Tier 2 Lugia-based Plasma variants (Speed Lugia, Snorlax PLF)

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by Casca37, Nov 25, 2013.

1. PokemonGeek

PokemonGeek Derp, Derp, Derpity Derp

I know, Snorlax is a sweeper. Save the lecture.
  2. Gelato

Gelato The Swarm

Whoa calm down. I was just pointing out how you misinterpreted the other post
  3. PokemonGeek

Yea, I get that. I just didn't want to be educated on what a card can do.
  4. CyrusTyler

CyrusTyler Skill Level: Average Plebian

Actually, I retract my statement. Snorlax can hit for 280.

Teampact*6=180+30(Bangle)+30(LaserBank)+40(Deoxys-EX)=280

Oh the joys of sweet, sweet overkill.
    Floral and Gelato like this.
  5. Kirbyswag

Kirbyswag Pie

If you think snorlax sucks, you either have weird consistency, don't play scramble switch, or don't know how to play him. He has really big potential, and if you can raiden knuckle a DCE on him, he has the potential to swing for huge damage the next turn. If you have a catcher (and flip heads), you can pretty much knock out whatever you want.

The point is, snorlax far from sucks, and actually has helped me win multiple games.
  6. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

But my Black Kyurem EX has Crystal Wall attached to it!!!!
    Floral and Wrags23 like this.
  7. CyrusTyler

I WAS JUST THINKING ABOUT THAT, YOU SON OF A GUN.

Hey Kirby. I meant to say taking so long to power up Snorlax sucks. If I ever thought Snorlax was a bad card I probably would want to pick up an easier card game. Like Yugioh.
  8. pokemonguy

pokemonguy Making Bad Last-Minute Changes Since Nats 2014

+ Burn flip tails.
  9. Kirbyswag

Kirbyswag Pie

Like I said cyrus, Scramble Switch or raiden knuckle. If someone catchers it up, good for you, they just got forced to take 7 prizes. If not then, you can swing big next turn.
  10. okcd

okcd New Member

It seems Kangaskhan-EX -> M-Kangaskhan-EX a viable option to deal with Pyroar. For [C][C][C] M-Kangaskhan-EX can hit for 100+ damage.
    DGS87 likes this.
  11. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

That's an interesting idea. It could be pretty good.
  12. CyrusTyler

Frozen City's a pain to work around with but I guess that if you're using DCE and a single Energy it should survive Pyroar even if you flip tails on your first go.
  13. Sti

Sti New Member

Why not just run a 2-2 riachu as a pyroar counter. We already play 4 dce's and fill the bench up fairly easy. It's also nice for the darkrai match ups and the rare mirror match.
  14. pokemonguy

pokemonguy Making Bad Last-Minute Changes Since Nats 2014

Or play mini ray or Latias EX.
  15. okcd

okcd New Member

2-2 raichu will take 4 spots in the deck and will slow down the whole deck. Ideally we will have turn 2 Plasma Gale, hit for 170 or 180 since turn 2, win the game in turn 3 or turn 4.
  16. Sti

Sti New Member

Heard that. I wouldn't play a counter to be honest. I was just saying I believe riachu would be the better play than the latias if u wanted a pyroar counter. Latias is just a bit to slow for my taste, And a good pyroar list probably has the druddigon to answer any Ko you actually do get with latias.
  17. PokemonGeek

Raichu gives a counter to Yveltal EX but shouldn't be run more than 1-1 in Plasma, especially Lugia.
  18. Shieldmaiden

Shieldmaiden Member

Now bear with me, because this is gonna be a bit out there, but...

I've been testing Swellow XY in a Speedy 4 Deoxys/3 Lugia/2 Thundurus build.

It's actually.... pretty decent. I run a 2-2, which I kinda dislike cos consistency, but on to the important stuff. It's won me mirror matches, it allows you to mess up the opponents strategies, it allows you to, in conjunction with Lysandre and a Catcher, choose your targets for Plasma Gale. It also lets you play around Pyroar, provided they at least bench other things.

I'm undecided on whether its a hugely viable thing, but I think depending on the meta it's worth a shot.

Someone else go try it and report back :)
  19. PokemonGeek

Tried 2-2 took up too much space. 1-1 didn't work either - I could never get it out.
  20. Shieldmaiden

Shieldmaiden Member

I just played it at league with 3 Deoxys/3 Lugia/2 Thundurus/2 Plasma Kyurem/1-1 Swellow.

I came 2nd and had a pretty good run, only lost my last game to the eventual winner who played Dark/Garb/Yveltal, I whiffed my tool scrappers/megaphones.