Tier 2 Darkrai-EX, Hydreigon DRX 97

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by Serperior, Aug 14, 2013.

1. PokemonGeek

PokemonGeek Derp, Derp, Derpity Derp

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  2. PokemonGeek

PokemonGeek Derp, Derp, Derpity Derp

This is a more consistent list

3 Darkrai EX
    3 Hydreigon LTR
    1 Zweilous DRX
    3 Deino PLF
    2 Sableye DEX
    2 Virizion EX
    1 Giratina EX
    1 Mr. Mime
    4 Juniper
    4 N
    3 Random Receiver
    2 Bicycle
    1 Computer Search
    4 Rare Candy
    4 Ultra Ball
    4 Dark Patch
    2 Eviolite
    3 Max Potion
    1 Super Rod
    2 Tool Scrapper
    6 Darkness
    4 Blend GFPD
    1 Prism

As I said, this list leans more towards consistency, because as everyone knows, too many techs screw your deck.
  3. isaiah1989

isaiah1989 Active Member

darkrai garbodor almost always has autowin against hydreigon , its annoying.

how do u manage to beat darkrai garbodor decks
  4. Yankeefan1985

Yankeefan1985 Member

I think the only way is to run three scrapper of Dowsing Machine
  5. Reshiphlosion

Reshiphlosion The Swarm

2 Scrapper and dowsing machine is the minimum needed to have a chance against Garbodor. I suppose your best bet would be to actually chance a catcher KO on Trubbish/Garbodor if you can. Since most lists only run a 2-2 line with no Super Rod, if you can kill off one Garbodor then the odds are that you can keep it off of the field for most of the game.
  6. nemhess

nemhess New Member

I posted this on a deck help thread, I don't think it belongs there and I will delete it, here it goes.

I had this idea (I don't think I'm the only one who thought of this or if it's even worth to play). Has anyone thought of running this deck heavy focused onYveltal EX with:
    1 Darkrai EX only for free retreat, 4 Deinos, 2 or 3 Dark Trance Hydreigons(ltr-99) AND 1 or 2 Dark Aura Hydreigons(nxd-103) (I would go for a 3ltr-2nxd split). All darkness and Double Colorless Energies, no Blends because that would be 8 specials.
    The strategy would be attach DCEs to the darkness Hydreigon to move it later, if you anticipate a ko on your Yveltal EX just Y Ciclone a DCE back to that Hydreigon and you can move it later with Dark Trance. I know you can only do this once per Yveltal EX but if you move all the basic energy away and leave it with 1 darkness and one DCE, it will do 90 and get KOed only with one basic darkness. Plus the dark hydreigon has a decent spreading attack (once every million times you can get a 6prize-turn by knocking out the active EX and two damaged EXs in the bench) ok no that won't happen but the option is there :)
    I will try this later at my league.
  7. blargh257

blargh257 Is now Dedede.

That's... interesting. The issue is obviously getting both set up. Don't forget Sableye, he will be very helpful in doing so. If you have it (and most don't) Tropical Beach could also help.
  8. nemhess

nemhess New Member

I only have one Beach I don't think it's worthy to play just one
  9. blargh257

blargh257 Is now Dedede.

I would say it is. Just run four Skyla.
  10. onlyinAMERICA

onlyinAMERICA ...because I'm Batman.

You realize Dark Trance doesn't move DCEs right?
  11. pokemonguy

pokemonguy Making Bad Last-Minute Changes Since Nats 2014

I think he attaches them to the Highdriegon from NV that was reprinted as a secret are it what ever set.
  12. onlyinAMERICA

Does that work that way? Even though they become Dark while on Hydreigon does it work since they would go back to DCE's after moving them?
  13. pokemonguy

So he can move them later.
  14. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

They do become DCEs after moving them, but you can still move them once off the Hydreigon.
  15. onlyinAMERICA

The Hydreigon that makes them Darkness Energy right?
  16. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

@onlyinAMERICA ; The NXD Hydreigon (shiny in NXD) makes any Energy attached to it a Darkness Energy, so the DCEs turn into Double Darkness Energies only when attached to the NXD/NVI Hydreigon.
  17. onlyinAMERICA

So you can move them off of the Hydreigon but not back to the Hydreigon unless you use Y-Cyclone right?
  18. pokemonguy

That is the point.
  19. onlyinAMERICA

Okay I got it now. Just having a massive derp moment.
  20. infamizjoker

infamizjoker New Member

Does anybody think this deck is still competitive? I feel it takes a while to set up and still hard to beat other teir 1 decks like blastoise or speed lugia
    Is there any other way to make hydreigon better ?