Tier 2 Empoleon DEX, Terrakion NVI

Discussion in 'HS-on Archives' started by baby_mario, May 10, 2012.

1. Rowan

Rowan Rum Pirate

I"m new and apparently stupid. What exactly does it mean for Empoleon? they both produce water energy correct? I think i'm missing something VERY important about the rulings and I"d like to be brought up to speed please.
  2. cabd

cabd Taking over for Tamoo as the girly looking mod. Staff Member

Prism produces all types of energy (but only one at a time) when attached to a basic.

Blend provides one of any four energy (Water/Fighting/Lightning/Metal or Fire/Grass/Dark/Psychic depending on which of the two cards you play) but works on all Pokemon, not just basics.

Since the deck plays water and fighting Pokemon, and emolga uses any energy for Call For Family; there is ZERO benefit in playing prisms.
  3. Rowan

Rowan Rum Pirate

Alright. I now understand what your talking about. Thank you very much.
  4. I hate to change the subject on you guys, but I was hoping you could help me with something. See, my boyfriend was thinking of buying the cards needed to build this deck and I was just wondering if you could tell me how much it would cost if he decided to do that or if the price would vary from store to store?
  5. cabd

cabd Taking over for Tamoo as the girly looking mod. Staff Member

Depends on your decklist. If you have ZERO staples (trainers) and need to buy all 60 cards, i'd say about 100-120 is a good starting point, if you run no mew EX.
  6. Rowan

Rowan Rum Pirate

This deck is kinda cheap as is when compaired to the darkrai decks. Darkrai/mewtwo/tornadus (the EX's) are what make the decks super expensive. Though I was thinking of using 3 Mew Ex in the build after the cycle.

Reasons

1) doubles the number of Empoleon/terrakion in play.

2) Isn't weak to lighting (eels)

3) can be EXTREMELY versatile.

4) Is an answer to Mewtwo without having to play Mewtwo.

I think Mew EX is gonna bring a TON more power to the board than people realize.

EDIT:

does anyone have an accurate projection of how much Mew EX will be or better yet an actual pre-order price?
  7. Nintendan

Nintendan Scrub

I like this list a lot. It's somewhat similar to mine. 4x Cheren in this deck is a monster with Empoleon, and I think 4x N is very good because as long as you have an Empoleon up in the late-game, you can't be N'd to death very easily.
  8. Rowan

Rowan Rum Pirate

on the poster above me's note

I really liked that deck to. the ONLY thing I'd change is -1 Terrakion +1 Mew Ex.. maybe I"d cut a single N or energy to add even yet antoher Mew or emolga.
  9. N3rd4Christ

N3rd4Christ Active Member

You don't wanna run more than one Mew.

Reasons:
    - 120 HP
    - Gives up 2 prizes.
    - Horrible starter.

The reason this deck can survive is it 2 Hits most EX's and takes 2 Hits to KO your Empoleons. It's a 2:1 trade on prizes. Mew should NEVER be benched. New is there for when your opponent loads up his Mewtwo with 5+ energies to try to KO your Empoleons etc. if they do this you can just play Mew, drop a water and go for the Kill. Otherwise Mew is a horrible card. The less Mew the better. He is a tech and nothing else. He is the only situational card used. The deck runs fine without Him and is not needed.
  10. N3rd4Christ

The most expensive cards in the deck are the Terrakions and the Catchers. Everything else is under $2 for the most part. I think empoleon is $3.

We have no idea how much Mew ex will be but my guess is < 20
  11. Ziggmiceter

Ziggmiceter Ultimate 6P tournament procrastinator

Mew is for when you have a Mew, water and catcher in your hand and your opponent has a Mewtwo on the bench.
  12. N3rd4Christ

Cheren is deff the best choice. I've seen many decks running 4 Junipers which I don't understand. I often end up close to decking myself and can usually last a bit longer do to N'ing my hand back to the deck.

I'm trying really hard to fit in a 4th Emolga and maybe 2 xp shares but I'm struggling to make room. Only thing would e -1 Terrakion +1 Emolga but 2 Terrakions can be hard to draw into.

I wanna try a version with Accelegor (would not have Terrakions) but It would be a fundeck. The version I listed is the one I've been happy playing.

The tool scrapers have been very handy vs Darkrai allowing Terrakion to OHKO then if they have Eviolite.
  13. N3rd4Christ

I wouldn't even play it then unless it was for the game. Otherwise you are leaving 2 easy prizes for them to take.

So unless it's gonna win you the game or you can hot their Mewtwo who has most of their energy on it (which will disrupt their game) I would not play Mew.
  14. SercanInal

SercanInal PikachuHunter

I totally misunderstood xD. I was keep thinking that you ment prism energy sooo sorry xD
    Blend is indeed handy :p
  15. N3rd4Christ

One more week of testing and still loving the deck. Thinking I wasted a lot of money on a Darkrai/Hydreigon that so far I haven't liked playing.
  16. Rowan

Rowan Rum Pirate

How is it preforming against other decks? Like darkrai variants and Eels?
  17. lucarioAdventure1

lucarioAdventure1 i swear on me mum

Let me say this: If you are in Seniors/Juniors play this deck you will not be disappointed :)
  18. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care Staff Member

You will still have to live with the disappointment of being a Senior though.
    Nintendan and wiki188 like this.
  19. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter Staff Member

I wish....Endlessly.

@BM- :(. And I still have a year left.
  20. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter Staff Member

I wish....Endlessly.

@BM- :(. And I still have a year left.