Rogue Lions & Bulls (Entei-EX, Terrakion NVI, Mewtwo-EX)

Discussion in 'HS-on Archives' started by Superman, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Superman

Superman Man of STEEL!

Seeing the success of a deck like this in Canada's nationals, combined with my love for Entei and Terrakion, greatly inspired me to give this a try. -List is for BW-on format-

Pokemon: 7
    3 Entei EX
    2 Terrakion
    2 Mewtwo EX

T/S/S: 37
    4 N
    4 Juniper
    4 Cheren

2 Random Reciever
    3 Switch
    3 EXP Share
    4 Catcher
    3 Crushing Hammer
    2 Enhanced Hammer
    3 Heavy Ball
    2 Ultra Ball
    3 Max Potion

Energy: 16
    9 Fire
    4 Fighting
    3 DCE

Strategy is load up Entei, Grand Flame as fast as possible. Terrakion for the revenge kill and for the Zeels/Darkrai match up, and Mewtwo for other Mewtwos.

Note: This is a very rough list, and just an idea. I look forward to hearing everyones thoughts and ideas about ways to improve it!
  2. Zarco

Zarco Alternate format enthusiast

Essentially a techy Quad Entei... I've played against it, it's very solid. You could cut an Entei since you have other attackers, but otherwise the list is flexible enough that you can play it however you like.
  3. Ziggmiceter

Ziggmiceter Ultimate 6P tournament procrastinator

I'm assuming this is for BW-On, so I would consider Terrakion-EX to add more energy power and this deck could be very solid.
  4. beboppokedad

beboppokedad Well-Known Member

too hard to coordinate
  5. Ziggmiceter

What?
  6. beboppokedad

beboppokedad Well-Known Member

too many energy types and EXs waiting to be shreaded, imo. don't understand max p here as well. no offense, but it's just maple leafers
  7. Zarco

Zarco Alternate format enthusiast

I wouldn't play Terra EX- Terrakion's 90 is cheaper to revenge with, and you can freely give up a Terrakion prize to make your opponent have to take 7 prizes, which is my favorite play in an EX format. The reason this deck works is that once you grand flame a couple times you have enough energy on board to keep attackers going, and the energy lines reflect your ability to do so. Could be clunky but in my experience against it they got their energies on board just fine. The deck works, as shown by it winning Canadian Nats.
    Ziggmiceter likes this.
  8. Ziggmiceter

rascist?
    beboppokedad and Superman like this.
  9. Superman

Superman Man of STEEL!

As awesome as Terra EX is I don't know if he'll fit in here because this list is tight as it is. And Max Potion is here because I hate how SSU is flippy. But thats what i've been thinking about putting in instead.
  10. Ein

Ein The Mega Man Master

Did you consider Eviolite instead of EXP share?
  11. Superman

Superman Man of STEEL!

The list is so tight I'm trying to work everything out still. However Eviolite is something I desperately want in the list.
  12. LanturnPrime

LanturnPrime HAS RETURNED!!!!!!!!

Eviolite over Exp.share? You need exp.share's accel, right?
  13. Superman

Superman Man of STEEL!

With the smaller Entei count I may be able to work around it.
  14. LanturnPrime

LanturnPrime HAS RETURNED!!!!!!!!

????? You can only have one tool on each Pokemon. A smaller enter count would mean you definitely need max Exp.share.
  15. Ein

Ein The Mega Man Master

I feel this deck wants pokemon to be kept alive (for as long as possible), thus exp share for a death of an EX means 1 energy for 2 prizes. Eviolite helps keep your EX alive. It can easily buy you a turn or 2.