Rogue Gardie/Gallade (Gardevoir NXD, Gallade PLS)

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by PokemonPlayer101, Nov 12, 2013.

1. PP101

PP101 The Swarm for 3 seconds then accidentally left Staff Member

Gardevoir SW/Gallade SW back in the day was my first competitive deck, so once Gallade PLS was released, I immediately started brainstorming a deck with it. Of course, in that fast format, there was no way a Stage 2 attacker could do well. However, now that Catcher has been nerfed, perhaps it could have a fighting chance.

Thinking of testing out the following list:

Pokemon: 22
    3 Gallade PLS
    1 Gallade LTR
    2 Gardevoir NXD
    2 Kirlia RC9
    4 Ralts PLS
    2 Electrode PLF
    2 Voltorb PLF
    1 Dusknoir BCR
    1 Duskull BCR
    2 Mewtwo EX
    1 Landorus EX
    1 Terrakion LTR

Energy: 12
    2 Double Colorless
    4 Fighting
    6 Psychic

TSS: 26
    4 Professor Juniper
    4 N
    4 Skyla
    2 Colress

4 Rare Candy
    3 Ultra Ball
    2 Switch
    1 Tool Scrapper
    1 Super Rod
    1 Computer Search/Dowsing Machine

That list is completely theorymon, as I have yet to test it, but it's where I'd start.

Thoughts?
    JGames, Jirachion and SamSoldier like this.
  2. Khalldor

Khalldor Member

My immediate thoughts are that you're losing consistency of getting you're stage 2s out with that many pokemon techs.
  3. PP101

The Gardevoirs and Gallades aren't that hard to set up, though, as they both come from the same evolution line. The Dusknoir isn't necessary for the deck's success, but he can kind of make up for the fact that Catcher's nerfed, as he lets you move damage around and KO things on the bench.

Electrode is just simple draw support, nothing wrong with that. I suppose he isn't necessary either, as there are plenty of Supporters, but he's just draw support, sort of like Claydol GE back when we had the original Gardie/Gallade.

Mewtwo, Landorus, and Terrakion are just to give the deck attackers while it's setting up Gallades on the bench.

I do see your point, though, there are a lot of things going on, and maybe I could trim down the Pokemon lines.

(Also, yes, I know that Tropical Beach would help this deck immensely, but I don't have any access to any, so I'm trying to build around that fact).
  4. HighShroomish

HighShroomish Wreck-It Ralts

I played this deck for fun up until a week ago. I used Tornadus EX instead of Landy and Terrakion, and I also used Emolga. I would recommend taking out the Electrodes for some form of disruption. I used hammers, but if you can fit Lasers, that could be good. I'm not sure what Gallade LTR does, but you might want to take it out for another Psychic one.
  5. Jirachion

Jirachion is now addicted with Pokemon gijinkas.

Finally, something on this deck! I play a very limited version of this deck. I don't have all the resources, so my decklist is probably not even close to what a better version is. I like your list, but you seem to have a lot going on in there. I'll post my list (not very good at all).

Pokemon: 17

3 Gardevoir NXD
    2 Gallade PLS
    1 Kirlia PLS
    4 Ralts NXD
    2 DarMAXitan NXD
    3 Darumaka NXD
    1 Mr. Mime PLF
    1 Mewtwo EX BW

TSS: 32

4 Professor Juniper
    4 Skyla
    2 N
    1 Bianca
    1 Colress

4 Rare Candy
    3 Level Ball
    2 Rescue Scarf
    2 Silver Mirror
    2 Switch
    2 Energy Retrieval
    1 Scramble Switch
    1 Ultra Ball
    1 Silver Bangle
    1 Tool Scrapper
    1 Energy Search

2 Pokemon Center

Energy:

7 Psychic
    2 DCE

I rely on Gallade and DarMAXitan to deal out my damage. But DarMAXitan is too flippy. Considering Meloetta LTR, Mewtwo EX, and another Mr. Mime.
  6. PP101

[​IMG]
    Pandemonium Blade is what it's mainly used for. It's a pretty good attack. Plus, if you're running Landy and Terrakion, you need to run Fighting Energy, so may as well throw in one of these guys.

I'm not a big fan of Hypnotoxic Laser, so I suppose I could try Hammers. What sort of Crushing/Enhanced split did you use?

Yeah, Darmanitan is kind of unreliable.

I'm a bit worried on your Energy count; 9 is a bit low. And only 1 Ultra Ball and 2 N aren't going to get you very far. Perhaps you could do this:

-2 Level Ball
    -2 Rescue Scarf
    -1 Gardevoir
    -2 Darmanitan
    -3 Darumaka
    -1 Scramble Switch

+2 Ultra Ball
    +1 Gallade
    +2 N
    +3 Psychic
    +1 Super Rod
    +1 Mewtwo EX
    +1 Computer Search

If you have access to those cards, I think they would help immensely.
  7. Jirachion

I have another Ultra Ball, and 3 more Psychic. For now, I'll take out a Level Ball and the Rescue Scarves. I'll try and trade some Ns and a Computer Search off my friends too. I've played this deck since I got into competitive play, where it started out as Gardevoir/Gothitelle/DarMAXitan. I did decently enough at Nats for me to believe that there was some hope for it. Just as you said, now that Catcher's been nerfed, I think that this deck may perform even better.
  8. HighShroomish

HighShroomish Wreck-It Ralts

@PokemonPlayer101 I just don't think it's worth putting in another energy type. If it had used Psychic energy, then it would have been perfect in here.

And I always try to get a 3/2 split for the hammers.
  9. Wrags23

Wrags23 Feeling... rogue.

So, why not Reniculus so you can make sure that your Bench Poke's have damage on them?
  10. PP101

Because that Gallade isn't the focus of the deck. I suppose you could go Gallade LTR/Excadrill EX/Reuniclus BLW, but this deck is centered around Gallade PLS and Gardevoir NXD.
  11. Khalldor

Khalldor Member

I'd just tech the terrakion and run 3 fighting energy instead of terakion, landorus, gallade LTR, 4 fighting.
    I'd take out the DCE's also (as your basic psychic energies are equivalent with Psychic Mirage) and just live without a turn 1 x ball
  12. Jirachion

I've been tweaking my old list a lot, and I came up with this, and it's working well for me.

Pokemon- 15

2 Gardevoir NXD
    2 Gallade PLS
    1 Kirlia PLS
    4 Ralts NXD
    2 Mewtwo-EX BW45
    2 Meloetta LTR 78
    2 Mr. Mime PLF

I-S-S- 34

4 Professor Juniper
    3 N
    3 Skyla
    2 Colress

4 Rare Candy
    3 Level Ball
    2 Ultra Ball
    2 Tool Scrapper
    2 Escape Rope
    2 Energy Search
    1 Scramble Switch
    1 Energy Retrieval

2 Silver Bangle
    1 Silver Mirror

2 Pokemon Center

Energy- 11

9 Psychic
    2 DCE

I definitely need a Super Rod in this, but I'm not sure what to take out. Any thoughts/suggestions?
  13. Salamencetrainer34

Salamencetrainer34 An ogre-achiever

Try out reuniculus! So more benched pokemon get damage!
  14. KueKas

KueKas Member

Has anyone tried Ho-Oh EX with this? Instant +3 energy to boost Gallade's atack?
  15. jwkdpster

jwkdpster New Member

Im testing this deck right now, and its working pretty well. But it has problems with darkrai/garbodor even with 2 scraper. I was originally using bouffalant as an attacker with mewtwo, but i am going to switch them for sighliph. I will be doing more testing with it tomorrow.
  16. Wrags23

Wrags23 Feeling... rogue.

Well, if you're having trouble vs. Garbodor then Sigilyph won't do anything... However Sigilyph is the best second option in my opinion
  17. jwkdpster

jwkdpster New Member

The problem with darkrai/garbodor for me was not doing enough damage to keep the darkrais in check. Even using Bouffalant they would end up taking 1 prize and I would take 2 then they would take another 1-2. I think will up the scraper to 3 and try that.
    And sighliph helps with blastoise and verizion/ genesect matchup A LOT.
  18. jwkdpster

jwkdpster New Member

With some help from a friend I figured out a deck list. I am going to try this tomorrow at a citys.
    4 Ralts PLS
    3 Gardevoir NXD
    1 Gallade PLS
    2 Sigilyph LTR
    3 Mewtwo EX BW45
    2 Giratina PLS
    15 pokemon

3 professor juniper
    4 n
    3 skyla
    2 colress
    2 tool scrapper
    4 rare candy
    3 ultra ball
    2 switch
    1 escape rope
    1 level ball
    1 super rod
    3 exp share
    3 hypnotoxic laser
    2 virbank city gym
    34 trainers

9 psychic
    2 DCE
    11 energy
  19. jbcheshire

jbcheshire Member

How did your list go at City's??
  20. jwkdpster

jwkdpster New Member

Quite well! I did really bad on my second to last game, which was the part messed me up. If I won that one I would have ended up 4-1, then I would have asked to tie the last game to make top cut. So I beat 2 genesect/version and one blastoise, and lost to 1 genesect/version, one blastoise( the game I messed up on), and tool drop( the last game).
    In most games I wanted a second Gallade to work with, that's why I lost to tool drop in the prize trade. Also the Giratina is quite nice with shadow claw. 2 energys after you setup Gardevoir, 90 damage and discarding a card from the opponents hand is really nice. So far the deck works pretty well but it requires a good amount of mid game thinking to play.
    I'm still working on the pokemon list. I might try to add some Chandelure EX LTR, or add a second Gallade