Aromatisse/M Kangaskhan EX

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by Floral, May 10, 2014.

1. Ein

Ein The Mega Man Master

Have seen some running an Evo Soda in this. Seems like it could be useful if you are running a 1-1 Surpluff. Then again, level ball works just fine and can grab Fliptini. The only benefit to evo here would be another out to get the Mega. It works, but it might not be worth dropping a level/ultra ball for. Maybe if Archeops/Pyroar gets scary consistent.
  2. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

The reason why an Evosoda is good is because it can be a quick and easy search from something like a Skyla for a turn 2, turn 3 Aromatisse OR M Kangaskhan EX. It's a really nice option to have, and makes it so you don't have to draw into the Mega or discard 2 cards with Ultra Ball. It's good as a 1-of, but adding 2 or even 3 would cut deep into the consistency of the deck.

And if anyone is unsure, Mega Evolving with Evosoda does still end your turn.
  3. yoyos

yoyos delicious hot potatos

Though evo soda does work I like to play thundurus to combat the discard scenario, if you have enough exp with the basics of plasma that's its fundamental approach, though evo soda would make for a fairly universal play in the list, would it be also be worthy to consider ditto of the same thing in theory.
  4. Professor_N

You like using Thundurus... in a deck that doesn't run Team Plasma Pokemon? Perhaps I don't understand what you are getting at there. Ditto isn't useful really, you don't need to get a Mega Kangaskhan in a single turn only to have your turn be ended.
  5. CyrusTyler

CyrusTyler Skill Level: Average Plebian

I, too, am confused. Thundurus only works with Plasma Pokemon, and without Deoxys his attack power is rather subpar; Muscle Band is a different story, and it goes back to what Otaku said last page. Unless there's Plasma techs that fit into this deck I'm missing?
  6. Otaku

Otaku Well-Known Member

Relating to my own earlier post, I had another thought: Exp. All.

Obviously it is a huge target for Startling Megaphone/Tool Scrapper... but in an Energy Trans style deck it doesn't even have to be on the Active. If you can just figure out how to "bait out" the aforementioned Tool removing Item cards, many decks would then be stuck dealing with one or two of three Items they will regret you retaining.
  7. Yankeefan1985

Yankeefan1985 Member

Pokémon – 16

2 Spritzee XY
    2 Aromatisse XY
    3 Kangaskhan-EX
    2 M-Kangaskhan-EX
    2 Xerneas XY
    1 Druddigon FF
    2 Victini LTR
    2 Mewtwo

Trainers – 32

4 Professor Sycamore
    4 N
    3 Skyla
    2 Colress
    1 Lysandre
    2 Ultra Ball
    1 Level Ball
    1 Heavy Ball
    3 Max Potion
    3 Muscle Band
    1 Switch
    1 Escape Rope
    1 Super Rod
    1 Dowsing Machine
    1 Starting Megaphone

3 Fairy Garden

Energy – 12

12 Fairy
    So far the list has worked out great for me did have one DCE but took it out. If you get Xerneas out like you should you really don't need it, with Max Potion I was just discarding it anyway. I also just added the second Victini as I was having issues getting it on the field or being prized.
  8. PokemonGeek

PokemonGeek Derp, Derp, Derpity Derp

Let's not forget that Break Through can be used to get early damage on the board.
    yeah, but 2 M Kanga is probably a safe bet.
    Unless, of course, your name is Pooka...
  9. Yankeefan1985

Yankeefan1985 Member

I love Mewtwo myself so much more in testing helps so much against Yveltel decks over Xerneas EX. I never would run three megas I think only once have even had two out at once.
    Last edited: May 29, 2014
  10. Professor_N

It surely is a necessity for this deck. However, I feel that Victini LTR is not. I don't play even one in my deck that I am testing with.
  11. PokemonGeek

Yeah, but Victini gives a better chance of getting a KO.
  12. Professor_N

Not by much. The one or two spots can be better used.
  13. PokemonGeek

Meh...
  14. Otaku

Otaku Well-Known Member

By what? I want to remain "neutral" on the matter as I have so little firsthand knowledge, but also want to understand. Is there anything specific? What of the generic "wish I had an open Bench slot for it" cards might you be thinking of?
  15. Yankeefan1985

Yankeefan1985 Member

I can see dropping one Victini but not both im thinking about going back to one. Maybe to fit in a level ball or ever evo soda as it works in the deck. That reset though has won me games and it goes with the Mega as well as the ex Khan. At one point I had three regular Xernas but dropped as it wasn't needed.
  16. pokemonguy

pokemonguy Making Bad Last-Minute Changes Since Nats 2014

The best way to play this deck is to play stuff like Landy and other FairyBox attackers in here and it means you don't rely on Mega K as much.[DOUBLEPOST=1401379169][/DOUBLEPOST]Pokemon 16
    2 Spritze
    2 Aromatisse
    2 Kangaskhan EX
    2 M Kangaskhan EX
    2 Landurus EX
    1 Thundurus EX
    1 Genesect EX
    1 Yveltal EX
    1 Virizion EX
    1 Entei EX
    1 Darkrai EX

Trainers 32
    4 Juniper
    4 N
    3 Skyla
    2 Colress
    1 Lysandre
    3 Ultra Ball
    2 Level Ball
    3 Muscle Band
    3 Max Potion
    2 Tool Scrapper
    2 Fairy Garden
    1 Dowsing Machine
    1 Switch
    1 Super Rod

Energy 12
    4 Fairy
    3 Prism
    3 Rainbow
    2 Plasma
    Last edited: May 29, 2014
  17. Drench

Drench Active Member

Then you realize you would rather not use kangaskhan at all. And it turns back into regular fairy box.

You're just playing a deck in between both ideas, which isn't optimal.
    Salamencetrainer34 likes this.
  18. pokemonguy

pokemonguy Making Bad Last-Minute Changes Since Nats 2014

I wish my friend Yasin was on here, he played this deck at Nats. This way works, it hits hard and doesn't get KO'd by OHKO attackers.
  19. Professor_N

Victini doesn't pull it's weight enough. Being able to reflip most of the time ends in the same outcome as the first flips, or even worse. You'll need to hit 3 Heads without a Muscle Band or two with a Muscle Band and even if you get to flip more than one time, it's difficult to pull off (although I have lucked out myself and done it the first time flipping once or twice). If you want me to look at Yankeefans' exact list to make the changes I would make with cutting Victini, sure, but I can't just say what they should always be cut for because lists vary.
    Removed cards (Victini) are striked, added cards bolded. Now the deck should run more consistently, and you will find that Victini is not missed at all.
  20. Ein

Ein The Mega Man Master

I like 1 Fliptini in here. Landing an OHKO with Kang can put the game away relatively early and since HypnoBank can't fit in here, Victini is the only way to increase the odds of a one-shot. In no way does the deck need Fliptini to function, but I find the potential reward worth the 1 card.

Seen a few lists running a Sigilyph to switch into for the Mega Evolve and to set-up stall, but that seems ineffective in a format littered with Garbodor and non-ex attackers. Better off just tanking the hit and using Max Potion next turn.