Exggstinct egg plant (Weavile, Exeggcute, Cradily, Venusaur)

Discussion in 'Deck Help & Development' started by DKQuagmire, Mar 17, 2013.

1. DKQuagmire

DKQuagmire Member

An idea from eggrolls in the BW9 Megalo Cannon thread.
    Basically, a zombie deck. Since the Pokemon in this deck, go to the discard pile where they use their ability to put themselves back into the hand (Exeggute) or the deck (Lileep)
    This deck is essentially another variant of the Weavile with Scapegoats

3-3 Weavile (ND Sneasel. Spiral Force Weavile)
    3-3 Cradily (Megalo Cannon)
    3 Venusaur
    4 Exeggcute (Plasma Freeze. English set this May)
    2 Sableye

3 Root Fossil (Megalo Cannon)
    3 Juniper
    2 Caitlin (Megalo Cannon)
    3 Skyla
    2 Colress
    3 Ultra Ball
    3 Level Ball
    3 Pokemon Catcher
    3 Switch
    2 Float Stone
    1 Super Rod
    1 Computer Search

4 DPGR Blend Energy
    3 Grass
    3 Dark

Weavile – Darkness – HP90
    Stage 1 (Team Plasma) – Evolves from Sneasel
    [C] Hail: Does 10 damage to each of your opponent’s Pokemon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon.)
    [D][C] Scapegoats: 30x damage. You may discard as many Pokemon from your hand as you like. This attack does 30 times the number of cards discarded this way.
    Weakness: Fighting (x2)
    Resistance: Psychic (-20)
    Retreat: 1

Lileep - Grass - HP80
    Restored - Put this card onto your Bench only with the effect of Root Fossil
    Ability: Call of the Ancient
    Once during your turn (before your attack), if this card is in your discard pile, you may place it on the bottom of your deck.
    [G][C] Spiral Drain: 20 damage. Heal 10 damage from this Pokemon.
    Weakness: Fire (x2)
    Resistance: Water (-20)
    Retreat: 2

Cradily - Grass - HP120
    Stage 1 - Evolves from Lileep
    [G] Life Explosion: For each Energy attached to this Pokemon, search your deck for a Stage 2 Pokemon and put it onto your Bench. Shuffle your deck afterwards.
    [G][C] Spiral Drain: 60 damage. Heal 20 damage from this Pokemon.
    Weakness: Fire (x2)
    Resistance: Water (-20)
    Retreat: 2

Caitlin - Trainer
    Supporter
    Return any number of cards from your hand to the bottom of your deck in any order you like. Then, draw an equal number of cards.
    You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack).

Float Stone – Trainer
    Item
    Pokemon Tool: Each Pokemon can have only 1 Pokemon Tool attached to it at any time.
    The Pokemon this card is attached to has no retreat cost.
    You can use any number of Item cards during your turn.

Basic strategy.
    This deck utilizes the upcomming Weavile's attack "scapegoats" to deal massive damage, with help from Exeggcute in the same set, and Lileep from the new Japanese set "Megalo Cannon"
    You first need to set up a Sneasel, but you don't want to put an Exeggute on the bench. Sableye can help with it's Junk hunt, getting back some fossil cards, level balls and ultra balls, which are essential to this deck.
    In order to successfully attack you will need a good supply of pokemon in you hand to discard with scapegoats. This is what Exeggute and Lileep are here for. Taking the fall for the rest of the deck, and allowing your scapegoats to reach enough damage turn 2 to knock out, pretty much anything in the format. By discarding 6 pokemon, you can deal 180 damage, enough to knock out any EX without Eviolite's/Giant Cape's.
    Although Exeggcute can instantly spawn in your hand after it is discarded, Lileep does not. Lileep goes to the bottom of your deck.
    This can work to your advantage. Using draw cards like Juniper, Caitlin and even Skyla, you can search out your Root Fossil, and activate Lileeps ability to put it at the bottom of your deck, allowing you to instantly play the card onto your bench.
    What you need to do now is to get Cradily up. This can be done through, draw support cards and search cards like Ultra ball. Just discard those Exeggcutes and Lileeps in your hand, for a free Ultra Ball, on the turn you can evolve.
    With Cradily up, you need to attack using its first attack. This will mean getting it active. If you attached a grass last turn, and attach another energy this turn you can get 2-3 stage 2 Pokemon streight into play.
    Enter Venusaur! This Pokemon has an ability that lets you search for any Pokemon card and it goes streight to your hand.
    You should be able to get at least 2 Venusaur's out using Cradily's attack. If you have 3 free spaces, you can search for 3 pokemon. The magic number in your deck, as that allows you to scapegoat 7 cards hitting over 200 damage
    With Cradily's job done, you need to switch back into Weavile, and after using all 3 ability's from Venusaur and all Exeggcute abilities in the discard, you will be able to deal 210 exactly every turn!!
    Other mentions are that Iris will help you out... alot, but has near to no use early game. but since your oponent will likely take the first few prizes, you can really rack up more damage if necessary.
    The only main flaw is if you loose a Venusaur then you won't be able to get as much damage off, or if someone uses Pokemon Catcher. Anything to put towards this deck idea would be appreciated, such as making the deck more consistent.
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
    eggrolls and beboppokedad like this.
  2. InfinityMinusOne

InfinityMinusOne Has a tendency to exist

No Juniper? I'd half expect that to remain a staple in the upcoming format, especially in a deck with only 4 Draw supporters and cards that can bring themselves back from the dead. I'd scrap the 4 Bicycles for 4 Juniper. That, and I'd also scratch the two Iris for 2 DCE (maybe? idk.).
  3. thematteo0

thematteo0 The quintessentially British gentleman.

This deck needs more draw support. 4 Draw Supporters just isn't enough. I know there are draw trainers in here but on average those will draw just 1-2 cards per usage, and even if it maxed and drawing 4 cards it wouldn't be enough. I recommend some hard draw power such as Professor Juniper, Bianca, Colress, N as all would seem to work well in here.
  4. ThePirateKingAtomsk

ThePirateKingAtomsk Red Haze Stalker

Your items are more important. Emolga doesn't get your lileep. Level ball does, Ultra ball discards it. Wouldn't you want Sableye to get both of those back for you to you hearts content? Weavile is also 90 HP.
  5. DKQuagmire

DKQuagmire Member

Hmm. Thanks this helps a lot. Posting at 4 in the morning doesn't help in the slightest. lol.
    I actually like your deck list PirateKing. Didn't think about float stone. And although I wasn't sure what to do for Emolga and search cards, (was just going to use it to get more Sneasels out) your list manages to trade them for level balls and you even managed to fit in some Catchers. Something I couldn't work out, just by lowering some of the Pokemon lines. (Maybe having 4 sneasel, Lileep and Venusaur or whatever was a bit much)
    Maybe Juniper is better than Bicycle in this instance then, in case of draw power.
    updating deck list now.
  6. Rippin

Rippin Member

I like the damage this deck outputs, too bad Cradily is such a pain to get out. I've been playing with a similar deck but instead of Venusaur and Cradily, I've been using ThundurusEX/Weavile, Flareon for it's vengeance attack, Umbreon for the HP boost, I run 2 so I get Thunder-EX up to 210hp, and Glaceon to give everything free retreat. Sableye I found is really good in this type of deck too.
  7. beboppokedad

beboppokedad Well-Known Member

this deck is way too futuristic for me... but any description that mentions goats has to be cool
  8. thematteo0

thematteo0 The quintessentially British gentleman.

This deck has about a 25 % chance of getting donked versus the whole meta-game combined. The fact that almost half of the decks Basics are Exeggcutes which Thundurus EX can OHKO and over 2 thirds of them can be OHKO's by Landorus EX , and not to mention Thundurus EX+ HTLBank + Deoxys combo.
  9. Jirachion

Jirachion is now addicted with Pokemon gijinkas.

But don't the Exeggcutes almost never go on the bench? o_O I thought they were there for Weavile's Scapegoat attack.
  10. InfinityMinusOne

The point matteo is trying to make is that there is too big a chance that you'll be stuck with a lone Exeggcute in your opening hand, resulting in a donk versus a very large portion of the format. No matter how good this deck is once it gets going, losing up to 25% of it's games won't nab it a plae in upper tier decks.
  11. eggrolls

eggrolls The future of this society. Or not.

I would suggest taking out at least two of those exeggcutes and putting in two more zombie fossil cards, just to be safe, considering you only run 9 basics with the four exeggcutes. Also, YAY!! my deck idea of craziness is being taken seriously!:D
    Last edited: May 13, 2013
  12. PTCGMASTER

PTCGMASTER New Member

first of all i made this deck and it wins alot
    second of all is you cant keep getting lileep back from the discard pile because root stone puts it on the bench
    this is the deck i made

14 pokemon
    4 exegcuter
    3-3 sneasel-weavile
    4 deoxys
    (if your getting donked to much make room for a virizion and a tornadorus Plasma freeze)
    10 Supporters
    2 bianca
    4 professor juniper (one of the best cards in this deck)
    2 N's (i know what you are thinking you need 4 N's in every deck i do put 4 N's in every deck i make but this deck only need 2 trust me on this one)
    2 Skyla's
    24 Items/Stadium/Ace Spec
    4 Pokemon Catchers
    2 ultra balls
    3 leval balls
    2 dark claws
    2 colress machine
    2 virbank city gym (VCG)
    4 Hypnotoxic Lasers (HTL)
    1 (Ace Spec)
    1 float stone
    1 switch
    1 random reciever
    1 super rod
    12 energy
    3 Plasma Energy
    3 Blend
    6 Dark Energy

i made this deck without the new set (Megallo Cannon) so if you want you could add cards from that set (eg. caitlin)

and also you are kinda making this deck wrong you want to get weavile second turn to do 90+ damadge then third turn you do another 90+ damdge (you kill a ex) then u do 180 damdge on the fourth turn the reason why u need to go super fast because lets say you are fighting keldeo blastiose or darkrai/lasers (most people play these decks) keldeo is atleast going to do 110 damadge on the 3rd turn and darkrai lasers 90 on the second so this deck is like 65-35 with darkrai lasers (maybe 60-40) darkrai-weavile
    but keldeo it is 50-50 so it is not such a bad deck i usally do 130 damdge second turn and 160 on the third
  13. InfinityMinusOne

You can't really criticize him on not knowing what you're "supposed" to do with the deck if you don't even know what he's trying to do with the deck. If yo knew about the ability that all new non-evolved "Restored" Pokemon get in Megalo-Cannon, you'd know that Lileep has the ability to return itself back to the deck from the discard pile, thus allowing Venusaur to search it out and open up Weavile's attack to a potentially unlimited damage cap, if you run enough "Restored" Pokemon. Regardless, you can't just outright say "you're playing this deck wrong" just based on their list, especially when you're talking about a deck that doesn't have a whole lot of potential as it is (good luck trying to play a deck with 4 30-HP basics i na format overrun by TDK). If this is how he wants to play the deck, then let it be so. If he wanted to play the traditional version of the deck, he'd go to the thread in the Competitive Deck Discussion subforum featuring Weavile and Exeggcute.
  14. camohunter19

camohunter19 Feeling English Teacher-y

Is Garbodor dead?
  15. InfinityMinusOne

Where did that come from o_O?
  16. camohunter19

camohunter19 Feeling English Teacher-y

This deck relies on abilities, and Garbodor stops the abilities. So I thought I'd see a tool scrapper in one of the lists, but there isn't one. Maybe I'm too green, but shouldn't there be some protection from Garbodor?
  17. nickolas_88

nickolas_88 Member

Yeah, a couple of Tool Scrapers will be needed in each list. Maybe 2-3 Tool Scrappers.

Against Garbodor Decks, targetting their Garbodor's seems ideal to me so they can't lock your Propagation and Megalo Cannon Lileep's Prehistoric Call ability, I am keen in making this deck really work, it'll have the tightest of all tight lists.
  18. nickolas_88

nickolas_88 Member

I personally think that a Exeggcute/Weavile/Cradily/Venusaur deck will be to bulky and will be hard to make. Perhaps Exeggcute/Weavile/Lileep would be a more better approach to the deck IMO.

When the new set comes out, I would love to see someone pull off a Exeggcute/Weavile/Cradily/Venusaur deck, that'll just be insane. In my head a good consistant deck will be very hard to pull of so Kudos to whom ever that manages to pull it off.
  19. eggrolls

eggrolls The future of this society. Or not.

Hopefully, I'll be able to do that and live up to my idea. :) I'll try to get it built when I can, and I'll be testing it on PlayTCG and stuff.
  20. nickolas_88

nickolas_88 Member

when you get it going, send me a PM I'd love to be a part of testing the deck out :)
    PokemonGeek and eggrolls like this.