Tier 2 Lugia-based Plasma variants (Speed Lugia, Snorlax PLF)

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by Casca37, Nov 25, 2013.

1. PokemonGeek

PokemonGeek Derp, Derp, Derpity Derp

It may be kk for yu, but I had some bad games with it.
  2. Shieldmaiden

Shieldmaiden Member

Yeah, I still don't think its got any mileage tbh.
  3. okcd

okcd New Member

Thoughts:

1. Cassius. Act as an extra switch + shuffle the unneeded/wounded pokemon back to the deck. When you want to shuffle Genesect/Latias/Snorlax back to the deck and put in an extra Deoxys for the final KO or your Thundy/Lugia/Deoxys only has 20-30 HP left this is the card to go. It may worth 1 spot in the deck.

2. Tropical Beach and 2-3 Lasers. With the speed of the deck, turn 1 laser opponent's 180 HP EX, play a draw support and play a beach, we can finish the setup in turn 2 and win the game in turn 3 or 4.
  4. pokemonguy

pokemonguy Making Bad Last-Minute Changes Since Nats 2014

Cassius is interesting. What about scoop-up cyclone, is it worth you Ace-Spec? I think it is worth testing out.
  5. okcd

okcd New Member

Cassius is better than scoop-up cyclone since he shuffle energy back to the deck, and not an Ace-Spec.

i.e. You can use cassius to shuffle a Genesect EX and all the plasma energies attached to it back to the deck then you can use colress machine to attach them to Lugia EX.
  6. CyrusTyler

CyrusTyler Skill Level: Average Plebian

I'd keep the ACE Spec as Scramble Switch and use a single copy of Cassius in my deck.
  7. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

I would play Computer Search and no Cassius because Cassius is bad and I don't like Scramble Switch.
  8. Ok guys, here is my list from last time I entered a local league. It got me 3rd place. So the question is how do I improve it, and how do I adapt it to the new format?

3 Lugia EX
    4 Deoxys EX
    2 Thundurus EX
    1 Palkia EX
    1 Heatran EX
    1 Snorlax PLS

2 Frozen City

4 Professor Sycamore
    3 N
    2 Colress
    2 Lysandre

3 Roller Skates
    3 Team Plasma Ball
    3 Random Receiver
    3 Colress Machine
    3 Muscle Band
    2 Switch
    2 Ultra Ball
    2 Startling Megaphone
    1 Dowsing Machine

4 Plasma Energy
    4 Double Colorless Energy
    3 Prism Energy
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  9. dewiktor

dewiktor New Member

i also want to know how to adapt Space Virus idea to new Format.
  10. Tsunami

Tsunami Seems legit.

I don't like that 2 Lysandre with 3 RR in the same deck.
    This deck also has trouble (flat out loses) to pyroar. To fix that, play 1 Latias EX (bright down). This makes it so that your opponent is stuck with something they Can't KO in your active. Because Latias' attack can hit pyroar, the pyroar player has to bench something else, that you can then bring up and Kill with lugia. If you play latias right, you have a chance (albeit a small one) against a pyroar
  11. Nice idea Tsunami. The only two decks that beat me were DarkGarb and Pyroar. My original thought for a Pyroar tech was Glaceon PLF but Latias seems much better. Do you think Heatran EX is necessary?
    Also, what would you recommend instead of Lysandre? Escape Rope? Catcher?
  12. Tsunami

Tsunami Seems legit.

I'm not sure how to beat DarkGarb. As far as a different gust effect, i'd either use 2 Catcher or sub RR for something else.
    Heatran isn't needed, unless you play a LOT of VG/Chu in your area.
    Maybe:
    -3 RR
    -1 Heatran EX
    -1 palkia (Gimmicky, Rain Dance decks aren't very common anymore)
    -1 snorlax (Too many energy needed, Yvelal laughs at it)
    +1 or 2 Kyurem PLF (Obligatory Non-EX, so you don't scoop to sigiliph. Latias Doe this as well, but Kyurem gives Frost Spear support, and can force a 7-Prize game)
    +3 Shauna (Shuffle Draw is nice)
    +1 or 2 Bicycle (You play down your hand really quickly, works well with skates to go from 0 to 170 quickly)

OR:

-2 lysandre
    -1 Heatran EX
    -1 palkia (Gimmicky, Rain Dance decks aren't very common anymore)
    -1 snorlax (Too many energy needed, Yvelal laughs at it)
    +1 or 2 Kyurem PLF (Obligatory Non-EX, so you don't scoop to sigiliph. Latias Doe this as well, but Kyurem gives Frost Spear support, and can force a 7-Prize game)
    +3-4 catcher, escape rope, switch, in whatever counts you like.
  13. What do I use instead of Prism since it is rotated out this September? Rainbow? Basic Energy?
  14. Tsunami

Tsunami Seems legit.

Rainbow. The 10 damage won't matter much, IMO. It gives you the versatility to attack with Deoxys, Kyurem, Latias, or thundy.
  15. Thanks for all the help. Just played a friendly game against Yveltal/Garbodor - the difference was amazing. :)
  16. Tsunami

Tsunami Seems legit.

No problem! I'm glad I could help. Did you notice anything while playing that you want to change?
  17. Hmm. Not really. But later I played against Landorus/Mewtwo/Raichu/Garbodor and lost badly. I couldn't get the 180 damage set up quick enough and both Lugia and Thundurus were OHKO'd pretty quickly by Landorus and Raichu. Couldn't really come back and soon he destroyed a second Lugia and won. What would you do in this matchup?
  18. Tsunami

Tsunami Seems legit.

I'd go for frost spear a lot, and use frozen city to its fullest. That's just a tough matchup IMO, especially for a Lugia-Based variant.
  19. okcd

okcd New Member

Use deoxys & Frozen City.

Deoxys with a Muscle Band can OHKO their Garbodor, or without muscle band OHKO their Mewtwo/Raichu if they have DCE attached.

Another option is to start with Thundurus with a Muscle Band, put 2 deoxys on bench, catch & OHKO their Trubbish/Pikachu while powering up your Lugia. If their Landorus can take 20 damage from Frozen City then things will be much easiler, otherwise needs to catcher their mewtwo, get off the tools from Garbodor and OHKO their mewtwo with Lugia and get 3 prizes.
  20. Asclepius24

Asclepius24 Member

I'm super tempted to try 2-2 Beartic FUF in this. No longer an auto-loss to Pyroar, hits Landorus EX which has given me fits even before all of this new Fighting support... someone tell me I'm crazy? It would look something like this:

Pokemon (13):
    4 Deoxys EX
    3 Thundurus EX
    2 Lugia EX
    2-2 Beartic FUF

Trainers (33):
    4 Sycamore
    4 N
    2 Colress
    2 Skyla
    2 Lysandre

4 Muscle Band