Tier 3 Flygon BCR, Dusknoir BCR

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by TheLightningFlare, Aug 27, 2013.

1. TheLightningFlare

TheLightningFlare Respect is earned, not given

This is the competitive deck thread for Flygon/Dusknoir in the NXD-on format. The deck is also known by the common nicknames Flynoir and Duskgon. The basic strategy of the deck is to stream Flygons and keep them active and rack up a lot of damage on the opponent's field. Then you use Dusknoir to move all that damage.

Here is a sample decklist:
    [Spoiler=Click here to show list]
    Pokemon-18
    4 Trapinch BCR
    2 Vibrava BCR
    4 Flygon BCR
    3 Duskull BCR
    1 Dusclops BCR
    3 Dusknoir BCR
    1 Keldeo BCR

Trainers-42
    4 Professor Juniper
    4 N
    3 Colress
    2 Skyla

2 Virbank City Gym

4 Ultra Ball
    4 Rare Candy
    4 Hypnotoxic Laser
    3 Level Ball
    3 Silver Mirror
    3 Float Stone
    3 Max Potion
    2 Super Rod
    1 Computer Search
    [/spoiler]
  2. desufnoc

desufnoc Ditto used Transform!

Needs catcher to help stall.
  3. TylerLindsey

TylerLindsey Road to DC.

I haven't tested this deck, but Tropical Beach seems like a great option for a deck that never actually attacks, as well as a deck that needs to set up multiple Stage 2s.

Beach and Caitlyn have excellent synergy together; the former filling up your hand every turn so that the ladder always has a fair amount of cards to cycle. This is especially important for a deck that runs Stage 2s, as it allows you to cycle all of the cards you don't need in the early game, keeping the piece(s) you do need to set up properly. Since you can Beach literally every turn with this deck, the traditional drawback Caitlyn has (lategame small hand, draw Caitlyn, cry) is hugely mitigated.

Therefore, I would experiment with a heavy Beach/Caitlyn line if I were to try and make this strategy work.
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
    desufnoc likes this.
  4. indercarnive

indercarnive Well-Known Member

4 beach. needs 4 beach. and lasers not needed. max out mirror, and something else IDK
  5. TheLightningFlare

I would argue that lasers is really good in this deck, with or without Virbank. In my experience playing, even being 10 damage short will ruin the whole game. As for beach, I tried to make the decklist cheap so anyone could build and play with it in real life. But i agree that this deck is better with beach.[DOUBLEPOST=1377709141][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Stalling not as good anymore because it's easy to retreat in this format(Keldeo Float Stone, Multiple Switch, just Float Stone by itself.) Maybe 1 could be used.
  6. RJCarrot

RJCarrot Poke Breeder Extrodinare.

You need at the least one tool scrapper. You just lose to Garbodor.
  7. TheLightningFlare

As I said to indercarive, I tired to make the deck cheaper to make it more manageable for people to build irl. But yes, beach Caitlyn is a nice thing to run in this deck.[DOUBLEPOST=1377709386][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I've found that you still autolose to garbodor with 1 Scrapper. Maybe 2 would help better.
  8. RJCarrot

RJCarrot Poke Breeder Extrodinare.

Or one and a Dowsing Machine.
  9. MVTK

MVTK Tech M9me

Keldeo EX is an odd idea, but it might be a good tech in emergency. Just threw this idea together:

4 Trapinch BCR
    2 Vibrava BCR
    4 Flygon BCR
    3 Duskull BCR
    1 Dusclops BCR
    3 Dusknoir BCR
    1 Keldeo EX

4 Tropical Beach
    4 Skyla
    4 N
    3 Professor Juniper
    3 Caitlin

4 Rare Candy
    4 Max Potion
    4 Level Ball
    4 Float Stone
    3 Pokemon Catcher
    2 Silver Mirror
    2 Ultra Ball

1 Computer Search
  10. HighShroomish

HighShroomish Wreck-It Ralts

I actually use Flynoir, but Flygon actually just replaced Gothitelle in the deck. Now I know Virizion will be popular, but 70 damage to one pokemon after just one of your turns and any damage they take to their bench will rack up fast.
  11. Dr_BrownGravy89

Dr_BrownGravy89 New Member

I just built a version of this deck and haven't lost a game with it yet. Granted I've only played in a league challenge with it and against some friends but it was against top tier decks like TKD and blastoise. Here's my list

3-1-3 flygon
    2-0-2 dusknoir
    2 virizion ex
    1 tropius
    1 landorus ex

4 juniper
    4 skyla
    4 N

4 rare candy
    4 exp share
    3 ultra ball
    2 level ball
    2 energy switch
    1 super rod
    1 energy search
    1 float stone
    1 tool scrapper
    1 computer search

9 leaf
    4 fighting

Virizion to start setup and by t3-t4 you should have a flygon setup and be trying to get a dusknoir out asap. Once that happens you basically are jus disrupting their setup with sinister hand/sand spammer and N along with using flygons attack to lock their active in place.
  12. Hurrmaadurr

Hurrmaadurr Is blasting off again

You could use ninjask or accelgor to strafe into flygon, then you could just rush in, retreat, repeat
  13. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

Or you could use Strafe to strafe into Flygon, but then again, Paralysis is pretty good.
  14. ShinyEevee

ShinyEevee The not so shiny

At first I never gave this deck much consideration. I had assumed it to be a fun deck with no real competitive edge. However last week I was forced to eat my words as I lost 0-2 against this very deck (was playing speed yveltal/darkrai if it matters). Though it seems fragile. Has it won any significant events?
  15. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

Nothing that I can think of. I'm pretty sure it hasn't really been, well, played at any significant events.
  16. Hurrmaadurr

It's more of a league or fun deck, but it has its moments, garbodor is the thing that keeps this deck at t3. I usually run 2 scrapper, and escape rope helps to stall and get a good amount of damage in play. On the tcgo I had a more aggressive version with frozen city, rock guard and rock helmet.

For a while I was using a version with celebi ex, so you could sand force or whatever vibravas second attack is, it's good for putting more damage on the board.
  17. SoldiersSpirit

SoldiersSpirit I will defend my Kingdom.

It top 8'd MD states but yea, its just not played enough. I think that gives it its edge honestly.
  18. Hurrmaadurr

It really is a shock to see in a tournament, if someone would be crazy enough to play it
  19. purpleheracross

purpleheracross New Member

I considered Garbodor a free win most of the time. The Celebi ex/vibrava route tested really badly and let Flygon receive OHKO's from Yveltal Ex with ease.
  20. snscompt1

snscompt1 The worst Mafia player ever.

Tested this deck out today, made some tweaks, and must say that its loads of fun.
    ShavlikLeague and HighShroomish like this.