. Porkchop

Someone should add "Yveltal" somewhere in the title to the thread "Darkrai EX/Garbodor DRX", because it seems to be necessary now in the deck.
  3. pokemonguy

pokemonguy Making Bad Last-Minute Changes Since Nats 2014

Also Yveltal should be T1.
  4. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

I don't believe Yveltal (without Garbodor) is tier 1. Blastoise and RayBoar have a pretty easy time playing against it, and Virizion/Genesect can deal with it pretty well too, if they have abilities. It could possibly be tier 1 when Druddigon is released, but it's not yet (and not to mention it's only theorymon), so that's not an issue.

I do believe Yveltal with Garbodor can be considered tier 1, though.
  5. pokemonguy

pokemonguy Making Bad Last-Minute Changes Since Nats 2014

Well in the UK it forms more than half of the top cut at our regionals. And from US results it is the same and it has won some across the pond.
  6. ThePirateKingAtomsk

ThePirateKingAtomsk Red Haze Stalker

I suggest we make a poll thread- that shows what most uses are playing on a bi-weekly basis.

Unless something like that exist already and I'm not taking notice to it.

Like a form you fill out like this

The idea wouldn't to get everyone as a report, but just general statistic of what were popular plays in the past weeks.
    ShinyEevee likes this.
  7. ShinyEevee

ShinyEevee The not so shiny

I really like this idea but I wouldn't totally base the Tier system upon it. What we specifically are playing probably won't make a heck of a lot of difference. This becomes especially true when we factor in that not everyone is as competitive. I would guess, for example, that Darkrai/Garbodor would be the most popular of decks as its the cheapest but not specifically the best.

But I still like the idea to keep tabs on the way that it shifts at least in our pool of players.

A counter proposal that would take a significant amount of effort (possibly) would be to have someone make charts that is collected from the top finnisher data in recent tournaments. Then we would have a good clue of what is winning, what isn't, ect.
  8. Professor_N

Tiers are pretty much whatever the mods want them to be I'm pretty sure. They can put Blastoise in tier Reshiboar if they would like to. But they use sense and take it from what won major events usually.
  9. StormFront

StormFront Active Member

Yveltal/Garbodor definitely needs to be moved to tier 1. Fairy Toolbox should also be considered as well.
    Salamencetrainer34 likes this.
  10. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care Staff Member

To be honest, not much (if anything) is going to happen to the tiers now.

The primary focus of 6P is going to be the bbs forums and stuff is going to be allowed to run down a bit here.
  11. Cobalt314

Cobalt314 Cybernetic Superconductor

I suggest that the tiers be updated on a regular basis, say once a week, so that newer members to SixPrizes get a more accurate feel as to which decks are which tier. If there arises a new viewpoint on a deck that requires a tier change, it can more efficiently be changed during the next scheduled tier change. I'm new to this thread, so I don't know if my suggestion is relevant to the topic of discussion, but this is just my bitcoin.
  12. Professor_N

Otaku likes this.
  13. druddigon

druddigon New Member

I would like to ask you if you know what the rotation will be for the next season? Thank you very much!
  14. Salamencetrainer34

Salamencetrainer34 An ogre-achiever

There is no known rotation ATM for the next season. BLW-on is seperate format. Popular speculation says BCR-on, as its considered the BW2 base set. That, or PLS-on as it introduces the plasma block.
  15. Professor_N

If it is in fact BCR-on I will be flipping tables (because of Strong Energy soon to be released). But anything you read on forums is pure speculation until Pokemon releases the information on their website. You know as much as we do, @druddigon.
  16. druddigon

druddigon New Member

Thank you, Professor_N an Salamancetrainer34 :)
  17. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care Staff Member

I'll say what I always say.

Until you see an official announcement on Pokemon.com, the people who know aren't saying, and the people who are saying don't know.
    Floral likes this.