Tier 2 KlinkCorners - Klinklang BLW, Darkrai-EX, EX Techs

Discussion in 'HS-on Archives' started by thematteo0, May 23, 2012.

1. Rowan

Rowan Rum Pirate

didn't this deck win U.S. nationals? Does anyone know his deckilst ?
  2. Charranitar

Charranitar Well-Known Member

3. beboppokedad

beboppokedad Well-Known Member

I'm on board with this. Shaymin-Ex gets the boot. Water-Fighting-Lighting types can mix n' match
  4. thematteo0

thematteo0 The quintessentially British gentleman.

WFLM allows us MOST of the usual attackers.. Kyogre EX, Kyurem EX, Groudon EX, Terrakion, Coballion, Registeel EX, all it misses is Darkrai EX to Switch and perhaps the late match power of Shaymin EX. This deck will be better when the next set comes out [Black-White EX sets] I think as it can attack with Keldeo EX and use Keldeo's Switching power too to switch out the active Pokemon into Keldeo. Also Boufallant could work in here combined with Eviolite as a hard EX Counter if needed ?
    beboppokedad likes this.
  5. Charranitar

Charranitar Well-Known Member

This deck's fate rests largely on how popular Garchomp decks get. If Garchomp decks are popular, this deck is unplayable as Garchomp's first attack discards a special energy.
  6. thematteo0

Yeah that is a good point. Although there is some variation in this as Klinklang-Registeel EX variants has a decent match-up with Garchomp [Garchomp can never 1 hit Registeel or Klinklang [in particular with Eviolite on Regi and Cloak on Klink.] , which means Registeel can tank with Max Potion and take out all the opponents Altaria's.Before setting up a Eviolite-Attack 2 combition Garchomp reducing its attack power by 40 and 2 hitting Garchomp while Garchomp has problems even 3-4 hitting Registeel.]
  7. Hydr8

Hydr8 Diggersby tho

How is this deck still tier 2 when it won US nats?
  8. coolestman22

coolestman22 Now Has Techron

^Because the mods haven't decided to change it.

Who is supposed to instigate the random psychobabble in this forum?
  9. lufan131

lufan131 Ed-ward? Big-bro-ther?

Possibly because it did not win it twice? It should be raised.
    coolestman22 likes this.
  10. galladeava

galladeava Disapproving Clown Staff Member

Just because it won US Nats doesn't mean it should be Tier 1. That is dependent upon other factors as well, usually other tournament results. Plus, it really falls hard to LR or EH.
  11. thematteo0

Within the new bw on meta coming it will be a tier 2 so the mods decided not to alter it.
  12. coolestman22

Especially since they said no BW-on here till Worlds.
  13. pkolaboy

pkolaboy New Member

Hey thematteo0, just wondering if you are going to upgrade the list to BW-on or just keep as is?
  14. coolestman22

Two reasons why not:

1: Worlds
    2: Klinklang is bad in BW-on.
  15. Monferno

Monferno Rule #1: is that you gotta have fun

No. Klinklang that run Mewtwo lose Mewtwo wars, especially against decks like Zeels with some builds running three Mewtwo. I've been testing Klinklang for months with my cousin and a couple friends because he intends to play it (and has been.) his initial build ran one Mewtwo, and whenever he'd catcher-psydrive my Mewtwo, it was incredibly easy to next turn OHKO his, and now you've just lost three energy. Cobalion is a much better Mewtwo counter.
  16. thematteo0

I have run both.. Coballion as a counter for the main match and Mewtwo as a end-match winner in the Mewtwo wars.

and @pkola- Yes I will write a list for BW-On. This deck still works BW-On.. its better now with Registeel EX in it. I mean its not as good as HDD... but no decks are as good as HDD at the moment.
  17. isaiah1989

isaiah1989 Active Member

when is WORLDS?
  18. lucarioAdventure1

lucarioAdventure1 i swear on me mum

August 10-12
  19. thematteo0

</p Someone disagrees about Coballion being useful in this deck.
  20. coolestman22

I tested Cobalion in my original list and didn't like it, but that might just be me.