Rogue Flareon PLF, Techs

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by SeaLegend, Aug 14, 2013.

1. SeaLegend

SeaLegend Active Member

This is the competitive deck thread for Flareon/Techs in the NXD-on format. The deck is also known by the common nicknames Eeveelutons or World War Z. The basic strategy of the deck is to use matchup specific techs in order to generate an advantage against any specific deck, while tosing that cards you don't need to power up Flareon's Vengeance late game.

Here is a sample decklist:
    [Spoiler=Click here to show list]4-4-2 Eevee line (Signs of Evolution Eevee, Flareon PLF, Leafeon PLF)
    3-2/1 Drifblim (Drifloon PLB, 2 Drifblim PLB, 1 Drifblim DRX)
    2-2 Zoroark BLW (Paralyzing Gaze Zorua)
    2 Terrakion NVI
    2 Audino BCR
    1 Mr. Mime PLF

4 Juniper
    4 N
    3 Bianca
    2 Random Receiver

3 Ultra Ball
    3 Pokemon Catcher
    3 Switch
    2 Silver Bangle
    1 Super Rod
    1 Dowsing Machine

5 Fighting
    4 DCE

Explanation:
    4 Signs of Evolution Eevee: Signs of Evolution gives us an option to fish a Flareon or Leafeon out of the deck. Growl could also be used for some anti-donk measures, but overall I feel this attack is more useful in any deck that runs multiple Eeveelutions to keep your options open, and load up your hand for Ultra Ball if you need.

4 Flareon: This card is your main attacker lategame. 20 damage+10 for each card in your discard pile allows you to one-hit KO most EXs in the game once you stack up 15-16 Pokemon in your discard. This number is halved when you face the Genesect/Virizion decks that are sure to be one of the most-played decks.

2 Leafeon: Energy Crush is a very efficient attack. If you find your opponent stacking up energy, you can hit for upwards of 100 damage for just 1 energy, and also shines as a decent attacker vs Darkrai and Plasma.

3-2/1 Drifblim: This dynamic duo of Drifblims are absolute monsters vs Plasma. Drifblim from Plasma Blast has the potential to deal 70 damage for 0 energy as well as discarding a Special Energy from the Defending Pokemon. Combined with Enhanced Hammers, you can really slow down the game plan of Plasma players who tend to rely heavily on Special Energy. Once you get a bunch of these Energy in the discard, Drifblim DRX can come in and sweep up, for 1 Energy, Drifblim will pretty easily be dealing 200 damage against Plasma decks (and other decks that rely on Special Energy)> If Plasma is heavy in your area, I may even recommend bumping this up to a 4-2/2 line.

2-2 Zoroark: Zoroark is your utility attacker. The ability to copy attacks allows you to grab some key KOs on things that may otherwise prove very troublesome. Black Kyurem running you over? Go ahead and copy that Black Ballista to do 200 damage. Flareon mirror? Congratulations, you just found yourself a 5th Flareon. The utility this card provides allows for a couple of matchups to become a little more favorable, and if you find yourself not needing it, you can always just discard with Ultra Ball.

2 Terrakion NVI: A vast majority of the attackers in this deck have a relatively low 100 HP. As such, your Pokemon will likely be getting knocked out a lot. Enter Terrakion, who is an extremely efficient attacker right after your Pokemon are knocked out. 90 for 2 is very good damage, and will be able to take advantage of weakness against Thundurus EX as well as Darkrai EX to take some easy prizes.

2 Audino: This card is relatively staple in Flareon decks. You are able to discard it from your hand in order to stack up the discard pile, as well as get rid of any pesky paralysis or sleep that will try to prevent you from attacking.

1 Mr. Mime: With low HP Pokemon, it is very important to prevent snipe damage to your bench. Mr. Mime is in the deck purely for that reason.[/spoiler]
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  2. indercarnive

indercarnive Well-Known Member

no bangles? there are literally no ex pokemon in here, and gives drifblims a lot more power against plasma(2 shot with blast one and only needing 3 energy for DRX one) and gives flareon the ability to t2 KO.
    also sawk is god
  3. SeaLegend

SeaLegend Active Member

I could certainly see Bangle have some great uses in this deck, letting Leafeon OHKO a 3 energy Keldeo, Drifblim OHKOing Deoxys. However this deck is verrry tight for space. The choice is pretty much between Enhanced Hammer and Silver Bangle, hard to say which has the edge.

EDIT: I changed the formatting of the first post in order to comply with what cabd wanted for the formatting, as well as putting Silver Bangles in place of Hammers as that should be the standard call.
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  4. blargh257

blargh257 Is now Dedede.

You need a third Eeveelution in this deck to be able to use Signs. I would suggest Espeon DEX.
  5. SeaLegend

SeaLegend Active Member

As the deck is private knowledge, you only have to take 2. I could even choose to only take one if I wanted to.

http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=176870
    Alastair likes this.
  6. MrJiggyFly

MrJiggyFly New Member

what about using garbodor or cofagruis instead of the zoroark? I've seen variations with each. and how would landorous ex or even the terrakion ex as options go?
  7. pootoucher

pootoucher blastoise-enthusiast

i heart this deck so much it hurts. with plasma blast this thing took a turn from "wouldn't it be funny...." to a deck that i expect to see at every major event this year. my favorite lists have been the fire energy variants to use flareon as the main atker vs virgen and an option v darkrai.

the thing that makes me play blastoise/x instead is that i cant seem to crack a list that has enough draw in it to be seeing it every turn (like decks that run 4-12 pokemon) and enough tech in it to cover all the bases (garb, eevelutions, balloons, zorark, sawk, audino, ect.) one would see in a bigger event.

flareon is may favorite eevelution tho, and with fariy might just come a variant of the new eevelution to break the deck into the first teir.

who knows
  8. Wrags23

Wrags23 Feeling... rogue.

It will probably never be first tier, but I think that the deck does have some potential.
  9. yoyos

yoyos delicious hot potatos

idk, if that was bench sitter zoroark and laser bank with those bangles.... hehehe. Foul play is just, it gives the opponent an idea of something they won't want to attack with, in virizion genesect builds that use lugia, using keldeo over playing BK, etc, etc.
  10. indercarnive

indercarnive Well-Known Member

i like zoroark in this deck over garbador. the wolf can help in plasma and also helps blastoise by killing a black kyurem. and leafeon takes care of keldeos. i dont think mimes are needed as they end up being catcher bait and the snipe damage is bad, but not attacking is worst. also w/ dowsing i think 2 switch would be fine. and i cant help but feel landorus over terrakion and 1 sawk is really nice.
  11. SeaLegend

SeaLegend Active Member

Glad to see that people are actually playing this deck, I thought it was just me :p

I'm currently working on a varient running 4-4 Zoroark. It is a very clutch card if you are going first, T1 Ascension off of Zorua lets you put extreme pressure on Plasma Kyurems, Darkrais, Black Kyurems, and Genesects as you can either one-shot them or set them up for a knockout on the next turn. With the aid of Laserbank and Bangles, you are able to set up Darkrais for 4 prize turns as well. The card just sounds too good in theory. My decklist right now looks a little something like this:

4-4 Zoroark (Ascension Zorua)
    4-3/3 Flareon/Leafeon (Signs of Evolution Eevee)
    1 Mr. Mime
    1 Absol PLF

4 Blend GPRD
    3 DCE
    2 Dark
    2 Plasma
    1 Fire
    1 Fighting

4 Juniper
    4 N
    2 Skyla
    1 Colress

4 Laser
    3 Catcher
    3 Bangle
    3 Ultra Ball
    1 Colress Machine

2 Virbank City Gym

As previously stated, Zoroark is a great go-to attacker against the heavy hitters of the format. Leafeon also helps to put a tremendous amount of pressure on to Blastoise, Darkrai, and Genesect decks on turn 2, hitting for heavy damage for 1 energy. 20 Pokemon is a little low for Flareon, but I mostly have him in here for the turn 2 pressure of Heat Tackle vs Genesect decks. Absol is a good attacker in the Plasma matchup where they will have a big bench. I'm looking for suggestions before I take this to league on Saturday for testing and potentially to my first pre-season tournament next weekend!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the Fighting energy is so I can Foul Play Landorus's Land's Judgement for the 150 damage.
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  12. yoyos

yoyos delicious hot potatos

after viewing this, this deck list is going to need 4 catcher to really back up those statements, 3 is just not enough.
  13. RJCarrot

RJCarrot Poke Breeder Extrodinare.

A guy at my shop plays a variant of this. The only problem with it is it absolutely caves to Landorus EX.
  14. Wrags23

Wrags23 Feeling... rogue.

I saw Pooka playing Dual Brains Magnezone with Iris in his Flareon... Just a fun idea, but would it work?
  15. RJCarrot

Seems like alot, you would have to be adding candy in there as well and these lists are generally pretty tight to begin with, with all the evolutions.
  16. SeaLegend

SeaLegend Active Member

Yeah, there's already not enough space for everything you want in this deck. I honestly don't know how he managed to cram that in there, and it's not even that amazing anyways.
  17. JAM

JAM Consistency > Techs

I'm on a Flareon kick right now. Here is my take on Flareon + Techs. I kept the core engine from my Flareon/Cofagrigus deck. That includes the four Juniper, N and Bicycle with Electrode to help along the way. It also includes four Level and Ultra Ball to get out all these Stage 1 Pokemon as quickly as possible. The major changes are the removal of the 4-4 Cofagrigus line for a 2-2 Driblim line and a Sawk to help against Plasma. I also added a Leafeon to help with Blastoise. The Pokemon I've chosen are pretty much the same as most other teched out Flareon decks, but I feel like this engine helps with consistency. In my opinion these Stage 1 decks really benefit from Electrode and Bicycle, because they usually needed to see more cards every turn than a deck centered around Basic Pokemon. With so many cards that can be either played immediately or discarded you rarely have trouble getting your hand down to 1-2 cards to play a Bicycle or Magnetic Draw. If do happen to come into a hand with no supporter you can search for Jirachi with one or your eight balls.

Pokemon – 24

4 Eevee PLF 90
    1 Leafeon PLF 11
    4 Flareon PLF 12
    2 Drifloon PLB 34
    2 Drifblim PLB 35
    2 Voltorb PLF 32
    2 Electrode PLF 33
    2 Ditto BCR 108
    2 Audino BCR 126
    1 Sawk PLB 52
    1 Mr. Mime PLF 47
    1 Jirachi EX

Trainers – 28

4 Juniper
    4 N
    4 Bicycle

4 Level Ball
    4 Ultra Ball
    4 Pokemon Catcher
    1 Super Rod

1 Dowsing Machine

2 Silver Bangle

Energy – 8

4 Fighting
    4 Double Colorless
  18. Alastair

Alastair Mr. Evil Dr. Porkchop

Zoroark is too useful to let go. It can use G-Booster and Black Ballista against the opponent, as well as Shadow Steal, Megalo Cannon, Night Spear, and X Ball. Too useful.
  19. SeaLegend

SeaLegend Active Member

I hate to disappoint, but Zoroark can NOT use G-Booster as it is not an attack on the Defending Pokemon.
    eggrolls likes this.
  20. RJCarrot

The point is still valid tho, Zoroark is really really good in this deck.