League/Fun Bioster's Round Deck (Seismitoad NVI, Wigglytuff NDE)

Discussion in 'HS-on Archives' started by Bioster, Mar 22, 2012.

1. ZodiacLion

ZodiacLion New Member

Smeargle would be a great consistency booster, but using him poses the same problem as using pichu: he takes up a bench spot. In order for this deck to be any sort of threat to other decks, it HAS to have all 5 bench spots taken up by pokes with the round attack. Also, you need a minimum of 8 hand refresh supporters so that you can refresh you hand every turn.
    Bioster likes this.
  2. beboppokedad

beboppokedad Well-Known Member

i don't know, but i think twins is realistic, and yes a smeargle takes a spot, but at the same time this deck will fall behind early, and won't occupy all six spots with rounders until a few KOs have taken place, i think it needs some more good starters
  3. ZodiacLion

ZodiacLion New Member

Twins could be solid in here, but the problem with running any pokes other than ones with round is that once your opponent realizes you're playing round swarm, they'll let that other poke sit on the bench to lower your damage cap (I ran into that problem when using pichu as my starter. While he is amazing for the deck, he makes rounds damage cap 150). I even tried using seeker and super scoop up, but they ended up making my consistency worse.
    beboppokedad likes this.
  4. beboppokedad

I see your point... seems then another super rod or revive is needed. with only 8 basics, after 2-3 KOs the bench is drying up.

Seems like Lost Remover can haunt this deck too, not even because of DCE, but zoning a Rescue Energy or two can pull the plug.
  5. ZodiacLion

ZodiacLion New Member

I'll post my initial list when I get home and have access to it, and then add the changes I'm considering making to it.
  6. ZodiacLion

ZodiacLion New Member

Ok I'm here with my list.

4-3-4 Seismitoad NVI
    4-4 Wigglytuff
    2 Pichu

4 PONT
    3 Juniper
    2 Copycat
    4 Level Ball
    3 Heavy Ball
    3 Junk Arm
    2 Pokemon Catcher
    2 Super Rod
    2 Switch
    3 Rare Candy

4 DCE
    6 Water
    1 Rescue Energy

Now for changes, I'm gonna swap the copycat for N, and I will probably add dual ball for pichu for reasons mentioned earlier, and something else just don't know what. Any other suggestions are welcome, maybe another opinion will help.
  7. beboppokedad

as you have no poke collectors, you better add a lot of dual balls if you ditch pichu, and hope you don't get many tails or it could be a harsh game. just my ramblings... but i'd guess without pichus or poke collectors, this deck will struggle
  8. ZodiacLion

ZodiacLion New Member

I plan on maxing out the dual balls, but you might be surprised to know it really isn't that hard to get pokes out. Considering that level ball searches out everything except seismitoad. I'm thinking drop the pichus, and a palpitoad for three, but can't figure out the fourth card to switch out. Maybe ill try using just 3 level ball.
  9. SushiniLuxRay

SushiniLuxRay so i catcher vileplume....wait i cant do that?

would the new emolga work in this deck? I like the call for family.
  10. coolestman22

coolestman22 Now Has Techron

Should this be given a tier now?
  11. SushiniLuxRay

i have been playing this deck at leagues and its doing pretty good actually,been able to get off 180 damage more than once so far.so what would this deck be tier'd with the format taking a turn towards stage 2s?
  12. coolestman22

coolestman22 Now Has Techron

Tier 3 probably, you still have to set up a bunch of Pokemon and you don't have Collector anymore come September.
  13. SushiniLuxRay

true.i find it not hard at all to get my bench set up even against zekeel or cmt,but i wonder how that would work out after september.
  14. SushiniLuxRay

woot explode is the new round attacker in cold flare!! 50x :D
  15. beboppokedad

can't see much good happening for this deck frankly :(
  16. SushiniLuxRay

who knows what the future holds.so far at my locals its not just keeping up but sometimes out speeding other big basic decks.but again who knows what the future holds :3