Tier 3 Flygon BCR, Dusknoir BCR

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by TheLightningFlare, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Chaostamer

Chaostamer Active Member Staff Member

The deck is totally viable, but it absolutely needs a couple attackers. The standby seems to be Accelgor and Mewtwo.
  2. snscompt1

snscompt1 The worst Mafia player ever.

Yeah, saw a Bad Deck Monday of it. Better than Laserbank depending on your matchup.
  3. Hurrmaadurr

Hurrmaadurr Is blasting off again

I really don't think mewtwo would be good in here. You would 100% want a strafer, palkia ex, accelgor, ninjask, heck if you feel risky dual brains magnezone
  4. SoldiersSpirit

SoldiersSpirit I will defend my Kingdom.

Magnezone sounds awful lol.
  5. PellOfTheTundra

PellOfTheTundra Do you even LT-87

Blastoise-EX or Donphan...
  6. SoldiersSpirit

SoldiersSpirit I will defend my Kingdom.

You guys are killing me...
  7. PellOfTheTundra

This is only the beginning SS. ONLY THE BEGINNING.
    MetalArmedAngel likes this.
  8. Hurrmaadurr

I think a strafer would be the optimal way to speed up the damage output, now I have not tested it but here's a list off the top of my head
    Pokes
    4-2-4 flygon
    2-1-2 dusknoir
    3 palkia ex
    T/s/s
    3 juniper
    3 n
    3 skyla
    1 colress
    4 ultra ball
    2 level ball
    3 float stone
    1 rocky helmet
    1 switch
    4 max potion
    1 dowsing machine/rock guard
    2 scrapper
    4 rare candy
    3 beach/ pokemon center
    Energy
    4 dce
    3 grass

This is just off the top of my head so it might not work well, or I've probably forgotten something big, but its something
  9. snscompt1

For switching, you could also use Kyogre EX or Emolga NXD for that Yveltal/Lugia Lightning weakness. Had some friends play all switching Pokemon at states. Did well, but not enough damage output.
  10. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

Blastoise EX outclasses Kyogre EX imo. Same damage, more HP, costs a DCE and forces the opponent to switch too. And Emolga NXD just looks bad tbh.
  11. snscompt1

The reason I didn't like Blastoise EX was because it was like a free escape rope for your opponent. And Emolga is bad lol. But the switching effect and lightning class have it's uses.
  12. Chaostamer

Chaostamer Active Member Staff Member

Mewtwo is there for insurance against the Blastoise player who could otherwise load up a five-Energy Keldeo and sweep through your Flygon. Accelgor isn't a solid enough counter because it doesn't OHKO and the Blastoise player can just Rush In with a second Keldeo and Max Potion the first. It's similarly useful against a big Yveltal. It also serves as a nice cleanup Pokémon at the end of the game to take that last prize or two. It's good; I've tried it.
    jeffrey3421 likes this.
  13. ddbargardi

ddbargardi Active Member

Accelgor: Deck and Cover (50) + Silver Bangle (30) = 80 x2(weakness) = 160 + 10 from poison is a OHKO.
  14. Hurrmaadurr

Plus the 10 from flygon can hit hard to pokemon like blastoise ex, also a bangles ninjask using night slash hits 180 to keldeo
  15. Salamencetrainer34

Salamencetrainer34 An ogre-achiever

Blastoise EX is being played?
  16. PellOfTheTundra

Sometimes, in Blastoise/Blastoise/Blastoise/Keldeo.
    I think it's not good but what do I know?
  17. Hurrmaadurr

Eh it what the first thing came in mind, there's also terrakion ex and terrakion ltr that apply
  18. chepoke

chepoke Member

here is my garchomp/flygon list. idea is to promote flygon after garchomp gets knocked out, then retreat into another garchomp.
    the combination of garchomp and flygon make for a consistent, hard hitting deck. i.e. 60-120 from garchomp and 10-60 spread from flygon. hardest part is surviving the 1st 2 turns against plasma and yveltal. thinking of adding a sigilyph or two to set up behind, but no idea what to take out.

4-3-3 garchomp
    3-1-2 flygon
    2-0-1 dusknoir
    1 mr mime

4 juniper
    4 skyla
    4 N
    2 beach

3 rare candy
    4 level ball
    2 float stone
    1 ultra ball
    2 tool scrapper
    2 super rod
    1 town map
    2 muscle band
    1 max potion
    1 escape rope
    1 dowsing machine

4 fighting
    2 wlfm blend
  19. Ein

Ein The Mega Man Master

Seen this deck getting some increased buzz lately. Accelgor early, Mewtwo late. Anyone been playing around with this deck nxd-ff? Seems big benches are prevalent.
  20. Salamencetrainer34

Salamencetrainer34 An ogre-achiever

I heard its doing really good in senior/junior division at nats (I think junior)