League/Fun SPC Deck (Scizor Prime, Cobalion NV)

Discussion in 'HS-on Archives' started by mrpokemonknowledge, Apr 18, 2012.

1. mrpokemonknowledge

mrpokemonknowledge New Member

One day after league i was sitting at home talking to my friend who is also a Pokemon TCG player. I was explaining how i was getting bored with this current format and how basically only CMT and Zekeels are the top dominant decks. As i pondered on i wanted to try and create and play something new. So here is my deck idea that has probably been done and thought of before.

Pokemon: 14
    1 Shaymin
    1 Smeargle
    2 Skarmory
    3 Cobalion NV
    3 Scizor Prime
    4 Scyther 70Hp

Items: 24
    1 Super Rod
    2 Pokemon Communications
    3 Pokemon Catcher
    3 Switch
    3 PlusPower
    4 Junk Arm
    4 Exp. Share
    4 Dual Ball

Stadiums: 2
    2 Skyarrow Bridge

Supporters: 8
    2 Sage's Training
    3 N
    3 Professor Oak's New Theory

Energy:12
    8 Metal Energy
    4 Special Metal Energy

The supporter line is pretty small but so far have not had any issues with that due to playing smeargle. The deck is self-explanatory. Try to start with Skarmory so you can steel coat to attach one of any type of metal energy to one of your pokemon. Smeargle and dual balls in the deck to try and make this metal deck fast even though most the time it has been a late game deck. Since fire type decks have been disappearing i decided to go the metal route especially with how good scizor prime's poke-body red armor is due to almost every deck playing some sort of special energy. Would play two Mewtwo EX if i had them but this deck seems to have little issues playing without it since almost all metal pokemon have a resistance to psychic.
    Well leave ideas and thoughts in the comments below.
  2. LanturnPrime

LanturnPrime HAS RETURNED!!!!!!!!

Why run Skyarrow? Scizor AND cobalion all have two retreat cost and Scizor isn't even a basic!
    I would:
    -1 Smeargle
    -2 Skyarrow
    -1 Switch
    -1 N
    -2 Sage's (what are you looking to discard?)

+1 PONT
    +2 Juniper
    +2 Random Reciver (DEX)
    +2 Skarmory (so you can start with it more)
    mrpokemonknowledge likes this.
  3. mrpokemonknowledge

mrpokemonknowledge New Member

I will definitely try those out
    Ive tried juniper but i usually discard to many things i might need later on but i will try it again
  4. Elf

Elf likes Bacon

4 skarmory is the smartest play because then you get the acceleration to cobalion. SAB isn't needed for the reason that LanturnPrime said. And 2 catcher and 2 switch is good. You should keep your draw line where it is, but you could put in 2 Random Reciever.
  5. beboppokedad

beboppokedad Well-Known Member

if it's true jimmy ballard placed top 32 with scizor deck it would be interesting to get that list. i'll keep an eye out for it.
  6. Superman

Superman Man of STEEL!

I'll ask him on Saturday when I see him at his shop here in IL. I know for a fact he ran Terrakion EPO.
    beboppokedad likes this.
  7. indercarnive

indercarnive Well-Known Member

i prefer to call this deck straight steel.
  8. Ziggmiceter

Ziggmiceter Ultimate 6P tournament procrastinator

So did you?