Tier 2 (Del)RayBoar (Rayquaza EX, Emboar LTR, (Delphox XY))

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by Wrags23, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Alastair

Alastair Mr. Evil Dr. Porkchop

What am I doing now? The tournaments can all have good decks, no matter the concentration, and that is why I said that a report was best for the explanation of a good list.
    And yes, exactly what @Gelato said. Any other fixes you would suggest?
  2. onlyinAMERICA

onlyinAMERICA ...because I'm Batman.

I was being blunt earlier but I'll make it more constructive. I'm on my phone right now so I can go through it in more depth when I get home. But your supporter count is low for a list running no beaches. You won't get set up if you can't get into your deck.

Feel free to PM me and I'll look at it again as soon as I get home.

I'm sorry for being so aggressive. It's just how I am sometimes. I expect people to defend statements like that. I was a little out of line though and I apologize.
    Gelato and Alastair like this.
  3. Alastair

Thanks. And definitely looking for other additions/subtractions.
  4. Frosty79x

Frosty79x Member

I think I'll post my Beachless list here as well.

Pokemon: 14
    3x Rayquaza EX
    3x Tepig
    3x Emboar
    2x Fennekin
    2x Delphox
    1x Rayquaza

Trainers: 35
    4x N
    4x Skyla
    2x Juniper
    2x Shauna
    2x Colress

4x Ultra Ball
    4x Superior Energy Retrieval
    4x Rare Candy
    2x Professor's Letter
    2x Skyarrow Bridge
    2x Tool Scrapper
    1x Switch
    1x Escape Rope
    1x Dowsing Machine

Energy: 11
    8x Fire
    3x Lightning
  5. davidryuubryan

davidryuubryan Dark type Gym Leader

Ok ok. First I should of been more specific/literal/technical...u did say winning..but i didnt say what is was winning at..what was said and what was meant or 2 different thing.but yes..this a competive thread/forum..and people try to win worlds. But there has been rouge/league fun deck thread on this thread/forum.

Im Sry I got bent out if shape for earlier..I do take ur helpful advice and opinion since ur trying to help me win..but u can only.help a person so far..the rest is up to them. Sometimes some people want to do there own thing and not follow the meta and copy a deck card for card.[DOUBLEPOST=1398830357][/DOUBLEPOST]Lets just go back to having a fun talking about this great deck, what cool cards to put in and out matches with it. Pokemon tcg is still a game meant to be fun..not soo serious..
  6. onlyinAMERICA

You don't have to copy a deck card for card. You just make a deck on your own and you may be surprised at how similar lists can be. But you can always find subtleties that make decks different from one another. When I made my Genesect/Balloons list I ended up watching Pooka's video on youtube about it about a week later. Pooka's list looked really familiar to me only to find out after careful comparison my list was only 3 or 4 cards different. Sometimes things like that just happen.

People are going to butt heads and have misunderstandings sometimes no matter what environment you're in. It's getting past those that matter.
  7. pokemonguy

pokemonguy Making Bad Last-Minute Changes Since Nats 2014

Without beaches this deck is bad, in my testing both of the Rain Dance decks lost to Darkrai/Yveltal (The decks best matchup) because it couldn't get setup.
  8. davidryuubryan

Ive played this game since the
    Day it came out I didn't start getting into the hardcore stuff till bw. I've never played @big tournys. I always run what I wanted. I've always had a chip on my shoulder when someone said furret was weak..so now I train weak pokemon to be strong. I run my favs. That just who i am.

I guess I want to earn that win the good old fashion hard way..through hard work.. and making it on my own with no one holding my hard or riding with no training wheels.

Heck I really want to play this deck..cause my middle name is "Ray" and I love dragons..which I why I use the Japanese name for dragon "Ryuu".
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
  9. onlyinAMERICA

There's no real way to train weak Pokemon to be strong in this game. It's just a card game. The only training you can do is growing as a player and working on your own skills.

Nobody was being mean when they said not to play this deck at a large tournament without beaches. That was about the best advice anyone could have given you for playing the deck. The advice given is given with the thought that they are helping you get closer to a successful tournament run. That's all.

I'm not trying to sound mean when I say this but it sounds like you need to get over some things before trying to receive criticism again. If you have a "chip on your shoulder" just because someone tells you something is weak or not advisable then you might want to rethink some things and relax about it.
  10. Alastair

I think this is talking about the VG? Am I right?

And with all the tools at our disposal currently, sometimes a "bad" deck can be good and have as good or better a damage output than another deck.
  11. onlyinAMERICA

I don't think you quite got what I was saying. It's all about your own mental fortitude.
  12. Alastair

Oh, good point. The player makes his experience in the game what it will be, no matter what they run, if it is good.
  13. Frosty79x

Frosty79x Member

RayBoar can function without Beaches. It can die (and horribly) without Beaches, but when it sets up (which can be helped with a strong supporter line), the lack of Beaches doesn't matter most of the time. But that's just the thiong, it's a lot harder to get set up without Beaches. However, when I've played with Beaches, sometimes I won't get a Beach into play the beginning turns so I'm essentially setting up without them.
    hfechhelm and Gelato like this.
  14. Chaostamer

Chaostamer Active Member Staff Member

That's why you run four of 'em!
  15. Frosty79x

Frosty79x Member

I AIN'T GOTS DA MONEYS.
  16. Chaostamer

Chaostamer Active Member Staff Member

Blacksmith could be a viable tech in this deck to get a Reshiram or Delphox powered up under Garbotoxin.
  17. davidryuubryan

i taing out my 2-2 battle city \bicyle for about 3-4 tournados ex from plasma freeze. the 1 coloress windfall shuffle for 6 is not bad for a cheap tropical beach ansd i cant be removed as ez..with 180 weak to lightning. it can take a hit. sure u cant use it if u go first. but u can attack with it if need be.[DOUBLEPOST=1399193491][/DOUBLEPOST]and beach may say draw till 7 but a shuffle can be good sometimes..i would run plbtropius[DOUBLEPOST=1399193596][/DOUBLEPOST]but it takes one grass energy..not as splashable as Tournados EX.
    Last edited: May 4, 2014
  18. davidryuubryan

Does any think u can find something else as a substitute tropical beach..even if alittle weaker..as long as it get the same effect or helps u get set up?
  19. hfechhelm

hfechhelm The Swarm

How many tool scrapper would you recommend for this deck now that garbodor is not as good.
  20. Gelato

Gelato The Swarm

Since when has Garbodor been not as good? And it's usually 2 megaphone and a dowsing machine.
    Professor_N likes this.