Rogue Quad-Lions - Entei-EX

Discussion in 'HS-on Archives' started by wiki188, May 13, 2012.

1. eggrolls

eggrolls The future of this society. Or not.

Oh yeah, thanks. I forgot about that.
  2. beboppokedad

beboppokedad Well-Known Member

i had to chuckle a bit at the front page article today, mentioned "Fire Fang also conveniently OHKOs Klink DEX, Chikorita HS..." Another chikorita sighting? hehe

also, why wasn't there mention of quad blissey in that article? some biases i'd say... :p
  3. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care Staff Member

Here on the free site, we have to put up with joke decks.

People paying for the privilege of UG membership can avoid that nonsense.
    beboppokedad likes this.
  4. beboppokedad

haha, money well spent! :D
  5. darkwings

darkwings Never give the monkey a gun

6. beboppokedad

I kind of like your build. My conundrum with this deck is "how to get it started?". Ok, that sounds kind of obvious in a way, but really, how do you make a strong set-up with your opponent trying to catcher and attack your Entei's with insufficient energy. There seems to be 2 (or more) strategies:

1) Use Energy Switch and Max Potion to elude opponents (we'll call this Galladeava's Theorem).
    2) Use Straight Potions (Potion, Moo-Moo, Max) and we'll call this Darkwing's Dare since he posted last.
    or
    3) Use Smeargles, Shaymins, or other non-EX pokemon. This makes some sense since there is one extra prize card to burn (3 Entei EX KOs = Smeargle or Shaymin KO plus 3 Entei EX KOs). The venerable Dr. Babius Marius pointed this out previously.

Thoughts?
  7. wiki188

wiki188 Mrlightning

@beboppokedad
    from what i've seen watching games with this deck is that you rarely have more than 2 entei out unless your benched is fully powered. then pretty much use healing shenaigans to keep entei alive and tanking.
    beboppokedad likes this.
  8. beboppokedad

i'm coming in from the cold and there's probably not a right answer, but from my perspective having a solid smeargle and shaymin handy to stall, supporter search, or switch energy seems like a practical alternative over the pristine theory of quad-roars
  9. Superman

Superman Man of STEEL!

So how does this deck fair after rotation, anyway to make entei playable?
  10. darkwings

yes actually. later today i'll post my blw on list.
    beboppokedad likes this.
  11. Superman

Superman Man of STEEL!

Would you mind messaging it to me as well? I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
  12. Ein

Ein The Mega Man Master

To come back to my previous question of increasing the odds of getting energy in the discard, I found running Ultra Balls over Heavy Balls really helps. Getting that T3 Grand Flame for with an energy attach is just too huge for this deck.

On a side note, this deck has really lost steam since first coming out. Many players know exactly how to play this. Mewtwo wrecks this deck.
  13. darkwings

sorry for not pm'ing you the message, but i've been a little busy. i WILL get it to you tomorrow.
  14. Superman

Superman Man of STEEL!

No problem at all! I appreciate it :]
  15. kodepop

kodepop New Member

So what about Reshiram, kinda seems like Entei and Reshiram would be a good team. Use Entei to power up Reshirams, it turns into a cycle. Maybe throw some Switches to keep it more consistent. I'd put 2 reshirams and 1 reshiram ex for late game ohkos. I've never actually used Entei so idk how good it actually is, but it seems like a good idea haha
  16. isaiah1989

isaiah1989 Active Member

How does it work??
    I never played against it, ever. only quad terrakian
  17. wiki188

wiki188 Mrlightning

isaiah1989 quad entei works in which you get the turn 3 grandflame and start powering up a 2nd entei, while pioliting the deck you denie kos through the use of hammers and lost remover, and healing items like moomoo milk, max potion, potion, life herb
  18. beboppokedad

Can this deck survive rotation? I'm pretty skeptical
  19. N3rd4Christ

N3rd4Christ Active Member

someone made a point on a diff thread for Sigilyph stopping most quad ex decks. Makes sense especially with only 4 catchers.
  20. indercarnive

indercarnive Well-Known Member

cant wait for bw-on. made a rogue deck that i beleive rocks the meta. hope no one has thought of it before or is knows what im talking about. but i google searched the deck and found nothing. so google dont fail me now......

maybe i should try bing