Rogue Donphan Prime, Mewtwo EX

Discussion in 'HS-on Archives' started by PokeDonk, Jun 13, 2012.

1. PokeDonk

PokeDonk New Member

Hello SixPrizes Forum!
    I am a Senior in The US and I want to run Donphan/Mewtwo for Nationals!

Here is my list:

Pokemon - 10

4 Phanpy
    4 Donphan Prime
    2 Mewtwo EX

Energy - 10

7 Fighting Energy
    3 Double Colorless Energy

Trainers - 40

4 PONT
    4 Juniper
    2 N

2 Receiver
    3 Dual Ball
    2 Heavy Ball
    4 Max Potion
    2 Lost Remover
    3 Switch
    3 Rocky Helmet
    2 PlusPower
    1 Super Rod
    4 Pokemon Catcher
    4 Junk Arm

Are there any changes that you think I should make to the deck to make it better so I can have a good chance at Topping Nationals?

Thanks,
    Gavin
  2. Truong

Truong Simple. We burn the Durants. All of them.

I think the list is pretty solid. You don't need 4 Catcher most of the time and you could drop it for another Random Receiver. 3 Catcher is a solid amount and you can always Junk Arm for it if need be. I really like this idea because I love Donphan. :D
  3. Mr_Rumpleteezer

Mr_Rumpleteezer Hovercat Mod Staff Member

I ran this for States, actually.

Tornadus is going to give you a very rough time. You can put in a Zekrom BLW as a very hard counter, but just understand that it's only a hard counter and will get catcher/KO'd most of the time anyway. Nevertheless, I'd put him in.

I would go at least 3 PlusPower, and I would definitely keep the 4th Catcher. 4 Max Potion is overkill, especially with only 7 fighting energy. I would run at least 8, if not 9. I'm also a fan of 3 Heavy Ball.

My list for States was is as follows. Keep in mind this is pre-Dex. Hope all of this helped!

4-4 Donphan
    1 Zekrom
    2 Mewtwo

4 Juni
    4 PONT
    3 N
    4 Dual Ball
    4 JA
    4 Catcher
    3 Switch
    3 Heavy Ball
    3 PP
    2 Lost Remover
    1 Max Potion
    1 Super Rod
    1 Gear (Random Receiver now)

9 Fighting
    3 DCE
  4. Truong

Truong Simple. We burn the Durants. All of them.

Mr_Rumpleteezer has a point. Before DEX, all Donphan had to worry about was Tornadus EPO, but now you have Tornadus EX as well. You could rely on Mewtwo EX to "somewhat" Tornadus(s)? Or Tornadi, I don't know. Anywho, Mewtwo can handle them decently, but teching in the Zekrom would help a lot more.
  5. Ein

Ein The Mega Man Master

You still have to rely on your opponent doing damage to Zekrom to make him powerful against Tornadus. I have considered Zekrom as a Nadus counter, but that very reason is making me hesitant. How does it work out?
  6. beboppokedad

beboppokedad Well-Known Member

... i've yet to see someone find a good tech to counter tornadus-ex.

... good luck with one last ride on that quaking elephant!