Base Set Charizard Deck for Unlimited

Discussion in 'Deck Help & Development' started by TheChronophobe, Mar 7, 2011.

1. TheChronophobe

TheChronophobe New Member

This deck isn't designed for formal play at all. Base set Charizard is just fun to kill friends with. (Not literally.)

Pokemon 20
    1 Charizard Base Set
    2 Charmeleon Base Set
    4 Charmander Base Set
    1 Arcanine Base Set
    2 Growlithe Base Set
    1 Ninetales Base Set
    2 Vulpix Base Set
    3 Magmar Fossil
    1 Electrode Base Set
    1 Voltorb Base Set
    2 Drowzee Rocket

Trainers 20
    4 Pokeball
    4 Energy Retrieval
    3 Energy Removal
    2 Energy Search
    2 Super Potion
    2 Bill
    2 Switch
    1 Scoop Up

Energy 20
    20 Fire

Load up Charizard with fire energies, and 100 damage everything. If needed, Arcanine and Ninetales are there for some high damage output too. Magmar is a good starter, because smokescreen can really piss opponents off. Electrode's buzzap adds 2 energies to Charizard, which always helps. And Drowzee can use long distance hypnosis to win some free turns!
  2. Oddjob

Oddjob Member

Quite a few things to mention here.

First off, I will assume that although you say "unlimited" you are sticking to first generation cards or the classic sets (Base, Jungle, Fossil, Rocket).

Now then, with that out of the way, never run 4-2-1 line. Yucky. Run a 3-1-3 or 4-2-4 with Pokebreeders thrown in.

Now then, I would take out all the other Pokemon except Fossil Magmar and run four of them. I tried the Rocket Voltorb / Base Electrode tech but it was never really necessary once I replaced them with 4 Electabuzzes.

Take out Pokeball and Super Potion and 3 Energy Retrieval. Always run at least 2 to 3 of Oak, Comp Search, and Item Finder for draw power and easy deck/discard access. Add two more Bill and at least 3 to 4 Gust of Wind to snipe out and destroy. The classic sets have broken trainer cards - make good use of them.

For Energy, run at least 4 DCE (these cards are MADE for Charizard) as you can two turn power him up. 20 fire is way too much.

Here is my Charizard deck I play with against friends:
    4 Magmar
    4 Electabuzz
    3 Charmander
    1 Charmeleon
    3 Charizard

4 Bill
    3 PlusPower
    3 Comp Search
    3 Itemfinder
    3 Pokemon Breeder
    3 Gust of Wind
    3 Oak
    2 Scoop Up
    1 Energy Search
    1 Switch
    1 Energy Retrieval

9 Fire
    5 Electric
    4 DCE

Hope all that helps. I love playing classic cards and hope to see more people who do.