Miltank + Stage 2s

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by TheMantyke, May 10, 2014.

1. Yankeefan1985

Yankeefan1985 Member

I just can't get this deck or any stage two to run great without beaches its fun but thats about all I see it without them.
  2. Krusiv

Krusiv New Member

I don't have Beach either but I've had moderate success with a high number of Colress and Shauna.
  3. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

Playing Greninja competitively without Beach is not a good idea, but playing Empoleon without Beaches is actually possible.
    Otaku and Gelato like this.
  4. Yankeefan1985

Yankeefan1985 Member

I just don't see Empoleon being better at least in my testing with it and Miltank together even without
  5. ThePirateKingAtomsk

ThePirateKingAtomsk Red Haze Stalker

I've been doing great without beach. I play Delphox at 1-0-1 and 2 colress still. I really can't complain too much about this deck. It's been playing just the way I want it.

4 Miltank
    4-2-4 Greninja
    1-0-1 Delphox
    1 Sigilyph (Safegaurd)

2 Juniper
    4 N
    2 Colress
    3 Skyla
    1 Lysandre

3 Level Ball
    3 Ultra Ball
    4 Energy Retrieval
    1 Superior Energy Retrieval
    1 Professor Letter
    2 Surprise Megaphone
    4 Rare Candy
    1 Super Rod
    2 Muscle Band
    1 Silver Bangle (use to play 2 but needed space, love it at 2)
    2 Switch (arguably not necessary but It has helped me tons)
    Ace Spec - Dowsing Machine

8 Water
  6. Gymmy91

Gymmy91 Member

I'm currently running a similar list including Electrode instead of Delphox... I found Silver Bangle to be more useful since you're gonna struggle to kill Ex more than what you do against normal pokemons. I also thought about using only 2 Superior energy retrievals and boosting up to 12 the energies... do you think it's gonna work??
  7. ThePirateKingAtomsk

ThePirateKingAtomsk Red Haze Stalker

No I really suggest you keep things as they are. You don't want to have discard unnecessarily and you waters aren't something you need at that high a number. I would say 10 if you really feel the need for more but no more than that.
  8. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

I believe someone that I've been playing with says he runs 7 Waters, but he might have said 8. I know it's one or the other. Either way, you don't really need more than 8 or 9 Waters, especially if you run 3-4 Energy Retrievals and 1 SER.