Rogue Quad-Lions - Entei-EX

Discussion in 'HS-on Archives' started by wiki188, May 13, 2012.

1. wiki188

wiki188 Mrlightning

Pokemon: 10
    4 Entei EX
    3-3 Ninetails(Roost Reveal)

T/Sp/St: 34
    4 Pokemon Catcher
    4 Junk Arm
    2 Level Ball
    2 Heavy Ball
    2 Eviolite
    2 Super Scoop Up
    2 Switch
    1 Ultra Ball
    1 Random Receiver
    1 Energy Retrieval

4 PONT
    4 Cheren
    4 N

1 Burned Tower

Energy: 12
    12 Fire

Free Space: 4

This is just a skeleton list i thought of after seeing a list very similar from a youtuber mtshank aka ninjadethstrike possible techs include SYAB, Smeargle, Rescue Energy, Lost Remover, Crushing Hammer, Plus Power; to name a few. What else should be in here, taken out, etc.?
  2. Cut the Ninetails and Level Ball. I don't see how they would help that much with Catcher in the format.
  3. wiki188

wiki188 Mrlightning

from what i've seen they are the Draw Engine in this deck instead of relying solely on juniper to go deep into the deck.
    just one version i would say
  4. beboppokedad

beboppokedad Well-Known Member

hey , yeah, i was happy to see a quad lions post, but then i saw the roast reveal... and i wasn't too happy.

... just my ramblings
  5. isaiah1989

isaiah1989 Active Member

Good luck with this deck, I don't think it will work to be honest, but I like the idea :p
  6. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care Staff Member

Definitely drop the Ninetales. You're just giving your opponents easy Prizes there..
  7. Myles

Myles Deck Crafter

Made this deck in a form for my friend to run as a rouge at Sydney Regionals. Its an interesting deck, able to overpower most non-Teir 1/2 decks. Sadly its just not as hard hitting as decks like quad-terrakion because nothing is really weak to fire and 90 damage just doesn't cut it. Decks which get going really fast against it just leave it dead in the water. As does Mewtwo EX which it really can't deal with, especially if it gets out fairly quickly.

Some interesting techs worth trying out are Slugma/Research Records/Shaymin UL for energy acceleration or RDL/Legend Box as a counter to mewtwo and as a way to take 3 prize cards and win a game.
  8. galladeava

galladeava Disapproving Clown Staff Member

Been playing this actually and found it pretty fun. Especially after watching Pooka's game on PlayTCG. With the right build and key energy drops I can be a very effective deck. I've been toying with:

4 Entei

12 Fire

4 N
    4 PONT
    4 Juniper
    2 RR
    4 Junk Arm
    4 Heavy Ball
    4 Catcher
    4 Max Potion
    4 Switch
    3 PP
    3 Energy Switch
    2 EXP Share
    2 Eviolite

Consistent and tanky.
  9. Super Scoop Up might also be a good addition, although it looks like you already have plenty of healing options with the 4 Max Potion.
  10. beboppokedad

beboppokedad Well-Known Member

I wouldn't have thought max potion could be an option here, interesting. Three energy swiches, wow.
  11. bradon

bradon Member

How does EXP Share work out for you? I never figured it would be necessary with Grand Flame.
  12. galladeava

I've found it to be relatively important. At T3 you're gonna get you're first Grand Flame at which point I tend to put the Energy on an EXP share, because then after the probably KO next turn. you can get the EXP share energy, promote and attach to hit for 90 again. For sure if you have the choice to switch/energy switch/potion shenanigans you do, but at least you can grand flame straight after a KO. similar to a Revenge KO for terrakion.
  13. drunkentruc

drunkentruc New Member

14. David

David Shiny Piplup wiZard

Entie is de bomb :D
  15. peadawg14

peadawg14 Member

galladeava,

I tried your deck out on playtcg...w/ -1 RR, +1 Fire...definitely fun and annoying w/ max potions and energy switch shenanigans :)

I only got to play 1 game against darkrai ex/tornadus ex/mewtwo ex....and had 3 cards left in my deck when I won. Have you had problems w/ decking out?

EDIT: Played 3 more games...only came close to decking out 1 time
  16. galladeava

Yeah I've never really found it an issue, coming close to decking out and is winning is probably the best situation because you've used you resources well. I've actually found that my opponent decks out a few times because they just cant take out Enteis fast enough. I've also made a few changes to make 2HKOs into 3 and improve the life span of the deck.

-3 PP, -1 Heavy ball
    +2 SSU, +2 Potion

The potions turn Darkrai (no Claw) into 3HKOs while youre 2 shotting it. Eviolite makes the deck tough but if you can use your eviolites early then it balances out. I think 2 Tool Scrapper will go in when its released. Really liking the deck.
  17. TacoTurtle

TacoTurtle So good, I'm bad.

Like many other people have said, I would cut Ninetales. In my opinion the point of the deck is to try to avoid giving up prizes by tanking with Entei. Ninetales goes against this strategy by offering up easy Catcher prizes. Also, I have been playing around with the idea and if you want more Pokemon I would suggest some more EX's. Regigigas, Tornadus, Reshiram, and Mewtwo (although he is more offensively based and doesn't tank quite as well due to other Mewtwos) can all be slotted into this deck and used as additional tanks/beatsticks. Oh, and maybe Seeker could help with tanking, but that's just an idea. Just some of my thoughts, since I don't have a ton of experience with the deck.

Love the idea though!
  18. peadawg14

peadawg14 Member

It seems like the 3 PP are the 3 spots that you can play with. I'm hesitant to go to 3 Heavy Ball. I tried out 3 Lost Remover (w/ all the dce and sp. dark running around) and that helped some. I'll try out some SSU later. I'm basically trying different things in those 3 spots.

The deck is so much fun...if only I could see people's faces on playtcg when I pull the energy switch/max potion/switch combo and heal of 140 damage. :)
  19. galladeava

Yeah the best move is by far Energy Switch/Max potion. Playing more games I've found that Sky Arrow bridge is really handy, only used it from my opponent but am going to put it in in place of the EXP Share, Bradon was right, its not much use. Potion has turned really handy too. Looks like this now:

4 Entei

12 Fire

4 N
    4 PONT
    4 Juniper
    1 RR
    4 Junk Arm
    3 Heavy Ball
    3 Catcher
    4 Max Potion
    4 Switch
    4 Energy Switch
    3 Eviolite
    2 Potion
    2 SSU
    2 SAB
  20. bradon

bradon Member

Man, that list looks super tanky.

In testing, if the opponent gets set up quick enough before I can get enough energy out to attack (T1-T2 Night Spear, Hurricane, Disaster Volt, etc) I notice myself slapping an Eviolite on the active Entei and spamming Max Potions on it while I load up my benched lion, lol.