Tier 2 KlinkCorners - Klinklang BLW, Darkrai-EX, EX Techs

Discussion in 'HS-on Archives' started by thematteo0, May 23, 2012.

1. thematteo0

thematteo0 The quintessentially British gentleman.

Pokemon:15
    3-1-3 Klinklang A​
    3 Coballion NVI​
    3 Registeel EX​
    1 Groudon EX​
    1 Kyogre EX​
    Supporters:10
    3 Cheren​
    3 Juniper​
    4 N​

Trainers:23

3 Eviolite​
    4 Heavy Ball​
    4 Max Potion​
    3 Pokemon Catcher​
    3 Rare Candies​
    4 Switch​
    2 Tool Scrapper​

Energies:12
    8 Steel​
    4 Blend​
  2. Retro

Retro Member

needs moar Kyurem EX.
    -1 Coba
    +1 Kyurem

Another suggestion is to run Meganium Prime instead of Klinklang. It makes the deck have a better Terrakion match up.
    -1 Max Potion
    +1 Groudon EX
  3. Heavy Ball isn't in here. It's such a good card in a deck like this.

That's also why Kilnklang outclasses Meganium, among other reasons.
  4. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care Staff Member

One reason why Meganium is better

[​IMG]

Klinklang will never look this awesome.
    eggrolls likes this.
  5. thematteo0

Yeah I have tested the Meganium Prime variant too , but both are about the same to me, as for Trainers I can see Heavy Ball working, I would rather not take out Coballion as I belive it is an excellent attacker, but I could perhaps put in a Kyurem EX in place of a Max Potion but I think there are better uses of that space, as for the reasons Groudon EX is not in here... Terrakion 100 percent outclasses it in this deck, both hit for about the same on average [with Revenge Terrakion can hit with even lower attachements] and of course Groudon EX is an EX, and there are too many EX's in the deck to put more in.

So I think I will throw in 2 Heavy Ball 1 Kyurem EX and Remove 1 Max Potion, 1 Pokemon Collector, and 1 Klinklang
  6. baby_mario

If you don't have Kyurem, Quad Entei autowins this.
  7. thematteo0

Hmmm I don't know about Auto-Win as I am 1-0 with this deck V Entei EX , but I do see your point so I will put in a Kyurem EX, I have updated the original list, thanks for the input people.
  8. beboppokedad

beboppokedad Well-Known Member

what, there's a meganium prime discussion sighting? i was going to mention that but thought i'd get laughed out of the room :eek: it is curious klinky and megy are both weak to fire. well i guess the point is you don't want to attack with either of them anyways, but retreat them with darkrai-ex

yep, one of my genius ideas last year was to pair meganium prime with hydreigon and max potion. until i figured out when stupid hydreigon abilities the grass to dark, i can't leaf trans them back. doh!! :mad::confused:
  9. bradon

bradon Member

I wish there was room for pluspower in here.
  10. beboppokedad

11. thematteo0

Yeah that was my exact list for Meganium lol, but I think Klinklang variant is a little better due to Heavy Ball abuse.
  12. beboppokedad

Yeah, plus I ditched Cobalion for Virizion... Virizion doesn't make sense here.
  13. Neither of them are good.
  14. thematteo0

I think that is more a personal opinion as both have had tournament success, also I believe that Coballion is an underrated attacker that has won me multiple matches not only in this deck but in multiple other decks too. Most people would have argued that Klinklang was not good without testing with it in multiple different lists until you find on that is correct for how you like to play.
  15. Martin

Martin Member

Isnt this the same deck concept as the darkrai hydreigon deck thats been seeing play in japanĀ“s BW-on format?
    Why would this be any better, since it cant abuse darks and darkrai ex as hydreigon can?
  16. thematteo0

Yes of course it is the same basis and Darkrai-Hdrei is much better... but I don't live in Japan so as such Hdrei is not out .
  17. Crawdaunt

Crawdaunt Active Member

This deck brings a small advantage with it, in the Special Metal energies. You can use them to protect a KlingKlang on the bench from a KO by moving your energies appropriately, and also stack them on a Cobalion to make him much tankier.

Meganium loses that, but I wonder what it can bring to the table in terms of support attackers... Since Klink corners can already run stuff like Shaymin EX since it runs prisms and rainbows, Meganium corners would pretty much have to run a great evolution that uses grass energy to make it worth it. The two ideas that come to mind for me are unfortunately both stage 2's. Venusaur DEX and Royal Heal Serperior.

Serperior isn't a bad addition to the deck though... you can heal off the minor rainbow damage you get, and can also prevent potshots from forcing you to Max Potion early. It is a stage 2 though, which is way too clunky. It's attack is also really nice for finishing something off and conserving your energy.
  18. baby_mario

Meganium corners can tech Celebi.
  19. Crawdaunt

Crawdaunt Active Member

You conserve your energy anyways... Unless you plan on teching Celebi to be hilarious and block all the evolution decks out there.

All of them. All the evolution decks. Every last one :p
  20. baby_mario

Since when did it hurt to have a little acceleration when needed? Especially in a deck that plays Mewtwo.

You can only conserve what you already have on the Field.