Tier 1 Darkrai-EX, Terrakion NVI, Mewtwo-EX

Discussion in 'HS-on Archives' started by baby_mario, May 21, 2012.

1. Gelatin

Gelatin So soft and jiggly.

I'm guessing that the Bianca are for when your hand ends up very small. Considering he's got both Ultra Ball and Junk Arm to get Basic Darkness to the discard to charge up a Dark Patch, Bianca doesn't seem too bad of a choice.
  2. joshA11

joshA11 Member

But your hand will have to be 0 for you to get teh same benifit od cards PONT gives. Pont is a garrented 6 while bianca is shakey.
  3. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care Staff Member

If your opponent is using multiple Portraits to set up, what would you rather be holding: PONT or Bianca?

Not as simple as that. With PONT you shuffle in and can re-draw some of the same cards you didn't want. Bianca gives you straight draw so it's adding to what you already have.

Not saying Bianca is better, but it's a valid choice, especially in a deck that discards a lot.
    Reclamation likes this.
  4. Gelatin

True. I would probably have switched it to PONT while we still have him. Though I'm sure he had his reasons.
  5. joshA11

joshA11 Member

True he did have his reasoning, but like you sid I would rather run pont just becuase we have it and in a lot of cases its more cards into your hand.
  6. beboppokedad

beboppokedad Well-Known Member

It's not something an opponent wants to see with Smeargle.
  7. GreenPepper

GreenPepper Badly addicted to League of Legends

Would Prism Energy work in this?
  8. baby_mario

Yes, seeing as all your Pokemon are Basic. It would also make Terrak and Mewtwo free Retreaters with Darkrai on the Field.

Downside being that it's vulnerable to Lost Remover, and can't be got back with Super Rod. Most people prefer to run 1-2 Fighting and an Energy Search.
  9. lufan131

lufan131 Ed-ward? Big-bro-ther?

So, Here is my list, Any tips?
    4 Darkrai EX
    2 Absol TM
    2 Zoroark BW
    2 Zoroark DEX
    2 Zoroa DEX
    3 Carvanah TM-3 Sharpedo TM
    2 Victini NVI
    2 Mewtwo EX
    Trainers
    3Dark Claw
    3Dark Patch
    3Professor Oak's New Theory
    3Victory Cup
    3Seeker
    3N
    4Pokemon Catcher
    2Alph Lithograph (TR FOUR)
    Energy
    3 Special Dark
    11 Darkness Energy (BW 111)
    Strategy; Absol/Sharpedo is to counter big basics, I use Darkrai/Mewtwo otherwise.
  10. beboppokedad

Personally, since your list doesn't include Terrakion, I'd say it belongs on a different page.

Darkrai-EX - Terrakion is my deck to beat for Nats. boo-yah! :D

... wait, TWO alph lithos.... ooohhh baby... crazy stuff 3 victory cups? c'mon
  11. Seven777

Seven777 Member

yeaaaaaa i would agree with this one
  12. Seven777

Seven777 Member

Here is my list ..im having trouble finding room for things i like lol ..be gentle

Pokemon 10

3 Darkrai EX
    2 Terrakion NVI
    1 Mewtwo NXD
    3 Smeargle CL
    1 Shaymin UL

Trainer/Supporter 38

4 Junk arm
    4 Dark Patch
    3 Pokemon Catcher
    1 Eviolite
    1 Dark Claw
    3 Switch
    4 Dual Ball
    3 SSU
    2 Energy Switch
    2 Plus power
    1 Super Rod
    2 Random Reciever

4 Juniper
    3 Pont
    1 N

Energy 12

8 Dark
    4 Fighting
  13. wiki188

wiki188 Mrlightning

hmm looks pretty good, i'd probably drop the darkclaw for eviolite, maybe trade smeargle for another shaymin and change the n into a pont
  14. Seven777

Seven777 Member

i like the one n myself but ill try the smeargle and the eviolite thanks
  15. Gelatin

After messing around with some lists these past couple of evenings on PlayTCG against myself and a friend, I've come to really like the speed, power, and flexibility of this deck. SSU + Shaymin UL is quickly becoming one of my favorite plays. So here's the list I've come up with as of now. It probably looks pretty similar to a lot of lists out there since I don't think it needs too many outstanding techs besides 1-2 Terrakion NVI and 1-2 Mewtwo EX.

3 Darkrai EX
    3 Smeargle CL
    2 Shaymin UL
    1 Terrakion NVI
    1 Mewtwo EX
    1 Sableye DEX

4 Juniper
    3 PONT
    3 N
    2 Random Receiver
    3 Junk Arm
    4 Dark Patch
    3 Dual Ball
    3 Pokemon Catcher
    3 Super Scoop Up
    2 Ultra Ball
    2 Pluspower
    2 Eviolite
    1 Super Rod
    1 Max Potion
    1 Dark Claw

10 Darkness Energy
    2 Fighting Energy

I'm thinking about flipping my Smeargle and Shaymin count around and maybe beefing up the Darkrai count to 4. Dark Claw isn't always needed but I guess it can still help you put the pressure on. Only 3 Junk Arm because I sort of like the 1 Sableye DEX for the Junk Hunt to fish me out a couple of Dark Patch.

I'm really torn between running this deck or a Zeels deck for the LCQ at Worlds this year. From what I'm seeing, I can run this deck a lot smoother than I can my recent incarnations of Zeels and after seeing how successful Darkrai has become, I'm starting to think that this deck is the more consistent of the two top decks in format.
  16. beboppokedad

from my uninformed opinion, lists should have two shaymin and two terrakion.

going with only with of either is not cool in my view :cool:
  17. BokeG

BokeG Bronies Who play Pokemon are 20% Cooler!

This is the list i've been testing and it works pretty good, need help because I might take this to nats.

3 Mewtwo EX (ND 98)
    4 Terrakon (NV 99)
    2 Darkrai-EX (DE 107)
    1 Smeargle (CL 21)
    1 Shaymin (UL 8)

3 N (DE 96)
    3 Professor Juniper (DE 98)
    4 Professor Oak's New Theory (HGSS 101)
    4 Pokemon Catcher (EP 95)
    4 Junk Arm (TR 87)
    4 Exp Share (ND 87)
    3 Dark Patch (DE 93)
    2 PlusPower (BW 96)
    1 Super Rod (NV 95)
    2 Switch (BW 104)
    3 Dual Ball (UL 72)

5 Darkness Energy (BW 111)
    7 Fighting Energy (BW 110)
    4 Double Colorless Energy (ND 92)
  18. Truong

Truong Simple. We burn the Durants. All of them.

You have too many Mewtwo. Running 1 or 2 works fine. Now, from the list, I take that your deck is based around Darkrai teched into Terrakion instead of Terrakion teched into Darkrai? You could drop 2 Terrakion and add a Darkrai (that is, if you have one at your disposal). You could also lower the Fighting energy to 4-5 and add in more Dark Energy. 4 DCE is unnecessary unless you're including a Tornadus EX. N could be dropped to only 2 as well. For what you put in, it's up to you. You could add SSU, Eviolite, Dark Claw, or whatever you feel is necessary in the deck. :D
  19. baby_mario

I think you are in danger of changing his deck into something it isn't. That's understandable seeing as this is the Darkrai/Terrakion/Mewtwo thread, and BokeG's list seems to be more of a Terrakion/Mewtwo build with Darkrai there to give free Retreat/serve as a back up attacker.
  20. Truong

Truong Simple. We burn the Durants. All of them.

I know. I tried to keep his list the same as I could tell he was basing it around Terrakion, but like you said, it was in a Darkrai/Terrakion/Mewtwo thread so I put in some input about changes to create a D/T/M deck. My apologies BokeG.:oops: