Rogue Ninetales DRX, Munna BCR, Keldeo EX

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by snscompt1, Oct 16, 2013.

1. snscompt1

snscompt1 The worst Mafia player ever.

This is the competitive thread for all variants of Ninetales DEX. The strategy is to use Munna's (BCR) ability Long Distance Hypnosis to put the opponent to sleep and attack with Ninetales dealing at least 70 damage per turn depending on the opponent's deck. Bangle bumps that damage up to 100, LaserBank adds 30 and another 50 to Ninetales's attack making it a possible 1HKO for EX's. If needed, Vulpix DEX burns the opponent on turn one to add yet another status condition to power up Ninetales. Ninetales's ability Bright Look also serves as a free Pokemon Catcher and will become even better come the new rules on Nov. 8.

Pokemon-12
    4-4 Ninetales DEX
    2 Munna
    2 Keldeo EX

Supporters-15
    2 Shadow Triad
    3 Skyla
    4 Jupiper
    4 N
    2 Colress

Trainer-25
    2 Virbank City Gym
    4 Hypnotoxic Laser
    4 Float Stone
    4 Bangle
    2 Super Rod
    4 Level Ball
    2 Ultra Ball
    1 Dowsing Machine
    1 Tool Scrapper
    1 Energy Search

Energy-8
    8 Fire Energy[DOUBLEPOST=1381901622][/DOUBLEPOST]I've also seen a version where it runs a 1-1 Garbodor for when facing VirGen.
  2. MetalArmedAngel

MetalArmedAngel My lovely Luka ♥♥

IMO garb is needed or you autolose against virgen
  3. SamSoldier

SamSoldier Don't know what to put here D:

Nope, if they don't have any grass attached you just need one special condition to 1HKO (Considering that you already have bangle on your Ninetales), and if they have energy, you still are doing 100 just for 1 energy (20 + 30 (Bangle) = 5o X2 (Weakness) = 100)
    =D
  4. MetalArmedAngel

MetalArmedAngel My lovely Luka ♥♥

Yeah they TOTALLY wouldn't have a grass attached when like grass energy is near 1\6 of the deck
  5. snscompt1

But thats where Ninetales ability comes into play. Generally I find that there is at least one if not two Pokemon on the opponents bench that they havent added energy to yet. Its a slow start unless they run Plasma Badge and Colress Machine. If you go first you can KO the Genesect before it has any energy attached. All hypothetical of course. But otherwise youre doing 100 per turn.
  6. PellOfTheTundra

PellOfTheTundra Do you even LT-87

I kinda like this idea, but it does need Garbo. Good thing the new rules will help with having both, eh? :)
  7. snscompt1

With the new rules one may even considering adding a Devolution Spray or two. I don't know where I'd fit it though. The deck is tight enough as it is.
  8. SoldiersSpirit

SoldiersSpirit I will defend my Kingdom.

I agree with Metal honestly. Scrub players over bench, the virizion/genesect player should have no more than 4 pokes in play unless they run Balloon Animals.

Otherwise, an ideal and highly likely start for the Virizion player is Lone virizion in the active, attach grass and pass. I usually don't bench Genesect until I can emerald slash or unless I need to.
  9. snscompt1

Ah. I see what you mean. Well, it's still a 2HKO which isn't bad.
  10. SoldiersSpirit

SoldiersSpirit I will defend my Kingdom.

Yea but you'd need consecutive ninetales. Genesect would just sweep if you don't stream them.
  11. JAM

JAM Consistency > Techs

- 1 Shadow Triad
    - 1 Float Stone
    - 1 Silver Bangle
    - 1 Fire

+ 1-1 Garbodor DRX(VirGen and Blastoise)
    + 1 Mr. Mime PLF(Protect low HP basics)
    + 1 Musharna NXD(Extra draw when you need it most)
  12. alexdemian

alexdemian Tsuruchi Areksu

Dunno if people is working on this deck, but saw a Heatmor (PLS) being played on a varian of this and it was good. Extra catcher, extra status, basic, single energy.
  13. PP101

PP101 The Swarm for 3 seconds then accidentally left Staff Member

Minor note, but Ninetales is from DRX, not DEX. ;)

Anyway, a good Genesect/Virizion player, when facing this deck, would not have a Grass type Pokemon without a Grass attached. A 1-1 or 2-1 Garbodor is needed unless you enjoy having autolosses. :p
  14. Velits

Velits New Member

Not sure if I am allowed to ask this here but anyway. Why is Keldeo-EX in this deck?
  15. Warizon

Warizon Member

You use Munna's ability and if you get tails you can just Rush In and retreat with a Keldeo Ex + Float Stone to nulify the results of the flip.
  16. Velits

Velits New Member

Would there be any cheaper options for Keldeo? I am interested in this deck, especially because it will get better after the rule change. Though, I find ~€10 per Keldeo quite expensive.
  17. Wrags23

Wrags23 Feeling... rogue.

There aren't really any other options. There are the Keldeo tins, and you get 4 packs with your Keldeo EX for $18.
  18. Warizon

Warizon Member

Wrags23 is right, you either buy the lone Keldeo Ex or get the tin.. either way you only need 1, and if you want to play this deck it is a good investment.
  19. gooddog202

gooddog202 New Member

You really should use beach if you can get your hands on one.
  20. desufnoc

desufnoc Ditto used Transform!

You could always add victini ex for the Virgen match-up. For just the price of your ace spec you can possibly donk them. For other matches it could be slightly useless with the exception of getting your low count of energies out of the deck.