Tier 2 Darkrai-EX, Chandelure NVI (BLW-on)

Discussion in 'HS-on Archives' started by peadawg14, Jul 8, 2012.

1. peadawg14

peadawg14 Member

I saw where someone played this at Nationals and decided to test it in the BW-On environment. I've been testing this on PlayTCG and the results are are meh...I'm about even in wins/losses.

13 Pokemon
    3 Darkrai EX
    4 Litwick Promo
    2 Lampent (luring light)
    3 Chandelure NVI
    1 Sableye DEX

35 T/S/S
    4 Professor Juniper
    4 N
    4 Cheren
    2 Eviolite
    2 Super Rod
    4 Switch
    4 Dark Patch
    4 Pokemon Catcher
    4 Rare Candy
    3 Ultra Ball

12 Darkness Energy

The idea is to spread damage while building up a Darkrai EX on the bench.
  2. RndmHerowZerow

RndmHerowZerow New Member

You have no intention of attacking with Chandy?

I think this looks like a blast to play, honestly.
  3. peadawg14

peadawg14 Member

No, Chandelure is there to spread damage with Cursed Shadow.
  4. RndmHerowZerow

RndmHerowZerow New Member

I see. Would Blend Energy find a spot in here after the new set releases? It would at least give you that option.
  5. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care Staff Member

You can't use Dark Patch with Blend Energy.

Speaking of that, I think you need some more Ultra Ball to improve searching and get some Dark in the discard.

You don't really build up Darkrai while using Chandy, your aim is to be attacking with Darkrai while using Cursed Shadow. That way you get Bench KO's or can take down a high HP Defending Pokemon. For that reason, Dark Claw is pretty good in this deck.
  6. beboppokedad

beboppokedad Well-Known Member

seems like a mess without junk arm and pokemon collector, but 60 to the bench in one turn is nasty
  7. peadawg14

peadawg14 Member

All decks are a mess w/out junk arm and dual ball/collector. It definitely takes some getting used to!!!

I've made a couple of changes.
  8. beboppokedad

well, i now bothered to check litwick promo so i guess that helps a little... i still think between getting chandelure out and keeping darkrai safe it could be a bit difficult. sorry if i was sunday night rude
  9. peadawg14

peadawg14 Member

No, not rude at all. And yes the promo Litwick does help a bit...that's why I run 4.

Playing without Junk Arm reeeaaaaally makes you think about what you Juniper away.
  10. darkwings

darkwings Never give the monkey a gun

when it comes out, you want tool scrapper. garbador kills this deck.
  11. baby_mario

Running Tool Scrapper is a good idea anyway (deals with Eviolite/Dark Claw/New Tools)

Garbodor on the other hand is massively overrated as a threat.
    Monferno, lufan131 and Gelatin like this.
  12. indercarnive

indercarnive Well-Known Member

tool scrapper is overrated. without junk arm who's gonna put in a space for a card they might not get to use but once. and even then you might only have it when you dont need it. garbodor im curious to see him play out. i honestly dont beleive him as that amazing. i meana a 2-2 line for him at least. and unless you plan on running quad bulls then why would you want to block powers. almost everything revolves around powers.
  13. baby_mario

Plenty of decks found space for Windstorm back in the day.

All depends on how much any particular Tool is going to hinder your deck.

I kind of agree on the Garbodor though. It's a lot of deck space for something that Catcher can deal with.
  14. peadawg14

peadawg14 Member

I definitely like Eviolite in this deck. Chandelure and 4 Switches suffice in place of Dark Claw just fine.
  15. Ziggmiceter

Ziggmiceter Ultimate 6P tournament procrastinator

I would consider one more Sableye.
  16. Charranitar

Charranitar Well-Known Member

I haven't tested this list at all, but just on conjecture, 4 Emolga seems like a really good play in this deck. Gives you a free retreat Pokemon to start the game with to get out all of your basics. Having Emolga in the active will allow you to have Darkrai benched to use Dark Patch.
    Ziggmiceter likes this.
  17. Ziggmiceter

yeah, emolga is needed in this deck
  18. beboppokedad

every deck seemingly will need emolga, that's why i'm looking for a good way to blow him up

i think tool scrapper can be a good ally, hard to time maybe, but it can get you the KO (trash eviolite), mess with energy (trash exp.share) as well as other random rocky helmet, big cloak, dark claw, etc. plays.

garbador seems pretty iffy, but maybe could find a clever place. something that could mess with darkrai, eelektrik, the new hydreigon, etc. seems a little tempting
  19. darkwings

darkwings Never give the monkey a gun

maybe run garbador with zebstrika nxd?
  20. Ziggmiceter

I think Garbador has a lot potential but people haven't found a good partner for it yet. Zebstrika doesn't do much damage and they'll eventually be able to charge up a Darkrai and Night Spear for a KO and sweep your feild.