Tier 2 KlinkCorners - Klinklang BLW, Darkrai-EX, EX Techs

Discussion in 'HS-on Archives' started by thematteo0, May 23, 2012.

1. beboppokedad

beboppokedad Well-Known Member

that would be really interesting if he was the only klinklang in top cut... one would have to give him rogue credits up there with "the truth" then, imh (or uninformed) o

i'm surprised about 2 groudon-ex... i don't really understand that over just terrakion
  2. LoBFCanti

LoBFCanti Active Member

I feel it's very simple, he doesn't intend on giving you any prizes- If you night spear, you confirm a possible double KO with Darkrai next turn and ambiguous Giant Claw kill. Groudon also no scare. He just eats damage from anything just to get Max potion reset later, you sulk in your seat as soon as you see a eviolite hit a clean Groudon. He also softens the bench up, you can tromp stall and then bring in Kyogre to pick up the prizes from bench.
    Did I mention he has 180hp and water weakness/Lightning resistance? Yeah he has that too.

Terrakion doesn't have enough synergy with the other guys. You have to give a prize for him to perform. Groudon, if active, is going take multiple prizes.
    beboppokedad and HawK_PR like this.
  3. beboppokedad

yeah, after watching some of the top 8 video i get it now, groudon-ex is a tank and can take the hits and heal which terrakion can't. it looks like darkrai-groudon is the core of the deck and everything else techs. once it sets up with max potion access it's somewhat like 'the truth' in how it consumes damage.
  4. airhawk06

airhawk06 Active Member

I don't know what he finally settled down upon, but in the weeks leading up to Nats his non-Klinklang pokemon looked something like this:

3 Darkrai EX (he played 3 so that he could draw into them more easily)
    2 Groudon EX (good against Dark and Lightning)
    1 Shaymin EX (late game sweeper)
    1-2 Kyogre EX (absolute beast card. in the video he relies on Groudon EX, but Kyogre EX was his MVP for most of the tournament)
    1 Cobalion (his Mewtwo EX counter)

I know for sure he did not play Terrakion. I'm like 95% sure he did not play Kyurem EX. I know that he was testing an Entei EX in the build. I'm not sure if he kept it though.
    beboppokedad likes this.
  5. coolestman22

coolestman22 Now Has Techron

I like Mewtwo as the Mewtwo counter, so if your opponent even drops a Mewtwo, you can Catcher it and use Psydrive.
  6. coolestman22

coolestman22 Now Has Techron

Groudon is an EX and has synergy with Darkrai, and Terrakion gets OHKOed by Zekrom + PlusPower.
  7. Charranitar

Charranitar Well-Known Member

He had Terrakion in his build towards the beginning of Battle Roads. I think he ditched the card after the second week of battle roads. I beat him with DMT in the last round of the tournament by using Terrakion to ohko his Darkrai, and then Shaymin'ing all my energy to my Mewtwo EX to ohko first his Terrakion, then his Shaymin EX (which he started the game with), and then ohko his Darkrai after using an energy switches to get even more energy on Mewtwo.

Then in top 4, Colin Moll beat him using Zoroark/Weaville/Darkrai. Zoroark + Dark Claw is able to ohko Terrakion, but it isn't able to ohko a Groudon EX.

I think after seeing both Mewtwo and Zoroark take out that Terrakion, he probably figured out it was too fragile to keep in a deck made for tanking.
    beboppokedad likes this.
  8. thematteo0

thematteo0 The quintessentially British gentleman.

Nice to see KlinkCorners [Klinklang EX] do well and also nice to see Coballion have a place in that deck too, I think I made the correct move not to drop Coballion. I have edited the list I have a little now.
  9. beboppokedad

One thing I didn't realize about Kyogre-EX is that if you're battling anything weak to water (Groudon-EX, Excadril DEX, etc) you can hit them active for 100 (50 x 2) and the bench for 50.
  10. LoBFCanti

LoBFCanti Active Member

He can Smash turn too, It puts you in Giant glaw range and switches him out for safety.
  11. beboppokedad

I question whether this deck can survive rotation without Junk Arm. This deck relies heavily on getting max potion to protect its heavy use of EX attackers. Thoughts?
  12. Charranitar

Charranitar Well-Known Member

This deck is dead after rotation. Not because of Junk Arm, but because Rainbow Energy is rotating out.
  13. lucarioAdventure1

lucarioAdventure1 i swear on me mum

Not to mention 4 Max Potion is very hard to use properly as well tbh
  14. LoBFCanti

LoBFCanti Active Member

I'm sure we'll see someone try to do a WFLM+Prism variant .
  15. QuarterTurn

QuarterTurn Front Page Contributor

Note that the soon-to-be-popular Garchomp's first attack does 60 and discards a Special Energy attached to the defending Pokémon.
    Good luck, Klinklang.
    coolestman22 likes this.
  16. thematteo0

I think there is one path that the deck could do which would be a Klinklang-Registeel EX-Coballion Tank deck with all Basic Steels, and perhaps 3 Blends and a Water attacker to Counter Fire [Not that Fire will be around much at all]
    beboppokedad likes this.
  17. QuarterTurn

QuarterTurn Front Page Contributor

I like this idea. You will have to watch out for Rayquaza EX that can OHKO you regardless by discarding 4 energy, and you'll have to run Switch now because the Steel Blend doesn't include Dark and Klinklang doesn't retreat with Prism. It seems like a less mobile version of Darkrai/Hydreigon without the Fighting and Dragon weaknesses, but also without Dark Patch, Dark Cloak, Sableye, or the ability to 2HKO a non-Eviolited EX. Still, I think it could work. It's worth testing, for sure.
  18. thematteo0

Yeah I will be running switches... I don't expect it to do as well as Darkrai-Hdrei but I think it could work. Best bet V a Reels deck would be to use Kyogre EX to take out the opponents Eels.
  19. indercarnive

indercarnive Well-Known Member

after rotation it becomes hydreidon with darkrai ex. or mayeb klinklang/registeel/cobalion.
  20. beboppokedad

i think it could be reinvented with decent success, but jrII road the klangin' wagon at just the right moment it would seem