BLW-on Deck Discussions

Discussion in 'HS-on Archives' started by steven112, Jun 15, 2012.

1. steven112

steven112 Raquaza EX is beast

2. cabd

cabd Taking over for Tamoo as the girly looking mod. Staff Member

I'm going to sticky this thread and modify the title a bit.

Please keep all BLW-on deck discussion that does not fall under one of our current deck sections here. If it is competitive enough to warrant its own thread, the mods will make one.
  3. Truong

Truong Simple. We burn the Durants. All of them.

It won't necessarily slow the format down too much. We'll still access to Professor Juniper, Cheren, and Bianca; cards which are becoming bigger because of the speed needed in our formats. However, even if the format slows, Stage 2 decks may make a comeback. :D
    This means we lose Junk Arm though, so players will now have to play items sparingly, or maybe Sableye DEX will become just as good as before. Yes, I'm looking at you Sableye SF.
  4. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care Staff Member

The format will be very different, that's for sure.

No Jarm means that the discard pile is no longer a place where your Trainers just became searchable.

I'm not convinced it will slow down much, or even at all. Certain Stage 2s will be playable, but that will be because they are good enough to work in the format. The vast majority of them will still be outpaced by Darkrai, Eels, Terrakion/Mewtwo etc, and now they won't even have Vileplume to help them out.
    Reclamation likes this.
  5. Gelatin

Gelatin So soft and jiggly.

Lack of Jarm could help Stage 2s keep up without having their babbies Catcher'd out of nowhere for a quick KO. Many decks will have to run thicker Trainer lines and I can see Max Potion fitting into a lot of decks.

Since we have a general idea of what will be available in Dragons Exalted, I want to try and play a deck centered around spread damage with Registeel EX and Kyurem NVI using Klinklang BW (and maybe Darkrai EX for the free retreat with Prism). No idea how competitive it could be but Blend Energy WLFM will definitely help it out
    Joai likes this.
  6. steven112

If by babies you mean cleffa then you can't use him anymore next season, but if you mean basic pokemon then yeah your right it could help stage 2 decks a lot. The opponent can still have catchers in their hand though but can only use them 4 times a game this time. I would save it for something else unless it can make you win the game.
  7. peadawg14

peadawg14 Member

I can't wait to try out Garchomp/Altaria. Hopefully we get the good Gabite in the August set.
  8. Gelatin

Yeah, I meant the basics. Regardless, Stage 2 decks still can't allow their basics to be bench-warming for too long. Especially with Gible and Swablu being so tiny (50 HP and 30 HP, iirc). But I guess that's more of general rule than anything new.
  9. peadawg14

peadawg14 Member

It's a bummer that the 2013 season starts on July 9th...people that go to worlds get a head start in CPs.

Unless I'm reading it wrong....
  10. baby_mario

People that make Top 32 at Worlds get a head start, yes. But seeing as that is only 32 people in the entire World, plus they earned it . . . I don't see anything wrong with that.
    JadeEspeon and Sceptile King like this.
  11. peadawg14

peadawg14 Member

IDK in my opinion everyone should start over when a new season begins. You don't the Superbowl Champion starting the next season w/ a 2-win head start.
  12. steven112

That is at the super bowl though and this is pokemon. You should try to make it to top 32 at worlds than and see how easy it is to get there. Those people get it because they are really good at this game and spent their money to get where they are.
  13. baby_mario

The Top 4 at Worlds always got an invite and a trip to the next one, so your analogy is pretty much fail anyway. I don't know much about US sports, but I doubt that the same system applies to the Superbowl.

Outside of the top 4, the CPs aren't really all that much. Make top 16 (which is a big achievement) and you get 6 CPs . . . the equivalent of winning 3 BRs.
  14. steven112

It;s easier winning 3 BR than getting top 16 at Worlds. I think they need to fix that and give top 4 40 championship points(they already get a free trip to worlds and invite), top8 25 CP, top12 20CP, top16 15 CP.
  15. peadawg14

peadawg14 Member

I didn't know that about the top 4 get an invite the next year (this is my 1st season). N/m then.
  16. Gelatin

I thought that was his point; that the winners of the top players should be rewarded with the points for doing so well in such a large event. It'll give them a sort of incentive to continue playing in the next season, I suppose. I'm still pretty new to how this point system works but that's just my thoughts on the topic.

And at least you guys have access to multiple events to rack up championship points :p
  17. steven112

This is my first season also. I started in August last year.
  18. pho

pho Active Member

I'm kind of not excited for the next format. I have a feeling about max potion abuse being very annoying soon.
  19. Truong

Truong Simple. We burn the Durants. All of them.

A slow format is honestly a really big assumption. Yes, we'll have Stage 2's, but that doesn't necessarily make the format slow.
  20. Aklys

Aklys Skyla = BCIF comp search = BCE

A lot of the decks I have been seeing are using Sableye as a pseudo jarm if they can afford the easy prize in the JPN articles. Especially with the hydreigon darkrai variant we will soon see a lot of I assume in the BW-on format. With Jarm gone i do wholeheartedly think the game will slow down. I do wish however that they would reprint twins for sake of stage 2 decks. Or at least give them something, maybe even just a better PETM.