Rogue Quad-Lions - Entei-EX

Discussion in 'HS-on Archives' started by wiki188, May 13, 2012.

1. beboppokedad

beboppokedad Well-Known Member

according to one of the front page articles, a Entei Terrakion Mewtwo deck took first place at Canadian Nationals... news to me
  2. galladeava

galladeava Disapproving Clown Staff Member

Indeed it did, bebop.
  3. Micah477

Micah477 Member

Maybe 1 reshiram to help against sigilyph? Or Heatmor NVI, Moltres or darumaka EPO, they inflict burn and can't be one shot by sigilyph. Volcarona 2 shots sigilyph and goes fairly well with the deck. Psychic Darmanitan could work, or even a sigilyph of your own. Garbador is always an option in a no ability beatdown deck like this.
    I guess just ignoring sigilyph is always an option but I do hate an autoloss =/ Please feel free to point out flaws in any of these ideas, just need to find a way to beat sigilyph XD
  4. darkwings

darkwings Never give the monkey a gun

you could always play around sigilyph via catcher.
  5. Micah477

Micah477 Member

And if your opponent doesn't play down any other pokemon? Even if they do play down enough pokemon, how far can 4 catcher go? =/
  6. Roarkiller

Roarkiller Member

Try blissey. Ups your healing ability, searchable by heavy ball, one-shots sigilyph.

The magic's gone for this guy though, but considering how you can no longer drop a shaymin for extreme X-Balls, there may be life for it yet. And empoleon needs a full bench PLUS four on your own side to OHKO an eviolited entei.

Unless he plays four pluspower. Or tool scrapper. Meh.
    Micah477 likes this.
  7. Bleak

Bleak Glorious beacon of light Staff Member

I have a friend who's built Entei Ex/Blissey DEX for a BW-on format. I can't comment on how good it is (I still think it's ridiculous to build decks when we don't have the Dragon set yet), but he seems to like it pretty well. In theory, I can see it working... though I doubt it'd ever be Tier 1.
    beboppokedad likes this.
  8. Roarkiller

Roarkiller Member

Yea well, that's what I thought too when I first thought it up. Look where it is now. Granted, Darkrai/Hydreigon does pretty much the same job, doesn't it? And empoleon/aerodactyl might be rampant enough to clamp it down.

The new Cresselia EX will give it a nice boost tho, similar to Serperior's ability. But we'll have to wait quite a bit for that one. In the meantime, 4 switch 4 max potion 4 E-switch goes a long way for this guy.
  9. Bleak

Bleak Glorious beacon of light Staff Member

I'm pretty sure the Cresselia wasn't translated properly.
  10. Roarkiller

Roarkiller Member

Riiight... I need to remember to not trust other's translations and rely on my own japanese fluency next time.

Oh well, there goes that idea...
  11. Mr_Rumpleteezer

Mr_Rumpleteezer Hovercat Mod Staff Member

The biggest thing this deck loses is Junk Arm, and MooMoo Milk to a small extent.

I love Entei, and I would like to make it work, but Sigilyph, the lack of JA, Tool Scrapper, it all scares me. I'm gonna wait a little bit longer to test it, but I am deeply concerned nevertheless.
    beboppokedad likes this.
  12. Zarco

Zarco Alternate format enthusiast

Well, in Canada I think it was a heavily teched-out Entei list made top 4 at Nats, essentially it became Entei/Terrakion/Mewtwo which gives you better matchups vs. Eels/Darkrai and Mewtwo plays, respectively.
  13. Roarkiller

Roarkiller Member

Er, top4? It went beyond that, it WON.

That same player was playing virtually the same deck as two players from my country, one of which went 2nd, the other 8th. Actually, they kinda collaborated, so basically the same deck got 1st and 2nd in two separate nats.
  14. Zarco

Zarco Alternate format enthusiast

Well all I knew was that I saw it in the top 4, didn't know its placing... Either way I've played against it, it's pretty good with solid options at all times and doesn't run into the problems most quad decks do. Can't decide if it's the same deck archetype anymore
  15. indercarnive

indercarnive Well-Known Member

nobody is gonna run tool scrapper. like the front page article says. without Junk arm running 1 or 2 of em mean hitting em at the right time and not getting rid of them early. thats a lucky thign i cant count on. besides a lot of the time people play eviolite on a pokemon that you still 2ko or something. and running 3 or 4 is just dumb for a card unless you can find a deck that has that room and still runs on a good consistency.
  16. Biggie

Biggie Biggie Plays Pokemon Too!

I actually had Entei in a deck with Volcarona and Arcanine. He ended up being my main attacker. But I ended up just going straight Entei and Volcarona. Burning Scales helps Entei and how slow he is. Turn 2 Volcarona with a turn 2 fire fang really really helps Entei. Any thoughts on this combination?
  17. Zubatattack

Zubatattack New Member

Alright, so this is my list for the new format, i find running ultra balls over heavy balls makes the energy drops easier and the reason i don't run 4 juniper is it doesn't pair well at all with cheren. reshiram looks like a good tech for sigilyph and it also forces your opponents to take a seventh prize.

4 Entei EX
    1 Reshiram

13 fire energy

4 Cheren
    4 N
    3 Juniper
    2 Random Receiver
    4 Pokemon Catcher
    4 Eviolite
    3 Ultra Ball
    4 Potion
    4 Max Potion