Tier 2 Empoleon DEX, Terrakion NVI

Discussion in 'HS-on Archives' started by baby_mario, May 10, 2012.

1. Rowan

Rowan Rum Pirate

would Terakion Ex be ok in this deck or would it be better to have regular Terrakion?
  2. Nintendan

Nintendan Scrub

You really don't need and shouldn't have Terrakion EX at all.
    Terrakion (regular) can hit OHKOs (90 x 2) with little Energy Investment as is overall, easier to set up. Terrakion EX on the other hand, can only do 90 with 3 Energy. That can be a pain to get him without something like Energy Switch. He also gives up two prizes, and considering Mewtwo EX is still around, he will 2 shot all your Terrakion EXs for easy prizes. Also, the Energy acceleration is not needed in a deck where everything can run of 1 or 2 Energy.

Edit: Verrain I'm not 100% sure whether they should stay in or not. I'm thinking of dropping them for Energy Switch, because I love being sneaky with my plays and it's much safer. Tool Scrapper will almost definitely be ran in most decks, so I see Exp. Share being pointless. It can make for some amazing Land Crush KOs on Darkrai.
    Though the drop in Blend for a few more Basic Energy does help with your Shares (and more than likely ESwitches too) so I'll probably keep that change.
    As you said, sometimes the Energy accel isn't needed in this deck because of how low cost everything is. You can get your Energy drops down very early on with a consistent list. I just think a few Energy Switches can get some amazing comeback KOs on Darkrai.