Aromatisse/M Kangaskhan EX

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by Floral, May 10, 2014.

1. yoyos

yoyos delicious hot potatos

I don't know why you couldn't just get rid of the switch for the megaphone, 1 fliptini is all you need. I use 2 deoxys for 2 reasons again, wins the mewtwo matchup, isn't hard to setup and also beats the yveltal matchup against megaK, the 1 thundy I never usually end up using until late game to either setup or tank a hit for a mega kang it's well worth it. suicune/sigi cards for stall, I did try that at 1 to find that it wasn't that consistent to play all the time 2 is just a gamble on deck space.
  2. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

You use two Deoxys? Are we playing the same deck? I hope you are using a lot more than just 1 Thundurus to go along with those Deoxys. Actually I don't, I just hope you chose to play Mewtwo instead which does literally everything you said Deoxys does (excluding buffing Thundurus), but doesn't require a Plasma Energy to do it.
  3. Yankeefan1985

Yankeefan1985 Member

N
    Nice list N very close to mine hows your testing went?[DOUBLEPOST=1401591470][/DOUBLEPOST]I don't understand trying to fit fairy box with Khan play one or the other imo
  4. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

That is not my list. That is your list that I took the Victini's out of as an example of what I would do when taking out Victini from a list.
    Yankeefan1985 likes this.
  5. Tax_collecter

Tax_collecter Active Member

New list.
    Pokemon:16
    2 Xerneas
    2-2 Aromatissie
    3-2 Mega Kangaskhan EX
    2 Mewtwo EX
    1 Victini
    1 Druddigon
    1 Jirachi EX

Supporters: 14
    4 Juniper
    4 N
    3 Skyla
    2 Colress
    1 Lysandre

Trainer:19
    3 Ultra Ball
    1 Level Ball
    1 Heavy Ball
    3 Max Potion
    3 Muscle Band
    2 Surprise Megaphone
    1 Switch
    1 Super Rod
    1 Dowsing Machine
    3 Fairy Garden

Energy: 11
    11 Fairy
    Yankeefan1985 likes this.
  6. PokemonGeek

PokemonGeek Derp, Derp, Derpity Derp

@Tax_collecter Do you really need Victini? It doesn't seem to be necessary.
  7. Tax_collecter

It's been working amazingly for me and I'm not dropping it.
    Floral likes this.
  8. PokemonGeek

@Tax_collecter that maybe the case. I was just saying that you probably wouldn't need it.
  9. Tax_collecter

You could say that, but I've scored so many OHKO's with the Victini that wouldn't happen without it.
  10. Otaku

Otaku Well-Known Member

How are you defining "need"?

He won't die if he stops running it. He may or may not lose more/win less without it, so what is the better card to replace it with?

I am all for cutting out hopeless cards in a competitive deck: "for fun" and you can indulge in things you want to run "just because". Still, the concept here is sound and it boils down to how much you can stomach relying on "luck". In this case, it isn't even full on luck but allowing Victory Star reflips to slightly bump up the damage from Wham Bam Punch (and @baby_mario is right, that is an awesome name). It isn't much, but half the time (on its own) said attack should hit for 130+: Victini improves the odds of hitting that over a flat 100. Ideally it would be a more critical juncture (going from 2HKO to OHKO without even more cards required), but it still seems to help more than hurt.

Don't forget that the threat of being able to score a "lucky" OHKO is important as well.
    Floral likes this.
  11. PokemonGeek

Just highlighting that I've been able to do well w/out Victini.
  12. Otaku

Otaku Well-Known Member

...and Tax_Collector states that he is doing well in part because of Victini; not sure if anyone was arguing that Victini was essential, rather someone who ran it was defending their decision, and based on what they say (and looking at it myself from the outside), it makes a decent amount of sense.

However I do not consider it essential to the deck; it is the kind of thing that could easily be cut if (for example) adapting to the local metagame was more important.
  13. PokemonGeek

OK, thanks for clarifying this.
  14. Otaku

Otaku Well-Known Member

Thanks for asking; going back I wasn't very clear on the matter, and "overstating" things is one of the reasons I get into such long winded discussions that never needed to take place. XD
  15. PokemonGeek

Otaku, the master of long-winded posts.
  16. Yankeefan1985

Yankeefan1985 Member

I also love Victini missed the flip come back hit two and one shot with band. It really can help those bad flips I've also not found anything thats just so much better that I should run. My only issue ive had with this deck is speed and garbodor decks
  17. Floral

Floral Member

Congrats to this deck coming in 3rd place at Worlds in the Master divison!!
  18. hfechhelm

hfechhelm The Swarm

Agreed, thought it was dead with landerous.