Rogue Raikou-EX, Eelektrik NVI

Discussion in 'HS-on Archives' started by Vysekun, May 19, 2012.

1. Vysekun

Vysekun The Ninetales and the Grapes Staff Member

I call this deck MAXIMUM RAIKOU - Here's an earlier list:

4 Tynamo NV 38
    4 Eelektrik NV 40
    3 Raikou-EX DE 38
    1 Smeargle UD 8
    1 Thundurus EP 35
    13 cards

4 N NV 101
    4 Professor Juniper BW 101
    3 Dual Ball CL 78
    3 Ultra Ball DE 102
    3 Level Ball ND 89
    3 Super Rod NV 95
    4 Junk Arm TR 87
    2 Max Potion EP 94
    2 Random Receiver DE 99
    2 Skyarrow Bridge ND 91
    2 Switch HGSS 102
    1 Eviolite NV 91
    1 Pokemon Catcher DE 111
    34 cards

12 Lightning Energy BW 108
    1 Rescue Energy TR 90
    13 cards

Strategy:

Principles:
    1. Quick setup
    2. Always 2-4 Eels in play via heavy super rod line
    3. Max Potion to deny Raikou knockouts
    4. High energy count to discard via Ultra Ball/Junk Arm

I am thinking that I need to fit Tornadus EX to shore up my Fighting weakness, or a Zekrom EX? My thoughts are to try and fit one of both since each of them solve the deck's two problems - Overcoming a HP barrier in Zekrom EX and dealing with fighting types with Tornadus EX. I'd rather not have to run Zekrom EX, but I am capping my damage here if I don't.

What I have been doing is using Raikou's first attack to do 30 and paralyse on a coin flip. Now that I think about it, I may also try fitting a single blackbelt instead of Zekrom EX which may be what I'm looking for. I'm just hoping I dont draw it off random receiver -_-

Probably going to drop Thundurus. I like it to fetch energy for eventual discard, but I figure I should be able to do this with Ultra Ball and Junk Arm + reasonably high energy count.

If I can fit two Tornadus EX, or perhaps a 1-1 split of the EX and the regular Tornadus I might also want to invest in DCEs - not the worst thing because I then have something else to assist retreating eels.

I want to create a situation where they can only consistently knock out eels and not Raikou, but, I also want to engineer a situation where getting rid of the eels is impossible since I can keep streaming them.

I am thinking of cutting 2 Juniper for 2 Oak.

I am split on Catcher purely because of the matchups I've been testing where Catcher hasn't really done anything for me. (1 or 0 retreat in an energy acceleration format).

Here's a quasi-revision:

4 Tynamo NV 38
    4 Eelektrik NV 40
    2 Raikou-EX DE 38
    1 Smeargle UD 8
    1 Tornadus EX DE ##
    13 cards

4 N NV 101
    4 Professor Juniper BW 101
    1 Blackbelt TR ##
    3 Dual Ball CL 78
    3 Ultra Ball DE 102
    3 Level Ball ND 89
    2 Super Rod NV 95
    4 Junk Arm TR 87
    2 Max Potion EP 94
    2 Random Receiver DE 99
    2 Skyarrow Bridge ND 91
    2 Switch HGSS 102
    1 Eviolite NV 91
    1 Pokemon Catcher DE 111
    34 cards

12 Lightning Energy BW 108
    1 Rescue Energy TR 90
    13 cards

(## means I haven't grabbed the card number lol)

I am still struggling with Bulls. So I think I'm going to add a regular Tornadus.
  2. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care Staff Member

I think I'd want 3 SAB in this . . . especially w/ Tornadus.

And I'd then probably chuck in some DCE or more Rescue . . . just so Raikou only has to discard 2 sometimes if you are short on Eels or don't have the Lightning in hand.
  3. beboppokedad

beboppokedad Well-Known Member

Interesting list. I haven't thought much on Raikou but that Max Potion angle is interesting. Overall though it seems you'd get chewed by ground with your original list, but I see you are proposing various updates, sorry if I didn't read them all. I guess I'd be afraid of using decks were you have to attack with EXs almost all the time. (also I didn't quite catch the Black Belt idea but running it with all those Junipers and other discard cards makes actually finding it/keeping it for a useful situation pretty unlikely I'd think)
  4. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

No offense, but I didn't like your list.

This is a list that I like:

Pokemon – 17

3 Tynamo NVI 38
    1 Tynamo NVI 39
    3 Eelektrik NVI
    3 Raikou EX
    2 Tornadus EX
    2 Zekrom BLW/NXD
    2 Smeargle UD/CL

Trainers – 28

4 Pokemon Collector
    4 Professor Oak’s New Theory
    3 Professor Juniper

3 Junk Arm
    2 Level Ball
    3 Pokemon Catcher
    3 Eviolite
    2 Switch
    2 Energy Exchanger

2 Skyarrow Bridge
    Energy – 15

9 Lightning Energy
    4 Rescue Energy
    2 Double Colorless Energy

I love the Energy Exchanger because you can get out that Rescue Energy very quick and easily.

This is probably one of the more ideal list, imo.
  5. LanturnPrime

LanturnPrime HAS RETURNED!!!!!!!!

No N? Collector over dual ball? 4 rescue and still three Raikou? I see some problems. Also, I think 4-4 Eels is good for the mirror match.
  6. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

It's just how I roll ;)

But it is just a draft. With a little tweaking, it will be better.
  7. Vysekun

Vysekun The Ninetales and the Grapes Staff Member

@JGames: None taken. It's not a standard list by any means.
  8. ChrisHenson

ChrisHenson New Member

I ran Raikou version of Eels in BR, though the deck has had many minor tweaks it was more or less:

2 Raikou EX
    1 Mewtwo (I thought about dropping Mewtwo because I haven't played enuf to know when to use her)
    1 Tornadus EX
    4-3 Eels
    2 Tornadus
    2 Zekrom

Seeker (I use this as my Scoop-up and as anti-tech vs my opponents running things like Eels, Terrakion, Entei or evolving basics.)
    Skyarrow Bridge

It doesn't seem very Rougish to me though. I'm just glad to see Raikou getting love as the sniper king.
  9. Ein

Ein The Mega Man Master

I am with baby_mario on the 3 SABs. It would be nice to get away with 2 and bank on your opponent having some, but chances are you need the free retreat more then they do with this deck, so while it may feel like much, you gotta go with 3.
  10. DONPokemon

DONPokemon New Member

Hello

here is the list I been Working on.

Pokemon 21

3 Tynamo NV 38
    3 Eelektrik NV 40
    3 Oddish UD 60
    2 Vileplume UD 24
    3 Raikou EX
    2 Tornadus EX
    2 Victiny NV 14
    1 ERL UL 90
    1 ERL UL 91
    1 Pichu

Trainers 26

4 Pokemon Collectors
    4 Twins
    4 Sage's Training
    3 Professor Oak
    1 Seeker
    4 Pokemon Communication
    3 Rare Candy
    3 Sky Arrow Bridge

Energy 13

9 Lighting
    4 DCE

I think Vileplume is a great card to counter the most used decks right now, the problem with Vileplume is that you need put in play ASAP, Raikou EX and Tornadus EX are great attackers that can put pressure early game even without Vileplume in play.

the idea is use Tynamo and Raikou to create a Lock, Victiny is to increase my chances, It can slow down the opponent if they do not have the switch in hand, and once Vileplume comes in to play they must be forced to wait until I flip both tails.

This decklist is very energy efficent so I only need un Eelektrik in play to power up the attacks, I can stall with Thunder Fang and finish with Tornadus Power Blast.

The Last time I went to Santiago I Saw several decks running Shaymin, Smeargle and Weavile in multiple numbers so I think ERL is a great addition, because I can Twins for it and play Right Away for Multiples KO.

I already made several revisions to my list, (like adding a Seeker, Pichu, ETC), but sometimes I found myself with poor opening hands, I think is my luck buy if someone has any advice or help I would appreciated.

Regards
  11. quack

quack Member

Intresting deck. Have you had any success with it at brs?
  12. DONPokemon

DONPokemon New Member

I played it for Nationals, Due to my lack of experience, I could not overcome the time limit, I play it too slowly. (3-3 at nationals) but it its a good deck indeed, I feel that out of my 6 matches 5 were pretty winnable if I can afford 2-3 turns more.

I would make some changes tough, maybe, take of the ERL for a Zekrom or two, (or maybe Terrakion) the deck truly needs an non ex attacker to finish things out. for example a Terrakion active would take a Thunder fang and paralysis, and then zekrom could finish it next turn, for darkrai should be two thunder fangs and a Bolt Strike.

Using Only ex for Attack is no good for this deck because you may need to give prizes away during set up. (like if you play Mew Vanilluxe)

also you need to plan ahead in the event that you mist the coin flip. (it happens to me 2 or 3 times)
  13. Ein

Ein The Mega Man Master

DON: I would consider adding in another Tynamo (I'm a fan of max Tynamo) and especially with your use of Victini with the little guy. I would take out a pComm.

I like this and think it's an excellent use of Raikou.