Tier 3 PlasmaKlang - Klinklang PLS, Cobalion-EX

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by Serperior, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Phoenix15

Phoenix15 I Flew Into a Burning Ring Of Fire...

What about the above deck with some things taken out and Pyroar teched in? It would be amazing. Think of all the combos
  2. Salamencetrainer34

Salamencetrainer34 An ogre-achiever

Pyroar can literally be teched into any deck. What combos would be made? I really don't see what you mean
  3. Phoenix15

Well, use Pyroar, and then move the energies to another pokemon with Aromatisse, then max potion, and mobe them back. You could move the energies anywhere, and stop a Plasma deck in it's tracks. Between the Cobalion (if played) and Pyroar, it would be almost like auto win (best case scenario)
  4. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

The point of Pyroar is that you don't take damage, right, so why would you have the combo of Max Potioning Pyroar? Sure, it can clean off the damage that a Stage 1 or 2 can do to Pyroar, but those Pokemon will likely be OHKOing Pyroar anyways, so I don't see what's the big deal.
  5. Phoenix15

Ok. Yeah. What I said was pointless. XD
  6. PokemonGeek

PokemonGeek Derp, Derp, Derpity Derp

3-1-3 Klinklang
    1 Skarmory EX
    1 Suicune
    1 Virizion EX
    2 Aromatisse
    1 Spritzee FF
    1 Spritzee XY
    1 Darkrai EX
    2 Registeel EX
    1 Spiritomb
    1 Yveltal EX

4 Sycamore
    3 N
    2 Pal Pad

3 Rare Candy
    2 Ultra Ball
    2 Level Ball
    3 Heavy Ball
    3 Max Potion
    2 Startling Megaphone
    1 Switch
    1 Super Rod
    2 Muscle Band
    1 Dowsing Machine

5 Metal
    4 Rainbow
    3 Prism

is this any good
    Last edited: May 14, 2014
  7. ZekromOHKO

ZekromOHKO New Member

maybe Coballion non-ex?
  8. PokemonGeek

PokemonGeek Derp, Derp, Derpity Derp

Could work.
  9. Ein

Ein The Mega Man Master

Cobalion EX > Skarmory EX. Quicker, discards special energies, and can punch through Sigi, Suicune, and even Pyroar, although you need to be careful about that one.
    hfechhelm likes this.
  10. hfechhelm

hfechhelm The Swarm

With this new format, would anyone still consider playing this with shift gear klingklang. Has good rayeels match up, and with hypnobank can take down most non-ex Pokemon.
    Could also use cobalion from Ltr to lock out your opponents non ex
    With spiritom, genesect has to spend a lot of time getting to it, and that would allow you to take so prizes.
  11. kbs021

kbs021 Member

Yeah going forward, KlingKlang will be like a pyroar deck where if you don't prepare and have a deck that can beat it, you are taking a risk. Speaking of pyroar... This deck might have a problem with that card...
  12. Salamencetrainer34

Salamencetrainer34 An ogre-achiever

C0balion EX with a muscle band OHKOs Pyroar
  13. kbs021

kbs021 Member

Yes which is a great thing... however, You will most likely get knocked out afterwards and It will take 3 turns to build another. Cobalion can one shot a pyroar which is important, but it gets one shotted right back. I don't feel Cobalion is a great card against pyroar.
  14. Ziggmiceter

Ziggmiceter Ultimate 6P tournament procrastinator

Damn, I deleted my list for 2013 Worlds right before the announcement. It was really good and I would have played it in the main event had I grinded in (I was too afraid a Garbodor or Gothitelle would pop up in the Grinder)
  15. Professor_N

Wouldn't running 2 Keldeo EX like everyone else did be good enough to beat Goth? Especially in a deck like Klinklang since you can actually make use of Secret Sword.
  16. Ziggmiceter

No, not really. Keldeo holds out for a few turns, but you need to either put it down, attach 3 times, then Secret Sword, or set up your 1 BW Klinklang before they set up their Gothitelle and attach 3 times, then drop your Keldeo. Since you can't play down Float Stones, it wasn't really that helpful. The only deck that ran 2 Keldeo was Darkrai and some Plasma (but in reality, double Keldeo did nothing for that matchup for Plasma in that matchup unless you teched Darkrai which would have been crazy)
  17. Cobalt314

Cobalt314 Cybernetic Superconductor

What Stadium would you recommend for Klinklang? Tropical Beach is nice, but if you have Cobalion EX out, you can attach one energy to it and it will be able to attack right away (assuming you go second)
  18. Professor_N

Tropical Beach and nothing else. If you don't play Beach you shouldn't play a Stadium.
    Ziggmiceter likes this.
  19. Ziggmiceter

The point is to prevent them from attacking your guys, not attack theirs. Once you have your Klinklang(s) up (I'm using a BW-on example because honestly, this deck is bad now), you should be in good shape. The main problem with the deck was getting your Klinks and Klinklangs out before it was Catcher-KO'd by a Kyurem, Thundurus or Darkrai.
  20. Cobalt314

Cobalt314 Cybernetic Superconductor

Thanks. I've heard that after this season is over we will be returning to a BLW-on format, but I'll hold off on that discussion until the time arrives.