BLW-on Deck Discussions

Discussion in 'HS-on Archives' started by steven112, Jun 15, 2012.

1. ussgordoncaptain

ussgordoncaptain Skeptical of new cards

... Shiftry NXD is a terrible card. it accomplishes nothing useful
  2. Zarco

Zarco Alternate format enthusiast

Flippy stage 2 (that you can't even candy for with Devo spray) for a decent-but-not-broken ability? No thanks.
  3. ussgordoncaptain

Thats my opinion on everything
    eggrolls likes this.
  4. 765Bro

765Bro Hibiki...~

I completely forgot you had to flip for it.
    Nevermind.
  5. pokemonguy

pokemonguy Making Bad Last-Minute Changes Since Nats 2014

Bro Your last post was post 300.
  6. Cilan

Cilan New Member

Actually, my friend is currently playing around with a Darkrai EX/Shiftry deck. It's quite a spicy recipe!
  7. ussgordoncaptain

Does it beat Darkai/Hydregion and Zekrom/eels over 55% of the time?
    Does it beat garchomp/Altaria over 60% of the time
    does it outspeed the entire format?
    Is it a unbreakable wall?
    Can it one hit ko 140 HP Dragon type pokemon?

Those are the questions you have to ask yourself before you play your pet deck.

at least 2 of those questions have to be yes for it to be playable. 3 if you want a good deck.
  8. Charranitar

Charranitar Well-Known Member

Arrogant is actually a good deck. I'm shocked and scared.
  9. Cilan

Cilan New Member

Shiftry isn't completely liable, and the deck is pretty inconsistent sometimes, but otherwise - when it works it runs you over. Also, I think the element of surprise is Shiftry's friend. A secret ingredient makes a good recipe.
  10. Angry_Brother

Angry_Brother Almost any 6p member is ueban

It can just shuffle all your opponents pokemon and after bad attack for ko lone pokemon.
  11. lucarioAdventure1

lucarioAdventure1 i swear on me mum

The surprise being your opponent wondering how many brain cells you have for running Shiftry. I have run flip reliant decks in the past and Shiftry is so bad that it hurts...
  12. thematteo0

thematteo0 The quintessentially British gentleman.

@Cilan- is their a list for this recipe and should i serve it with a side helping of cherrim's ?
  13. lufan131

lufan131 Ed-ward? Big-bro-ther?

Any Fliptini? Any sableye or hammers?
  14. Cilan

Cilan New Member

My friend has a pokémon recipe similar to this:
    4 Shiftry NXD
    2 Nuzlead NXD
    4 Seedot NXD
    2 Sableye DEX
    2 Darkrai EX DEX

He's using Sableye to abuse Rare Candies, Pokémon Catchers, Dark Patches, and so on... Darkrai EX is the main attacker + it serves free retreat. Keep getting those Shiftrys out, and your opponent will soon be less of a threat. Not quite a top tier deck, I must admit. However, when it's fully cooked, its taste is fantastic!
  15. lufan131

Does he have a fliptini or hammer? That would help, so would a full decklist. 4 rare candy is useful too.
  16. wiki188

wiki188 Mrlightning

17. thematteo0

thematteo0 The quintessentially British gentleman.

well i suppose taste is the main thing nuzlead though????? is it poisous (lead sure is)
    lufan131 likes this.
  18. Cilan

Cilan New Member

I think he's running a couple of hammers. Not quite certain of his recipe. He's certainly not running any fliptini though, as it wouldn't do a thing for Shiftry's ability.
  19. Charranitar

Charranitar Well-Known Member

I haven't used the attack yet in testing. 3 energy is steep. I'm just playing it with 4 Durant and a 3-3-3 Aggron line. I had a 4-4-4 line originally, but found that as being too much since you usually will only have 2 bench spots available for Aggron lines.

My focus is mill with Devour and then mill with Toppling Wind. I would have to fit in stuff like Exp. Share to make Lairon's attack roth using it, and then it becomes an easy Mewtwo KO if you do get the three energy on it. I just want to get 3-7 card mills off for most of the game, and then you generally go for your opponent's juggular with back to back turns of 9-10 card mills with the double Aggron / Devour turns.
  20. lufan131

Devolution spray?