Tier 2 Durant NVI

Discussion in 'HS-on Archives' started by baby_mario, May 10, 2012.

1. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care Staff Member

Becuase it would probably say something like 'Ask your opponent if you can eat their deck. If they say no, then do a funny dance'

All the Imakuni? cards are mental.
    lufan131 likes this.
  2. darkwings

darkwings Never give the monkey a gun

imakuni's durant says "for each durant and imakuni's durant you have in play, eat the top card of your opponent's deck." ex version should be "for each durant and imakuni's durant you have in play, eat the top 5 cards of your opponent's deck." you start with it and get out the other 3 and 2 regular durants and start eating half their deck. trollolol deck.
    coolestman22 likes this.
  3. Suitch

Suitch New Member

See, noone is thinking they will be putting Special Dark and Special Metals in the Dragons Exalted set, but they probably will. There are 124 numbered cards in the set, only 108 of which are from the Japanese Dragon Blade/Dragon Blast. Up to 20 could be from Dragon Selection, but I doubt all of the cards from all of the sets will be included. Plus, as one person mentioned, the new Aggron will improve Durant decks, plus the new Durant in Dragon Exalted will help get them out of discard. Mew EX can be used to attack with Durants attack, leaving all 4 durant on the bench. And Rescue Scarf can replace Eviolites in some cases, it will return to your hand when knocked out. Liaron has a milling attack as well that could be effective with Fliptini.

Sure we have no prize search, but three durants and disruption can still win if well played.
  4. RisingDawn

RisingDawn #1 Oshawott fan! :0<

Suitch

I have no doubt that the 2 new special energy they advertised with Dragons are the 2 blend energy. As many players have said the Special dark and metal energies are hangovers from D/P that are getting phased out.
    Dragons didn't get a special energy, so why should metal and dark.

And the fact that metal and dark have basic energy now.

Why would they give us English Exclusive special energy? If I was a Japanese player I would be upset.
    PokemonPlayer101 and darkwing34 like this.
  5. coolestman22

coolestman22 Now Has Techron

Well, Scolipede EPO and Krookodile EPO are both english-exclusive.
  6. PP101

PP101 The Swarm for 3 seconds then accidentally left Staff Member

Yeah, but they suck.
    darkwing34 likes this.
  7. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care Staff Member

Krookodile and Scolipede were only 'English exclusive' for about 5 minutes before Japan got them as promo cards and their 'exclusiveness' was used to entice people to buy the theme decks that they featured in.

It is in no way comparable to us getting Special Energy before Japan in future.

Personally, I think they are done with Special Metal and Dark for now. It's a hang over from pre-DP days and no longer needed. Metal and Dark need to drop their sense of entitlement.
  8. EXattack

EXattack New Member

its just plain mean to make a card that basically destorys one of the best decks around
  9. Ziggmiceter

Ziggmiceter Ultimate 6P tournament procrastinator

baby_mario
    Just remember Special Dark and Metal have always have been in rotation since they were introduced. I don't see why they wouldn't reprint it soon. It's probably not going to be in Dragons Exalted, but I imagine them being in B2/W2 base (FB/CF)
  10. beboppokedad

beboppokedad Well-Known Member

i'm kind of tired of spec dark/metal myself, plus it's more trouble then they're worth w/ all the energy removal around, can't use with super rod/energy switch, etc.

... sense of entitlement, hehe
  11. Ein

Ein The Mega Man Master

So Durant in bw-on. I think his role would be along side other steel pokemon. Part of a pokemon heavy deck.
  12. eggrolls

eggrolls The future of this society. Or not.

Has anyone thought about a straight aggron deck yet? just an idea.
  13. Ziggmiceter

Doubt it would work. You get killed too easily if you Dev. Spray one turn and pass.
  14. Akane

Akane Resident Lilligant fangirl

And besides, Aggron's attack just isn't good enough for it to work as a main attacker in my opinion. I mean sure, you have a 75% chance of 90 for MMC - even less with Fliptini - but considering what else is in the format right now, and the lack of good energy acceleration (apart from Klinklang, but seeing as it's a Stage 2 it'd get quite clunky) I doubt it'd be good enough.
  15. eggrolls

16. cabd

cabd Taking over for Tamoo as the girly looking mod. Staff Member

MMC 60

Flip a coin until you get tails. For each heads, discard the top card from your opponent's deck.

But you'd need Celebi EX on your bench.

But that's a much better attack. If only we had Memory Berry....
  17. Ziggmiceter

You're normally going to use Dev. Spray... So maybe not. I would consider Large Cloak and Rescue Scarf so Darkrai doesn't destroy the deck completely.
  18. Rowan

Rowan Rum Pirate

does anyone have a BW on deck build that could still be used? It doesn't have to be amazing obviously.

Here is a decklist I considered doing.

Pokemon 9

4 Durant
    3 Emolga (new)
    1 Mew EX

Draw 12
    4 Professor Juniper
    4 Cheren
    4 N

PkMn Search 7
    4 Level Ball
    3 Ultra Ball

Protection/heal 9
    2 Pokemon Center
    4 Eviolite
    3 Super Potion

recursion 12
    4 Super Rod
    4 Revive
    4 Energy Retrieval

Energy 10
    10 metal Energy

this list sucks I know but it was the only thing I could really think of for the deck.
  19. thematteo0

thematteo0 The quintessentially British gentleman.

I dunno I cannot see Durant working Bw-On at all. Aggron could work in here, but it might use up too much room. I don't think 4 Retrievals are vital, I think put in 3 Enhanced Hammer, 3 Crushing Hammer in place of 2 Retrieval,2 Super Rod, and 2 Pokemon Centre. And Super Potion seems useless to me in this deck [the only 1 I could find on internet search was one with base set text so I am assuming that is the one in new art re-print? If it is the same card then its useless as everything that will attack will OHKO's Durant anyway, in particular with Tool Scrapper to remove Eviolite.]
  20. eggrolls

I don't think there's been a legal super potion since Base set.