Rogue Quad-Lions - Entei-EX

Discussion in 'HS-on Archives' started by wiki188, May 13, 2012.

1. peadawg14

peadawg14 Member

I try and stay away from flippy cards and not sure what sab does. Here's my trainer line (4 Entei, 12 Energy of course):

4Heavy Ball
    4N
    4Professor Juniper
    4Professor Oak's New Theory
    2Random Receiver
    4Junk Arm
    4Pokemon Catcher
    4Switch
    4Max Potion
    4Energy Switch
    3Eviolite
    3Potion
  2. galladeava

galladeava Disapproving Clown Staff Member

SAB = Sky Arrow Bridge. Reduces the retreat cost of all Basic pokemon in play by 1 C. Looks fine though
  3. peadawg14

peadawg14 Member

Oh, I knew what sab meant...sorry. I meant I don't know what it does for the deck. :) I'm just trying to go for as much tanking as I can. I realized I need more potions/eviolites when playing some terrakion decks.
  4. galladeava

Oh right, sorry, thought it might have a lapse. What it does is this. Turns the retreat cost from 3 to 2. Then, when you're active Entei is heavily damaged you Energy switch to the Entei you just Grand Flamed to. Then retreat to that Entei. Attach from your hand. Max potion the energyless Entei. Then stick an Energy back on the Entei after Grand flame, rinse and repeat.
  5. galladeava

Does nothing but fold to Empoleon. Especially a T2 Empoleon. Cry.
  6. peadawg14

peadawg14 Member

Bummer day...went 2-3 @ BR w/ a bye.

1 loss was to celebi/regigigas....had no clue how to go about it.
    1 was to the other guy's PP, junk arm for PP for the win or else I would have had it.
    And 1 was to just plane bad luck drawing no RR or supporters for about 4 turns against dark deck and I fizzled out after going up 2 quick prizes.

I'll give it a go again tomorrow and try it one more time.

I ended up getting 3rd today w/ the same list :). I played a lot of eels and fighting which Quad Entei is good again. The one(or 2) thing it needs is some Mewtwo EX. Once the opponent gets one powered up really nice w/ an eviolite...that's pretty much game. Love the deck! Love it!
  7. Pikabruce

Pikabruce Member

A version of this deck got 3rd at our BR last weekend. When I played against it, I didn't see Potion or Max Potion, but I did see Crushing Hammer and Lost Remover.
  8. voltbolt

voltbolt Member

Someone played quad lions at my battle roads. They didnt win a single match.Also I was playing zoroark/krookodile/darkrai with little success, but I still won 2 matches.(one of which was against lions)
    Darkrai ate entei up.
  9. bradon

bradon Member

Entei has problems going against other EXs that can get going before he can. If the enemy gets an X-Ball on turn 1 it could be GG for the lion player if he can't get an energy on his benched Entei asap.
  10. SawkSensei

SawkSensei New Member

I like Quadlions
    I ran it this last week at BR and i was 2-2, but i know how to improve my deck

If you have the right trainers, and alot of healing, i think this deck has alot of potential
  11. VinnySal

VinnySal Member

2nd place at battleroads QuadLion list coming right up. Went 4-1 in swiss, lost to Empoleon!
    Finally ran into a powerful Darkrai/Tornadus/Mewtwo in top 2. Too many eviolites, when I tried attacking with my own Mewtwo he revealed his and yeah, just didn't go to hot.

Entei EX x4
    Shaymin UL x1
    Mewtwo EX x1
    Smeargle CL x1

4 Entei are obvious, Mewtwo and shaymin help me combat eviolited enemy Mewtwo that would give me massive headaches and smeargle was useful because I run only 8 draw supporters, so many decks run skyarrow, and starting Mewtwo or shaymin is a minor nightmare. Also, since I only really use EXs, if he gives up a prize it's actually irrelevant.

Firex12

PONTx4
    Juniperx4
    Seeker x3

You may notice a glaring lack of N! Honestly, this deck takes a lot of cheap prizes with catchers and doesn't start giving up prizes until later in the game so I really didn't miss it at all.

Dual Ball x4
    Junk Arm x4
    Catcher x4
    Switch x4
    Super Scoop Up x4
    Eviolite x3
    Random Receiver x3
    PlusPower x2 (an absolute must vs. very popular dark decks with zoroark)
    Heavy Ball x1
    Rocky Helmet x1 (helpful vs. genies, zoroark, and eviolited EXs)

I love playing Quad Entei. I've been playing it since prerelease with proxies and I've been to many leagues with it. I've had a lot of success with it and this, I find to be the most effective build for me.
  12. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

I'm just going to go with that this is like a [MAIN] thread or whatever. Here is my list;

Pokemon - 5

4 Entei EX
    1 Zekrom BLW

TSS - 41

4 PONT
    3 Juniper
    3 Cheren

4 Junk Arm
    3 Crushing Hammer
    3 Pokemon Catcher
    3 Heavy Ball
    3 Potion
    3 Moomoo Milk
    3 Revive
    3 EXP Share
    2 Super Scoop Up
    2 Random Receiver
    2 Lost Remover

Energy - 14

9 Fire Energy
    3 Rescue Energy
    2 Prism Energy

I'm a fan of the disruption that the Hammer Engine (including Lost Remover) gives you.
  13. Micah477

Micah477 Member

Is anyone at all still playing Ninetales? I used to play just the 4 entei and smeargle but then switched to include a 4/4 Ninetales (2 roast reveal 2 heat acceleration) the idea being not only is ninetales a solid internal draw, but if you can get heat acceleration T2 you can setup prize denial/Entei wall a lot faster. As far as giving up easy prizes is concerned, if you lose 3 prizes from Ninetales/Vulpix then you have essentially only lost 2 prizes the way that it would otherwise work out playing a quad EX deck, and I think that the setup that can be achieved from Ninetales is well worth that exchange. Another small helpful aspect is that you have less of a chance of starting Shaymin. Another option is Volcarona, 20 more HP, a basic that can be searched for with heavy ball, and accelerates any basic energy, making Terrakion a little more splashable.
    Anyone else testing with either of these?
  14. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care Staff Member

If they KO 2 Ninetails, then that's one less Entei they need to take a Prize from. If they KO 4 (or 3 plus a Shaymin or Smeargle) then they only need to KO one Entei.

The other downside is the 8 slots you are devoting to Ninetails, plus the resources you are using to get them out. So you gain (temporary) draw, but you lose overall consistency.
  15. Micah477

Micah477 Member

If they only KO two Ninetales then you have draw for the rest of the game. I don't think giving up 8 slots in a quad deck gives up much consistency, but yeah, I guess I had never thought of a lack of consistency being a reason against Ninetales, good point.
  16. Mr_Rumpleteezer

Mr_Rumpleteezer Hovercat Mod Staff Member

Been testing without Ninetales and w/o any other Pokemon and I'm really starting to like it.

The worst part is that the deck falls really hard to early game Crushing Hammers. The longer it takes for a Grand Flame, the worst time you'll have.
  17. SawkSensei

SawkSensei New Member

This is how i play QuadLion. 5-5 this past weekend in 2 battle roads, but mentle error cost me a few games.

Pokemon - 6

Entei EX x4
    Smeargle x2

TSS 42

PONT x4
    Catcher x4
    Junk Arm x4
    Switch x4
    Energy Switch x4
    N x3
    Super Scoop Up x3
    Plus Power x2
    Eviolite x2
    Exp Share x2
    Max Potion x2
    Enhanced Hammer x2
    Random Reciver x2
    Heavy Ball x2
    Juniper x2

Energy

Fire x12

Burn on turn 2
    Full powered turn 3, attatching fire to a benched Entei

If wounded, retreat/swithc/scoop, hopefully energy switch to have another full powered entei

The idea is to not let them KO any

I won 3 out of my 5 gamnes without giving up a single prize, and 1 game ended with me not giving any prizes, and none of my pokemon had damage on them\

I beat top tier CMT and Zekeels as well as Darkrai and Quad Terrakion, and my last win was against a empoleon deck(surprising, i know)
  18. Ein

Ein The Mega Man Master

Quad-Entei is a deck that really intrigues me, and my play of it has evolved. At first I played nothing but Entei and Volcarona, and it wasn't too bad. I consistently got volcarona and burn by turn 2, but volcarona was big catcher bait (although I did add DCE to relieve it, allowing him to become an attacker). Laying Uber-Burn down is a great feeling, but I had to let the bug go. The space that it freed up was amazing.

Now 4 Enteis and nothing else doesn't appeal to me. After trying out some lists, I prefer to have 1-3 more pokemon fluffed in. Not only does it help your chance of drawing a basic, but it can get KOed without affecting the game, as people have already mentioned. So far I have settled on Smeargle, but he can be very tough to switch in and out, especially if your opponent doesn't run any SkyArrows, (and I feel this deck runs much smoother without them). I like the list Vinny has, Shaymin can be very valuable to have in your pocket, and it ran pretty smooth. Also with 7 pokemon, you are probably only going to mull a max of 3 times if you are unlucky. Another pokemon to throw in with Entei I have been considering is Reshiram, as he would make a decent starter (although you would have to ditch a T3 Grand Flame, which may be unacceptable) but mid-game if you grand flame energy onto him your opponent might be forced to take big damage or play a 7 prize game.

Now onto a problem I have encountered: getting a fire energy in the discard T3 on a consistent basis. You need to draw into 4 fire energy and a way to discard one of them by T3, which hasn't been as easy as I thought. Maybe switching a ball (dual/heavy) for an ultra will bump up the odds.
  19. eggrolls

eggrolls The future of this society. Or not.

How come none of you are running ANY REVIVES?
  20. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care Staff Member

Because

1. Entei rarely gets KO'd

and

2. If 3 out of the 4 do die, you just lost anyway.