Tier 2 Rayquaza EX, Eelektrik NVI

Discussion in 'BLW-on Archives' started by cabd, Aug 14, 2012.

1. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care Staff Member

Most players love buying a bunch of new cards.

That's basically the business model for a TCG.
    eggrolls likes this.
  2. kbs021

kbs021 Member

lol well the players i know (more top players) wouldn't agree with that but okay. and am referring to older rotated card
  3. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

I know I like getting new cards. Everyone loves buying new cards, but no one loves using their money.
  4. kbs021

kbs021 Member

a
    Exactly lol... But this is going to be weird for the upper tier players that usually build several decks to play at a tourney. They might need to build several more decks for the next day of a tourny.. I am not quite like that I usually only have 2 on me and might only add 1 or two more for a day 2. This could get kinda expensive. I am going to be interested if this goes past regionals into something like states, or nats.
  5. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care Staff Member

There are only 3 significant cards from BLW-NVI that we don't have in this format:

Eels
    PlusPower
    SSU

BLW-on is basically whatever the modified format is plus RayEels. It's not going to strain anyone too much.
    eggrolls and KPiplup like this.
  6. kbs021

kbs021 Member

I would easily put BW-Klingklang in that list as well... But you should also include the current the cards that are about to get rotated as well. That will at least add a few more sets that will get rotated as well which will broaden that pool. When you take into account adding back these several sets, the deck you play in swiss will obviously change, but you might want to change decks completely. This isn't a requirement. Most players will be able to do this without too much complaint. But this will be adding strain to several players. I am not even arguing against this new idea mind you all I am just stating points. At least they let us know with plenty of time!
    Reshiphlosion likes this.