Tier 2 KlinkCorners - Klinklang BLW, Darkrai-EX, EX Techs

Discussion in 'HS-on Archives' started by thematteo0, May 23, 2012.

1. ...

That post was quite a while ago.
  2. thematteo0

thematteo0 The quintessentially British gentleman.

the format was still the same back then though ?
  3. Entei

Entei EX yo'

If Garchomp becomes really popular (which I think it will), this deck is going to suffer when Garchomp discards all it's special energies. However, have anyone thought of teching in Espeon DEX?
  4. thematteo0

Entei check my post on the previous page for how I plan to counter Garchomp, although Espeon could work it is more of a Catcher-KO target. and @ Eli.. i didn't intend to be mean I was just telling the person that not everyone thinks that Coballion works well in this deck, other people like coolestman could not get gd results with Coballion either.
  5. Googleplex

Googleplex Rule #3: Wear your heart on your cheek

I've been trying to make this deck work BLW-on... I haven't seemed to cracked it.. yet ;)

And a mad idea just occured to me... If you're using Basic Metal energy, maybe add 1 Ho-Oh EX for an possible 2-3 energies instantly on the field late game, potentially letting your Mewtwo OHKO an opposing Mewtwo or just to get you that extra energy you need? Completely untested and probably rubbish, but could work I guess...

EDIT: Just checked and Ho-Oh is 3 DIFFERENT types of basic energy, so ignore above comment.
  6. thematteo0

I have made A list for a BW-On deck on the 1st page this is more New Klinklang "KlinklangSteel"
  7. Googleplex

Anyone else tried Recycle in this deck? I know it's a bit flippy but aside from Klinklang EPO it's really your only way of getting Blend WLFM/ Prism out the discard. 3 has worked quite well for me, but missing the Eviolites they replaced...
  8. thematteo0

Its a nice idea but as the list I run focuses on Steel in the main I would rather have the Eviolites in here.
  9. Monferno

Monferno Rule #1: is that you gotta have fun

That's not a good idea. If Klinklang lists weren't so tight to begin with, it *could* work, but it's just a giant waste of space. Eviolites are pretty needed.
  10. Gelatin

Gelatin So soft and jiggly.

I notice the OP was updated for the BW-on format but there is one teensy little thing missing from that list.

Rare Candy.
  11. thematteo0

lol I always forget something. I wrote out a CMT list for someone. And then someone said "that's an excellent list but I think its missing Skyarrow Bridge :D"
  12. lucarioAdventure1

lucarioAdventure1 i swear on me mum

Could be worse, you could not put down Eelektrik in an Eel deck lol
    thematteo0 likes this.
  13. thematteo0

Yeah that's a good point I edited the list though.
  14. Googleplex

thematteo0 have you considered some Prism and a Darkrai EX? With only 1 Prism on the field you can have easy free retreat. You then just need to add some Communication/ Ultra Ball to search it out and hey presto :)

Also sounds weird as hell but Registeel EX gives this deck a hard time (for me anyway) so I tried adding a single Entei EX (Reshi EX has bad attacks, Ho-oh just doesn't work here) and it works wonders, 1HKOing Registeel when they least expect it.
  15. thematteo0

Yeah if u are running the old variation that's how it works. I wanted to run the new steel variation more because the old variation auto-loses the AltChomp match-up as it runs far too many SP's whereas the steel variation has a good match-up V AltChomp.
  16. Matt91_

Matt91_ fire trainers lel Staff Member

Can't you use Benchtini against Registeel? Or it's too troublesome to fill up your bench?
  17. Googleplex

Hmm.. didn't consider Benchtini, could work. 60HP is a bit low and gets one shotted so easily loosing you a much needed Prism though. FluffyChomp does destroy this deck, but if you stick to Registeel/ Cobalion spamming (Cobalion works nice because often they only want to have one Garchomp out at a time, maybe two). Once the hype for FluffyChomp settles and people use it less, then you don't need to be as prepared but if it is still used a lot then you could try and find room for a 1-1 Espeon line.
  18. thematteo0

It has 70 HP btw @google.
  19. Googleplex

70HP is a bit better actually, but not so that I'd run it.