Rogue Kyurem NVI, Kyurem EX, Tornadus EPO

Discussion in 'HS-on Archives' started by Sceptile King, May 31, 2012.

1. Sceptile King

Sceptile King caring

This deck i've had for awhile and I've actually tested this deck out and brought it to tournaments and
    done decent with it. With this deck I came 6th at my battle roads missing top cut by 2.

The List:
    Pokemon: 8
    3 Kyurem NVI
    2 Kyurem EX BW37
    2 Tornadus EPO
    1 Shaymin UL

Energy 13
    9 Water
    4 DCE

T/S/S: 39
    3 Junk Arm TM
    3 Plus Power BLW
    3 Eviolite NVI
    3 Switch BLW
    3 Pokemon Catcher EPO
    2 Enhanced Hammer DEX
    2 Exp. Share NEX
    2 Super Rod NVI
    1 Crushing Hammer EPO
    1 Revive BLW
    1 Energy Retrieval BLW
    1 Skyarrow Bridge NEX
    4 PONT HGSS
    3 Professor Juniper BLW
    3 N NVI
    2 Pokemon Collector HGSS
    2 Seeker TM

The just of this deck is to get Kyurem out and start hitting from T1. Using Glaciate turn after turn builds up a lot of damage and easy KO's. I have been successful in taking multiple prizes due to my opponents fulling there bench. Only main weakness to this deck is Metal decks, Lock decks, and Mewtwo EX, otherwise this deck is decent.
    Since I have few Pokemon in this deck having some space for things i added disrupting cards like the Hammers and Catcher.
    For me there isn't much of a problem setting up. Tornadus, can be upgraded for it's EX version and helps take care of those pesky Fighting type decks.
    I don't think I'm missing anything else, thanking you for taking your time to read this and if you have anything to say, please leave it in the comments/replies
    beboppokedad likes this.
  2. galladeava

galladeava Disapproving Clown Staff Member

Approved as its done OK at a BRs and the concept seems good enough.

Not sure how I feel about Seeker though: the option for your opponent to heal their side of the field after a few glaciates is not really something I'd want to happen. The trainer counts could be tidied up a little.

3 Kyurem
    2 Kyurem EX
    1 Tornadus
    1 Tornadus EX
    1 Shaymin
    1 Smeargle

9 Water
    4 DCE

2 Collector
    4 PONT
    3 Juniper
    3 N
    2 Random Receiver

4 Junk Arm
    3 Catcher
    3 Switch
    2 Eviolite
    2 EXP Share
    1 Super Rod
    2 SAB
    2 PP
    3 Crushing Hammer
    2 Enhanched Hammer

I prefer the look of that myself.
  3. Sceptile King

Sceptile King caring

Hmm., I take it that the 3 Crushing Hammers and 2 Skyarrow Bridges will be for consistency? Why lower the count of Super Rod? To me without that extra 1 in there it will be slightly harder to get pokemon back.
    I keep the seeker in there really only for Shaymin. I would try SSU but I find that a little unreliable.
    Sorry if it sounds like I'm harsh, i was just asking a few questions thats all.
  4. galladeava

galladeava Disapproving Clown Staff Member

Yeah consistency, and the space can filled by taking out the revives. You could lose the hammers completely for some Dual Balls and your second Rod, but thats up to you. I always find 1 Rod is enough. Even without it if your opp kills your Shaymin, Tornadus, Kyurem EX and 2 Kyurem theyve won the game. And even before you've needed the Rod.

Seekers your call, if you want it go for it.

Looking at it, I think I would prefer balls to hammers because your only Pokemon search is 2 Collector and if one is prized and you use one T1, you have no more search options.
  5. Sceptile King

Sceptile King caring

okay. I'll give it a few tweaks and see how it does. I wish water had a some more support to it though.
  6. beboppokedad

beboppokedad Well-Known Member

thanks for a kyurem list, as i feel he has been written off a little prematurely, especially since eviolite counts seem really low to non-existent currently. he's was supposedly going to get beat-down by zoroark-dex swarm, but no one is running that much. i do feel concerned about only 1 shaymin though as well as no energy acceleration (not counting tornadus as semi-acceleration)

kyurem and kyurem-ex seem to have synergy of course because of using water energy, and also if you can glaciate then hail blizzard can come into OHKO range. plus power is nice with Ky-EX for terrakions. however, it would also be nice to have more variety than straight water attackers to hit for other weakness.
  7. Sceptile King

Sceptile King caring

So other than Kyurem(both) as main attackers what would you suggest?
  8. Sceptile King

Sceptile King caring

Would Tornadus EX work as another attacker?
  9. beboppokedad

yeah, i'm not too sure, it's always nice to say have a diversity of attackers, but not always easy. sure, tornadus-ex sounds good if you have one. i kind of like keeping hammers to make energy denial a theme of your deck, but I'm not sure what your other needs are exactly, etc. i would recommend against seeker too. i'm working on a kyurem deck too, so i'm still getting my thoughts together (they went somewhere i guess :D) I don't think you need energy retrieval. a cleffa or a smeargle could help for stall/recovery
  10. Sceptile King

Sceptile King caring

Hmm, ok. I'm not to sure if getting rid of seeker would be good or not but I'll give it a try
  11. Biggie

Biggie Biggie Plays Pokemon Too!

Kyurem EX is really fun to play with. I played him at a Battle Roads and I ended up going 4-1. My list does not include Kyurem NVI tho. It was basically just Kyurem EX, Terrikon Mewtwo EX (naturally) and Shaymin EX. And then I ran high counts of hammers, scoop ups and so on, basically anything that can cause disruption. If I were you I would take out collector for dual balls. This deck has a great start but after awhile it starts to lose momentum. Plus you don't need a big bench for this deck. My lines were roughly this

3 Kyurem EX
    2 Mewtwo EX
    1 Terrikon
    1 Shaymin EX
    1 Shaymin UL
    2 Smeargle

4 Juniper
    4 PONT
    3 N
    2 RR

4 Dual Balls
    4 Crushing Hammer
    2 Lost Removers
    4 Junk Arm
    2 Switch
    3 SSU
    3 Catcher
    2 EXP Share
    1 Revive

4 Water
    4 Prism
    4 Double Colorless
  12. Sceptile King

Sceptile King caring

My problem is: I don't have any Mewtwos to include in this deck nor do I have dual balls. I traded the dual balls at battle roads thinking i wouldn't need it.
  13. Ein

Ein The Mega Man Master

Since you don't have any Mewtwos...It's real techy, but if you are able to get some decent Glaciates off on a Mewtwo, Sigilyph can OHKO it at 40 damage, even with an eviolite. Problem is that people don't tend to let their mewtwo sit on the bench unless they get an unlucky start with him (or are forced to avoid donkage).
  14. Sceptile King

Sceptile King caring

I don't think that will work. It's a good idea but seems a little risky
  15. Sceptile King

Sceptile King caring

Here is what the new list looks like:
    4 Kyurem EX BW37
    3 Tornadus EPO

Energy 13
    9 Water
    4 DCE

T/S/S: 39
    3 Heavy Ball
    3 PlusPower BLW
    3 Eviolite NVI
    3 Switch BLW
    3 Pokemon Catcher EPO
    2 Enhanced Hammer DEX
    3 Crushing Hammer EPO
    2 Exp. Share NEX
    2 Random Receiver DEX
    2 Super Scoop Up BLW
    2 Super Rod NVI

2 Skyarrow Bridge NEX

4 Professor Juniper BLW
    4 N NVI
    2 Cheren EPO

As you can see I made the list BLW- On
  16. Sceptile King

Sceptile King caring

What else can I do to improve this list? Any ideas?
  17. Ziggmiceter

Ziggmiceter Ultimate 6P tournament procrastinator

What's the main idea for the deck? Tanking and moving energy around with Tornadus sounds good, but I like Kyurem NVI in this list.
  18. Sceptile King

Sceptile King caring

Its idea is to attack with mainly Kyurem EX along with providing energy denial. Tornadus is a secondary attacker if needed. Kyurem NVI , to me better fits in a spread deck, which this is not. I have also altered the list since my last post. The New list includes Sableye, 2 Prims Energy, Maxed out Hammers, and 2 Tornadus
  19. beboppokedad

post your updated list. i'm of the opinion too that at least one kyurem nvi would be an asset. spreads can bring KOs within reach and outrage is always an option. i'm a still a kyurem fan.
  20. Sceptile King

Sceptile King caring

1 Sableye DEX
    2 Tornadus EPO
    4 Kyurem EX

2 Prism Energy
    7 Water
    4 DCE

1 Level Ball (might take this out)
    2 EXP. Share
    2 Super Scoop Up
    2 Skyarrow Bridge