Aromatisse/M Kangaskhan EX

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by Floral, May 10, 2014.

1. Floral

Floral Member

Pokémon – 14

2 Spritzee XY
    2 Aromatisse XY
    3 Kangaskhan-EX
    3 M-Kangaskhan-EX
    2 Xerneas XY
    1 Druddigon FF
    2 Victini LTR

Trainers – 33

4 Professor Sycamore
    4 N
    3 Skyla
    2 Colress

3 Ultra Ball
    1 Level Ball
    3 Max Potion
    3 Muscle Band
    2 Switch
    2 Float Stone
    1 Super Rod
    1 Dowsing Machine

3 Fairy Garden

Energy – 13

9 Fairy
    4 Double Colorless

The goal of the deck is to Geomancy T1 or T2 to get fairy energy onto the field. When you have 3+ fairy energy on the field you mega evolve into Mega Kanga. Move 3 energy onto M Kanga with Aromatisse. You want to use Victini LTR to flip again if you do not hit 2/3 heads. Next turn, move off all the energy from M Kanga and heal with Max potion. The Druddigon is use for the Rain Dance match ups.
    OshaWaterBottle likes this.
  2. ThePirateKingAtomsk

ThePirateKingAtomsk Red Haze Stalker

You will not need that many Megas. Play keldeo and/or virizion with prism. Just to deal with lasers and the new ability to lock pokemon in with Dragagle + poison. Heavy Ball gets you Khan in one card. Consider it.
  3. OshaWaterBottle

OshaWaterBottle Active Member

3/2 line would be better, however, Pooka did prize em both. :)
  4. DGS87

DGS87 New Member

1 Xerneas-EX would be good
  5. Floral

Floral Member

Yeah I could
    -1 M Kanga
    -3 fairy energy

+1 Virizon EX
    +3 Prism energy[DOUBLEPOST=1399809459][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I am underwhelmed by Xerneas EX. It's attack is below average right now.
  6. Yankeefan1985

Yankeefan1985 Member

Play tested this some last night like it just looking at a few changes I think need Virizon and the prism as a must. With this i think your best bet is getting out baby Xerneas, im looking at dropping the DCE you end up max potioning them off alot of times. Xerneas EX looking at dropping also I always end up attacking with a Khan or baby. Lastly I really think one Fliptini is enough with level ball the search it out and a rod if need be, I played 5 games with this and never needed two.
  7. ThePirateKingAtomsk

Everything Yankee pointed out is very valid. I say play 2 DCE even still. They really allow you to catch 22 your opponent.
  8. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care Staff Member

I tried this with a bunch of techs including anti-Poison stuff and found it way too clunky.

Stripped it back to Kangaskan/Aromatisse with a couple of tech attackers and found that it runs a whole lot better.
    Krusiv and Otaku like this.
  9. ThePirateKingAtomsk

Did you just end up playing Slurpuff?
  10. baby_mario

Nope, and I don't play Virizion either.
  11. ThePirateKingAtomsk

You just retreat from the poison?
  12. baby_mario

Fairy Garden gives free retreat, and I can heal off any damage without having to discard Energy. Faffing around with a 1-1 Slurpuff or Prism Energy just seems unnecessary. I would rather have the Bench space for something else too.

There isn't much that is going to do 200 and then OHKO M Khan with the help of LaserBank. BKEX decks don't have the space, Yveltal still needs so much Energy that it gets easily revenged by Mewtwo (which I recommend btw).
  13. Floral

Floral Member

I found the two biggest weaknesses of this deck are Yvetal EX and Lysandre. One big Yvetal has sweeping capabilities. Lysandre can bring up Aromatisse and hurt M kanga.
  14. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

Mewtwo EX is a great idea, I'll test that out, because every game I tested with Henry Prior's UG list I ended up losing hard to Yveltal EX decks.
  15. Yankeefan1985

Yankeefan1985 Member

How many switch do you run if any or escape Ropes? Do you run Keldeo with the float Stones?[DOUBLEPOST=1400044320][/DOUBLEPOST]I played a Yveltal deck with Garbo three times and won all three. First game through out was a donk had a khan went first he had sable eye got nothing turn two KO. Second game still did well got Mega Khan turn two was able to sweep with Wam Bam with Fliptini hit two heads with band and koed Yveltal. It really just comes down to flips I can say I am going to pop in Mewtwo EX asap and drop Xerenas EX really don't like it in the deck. I know one difference I also run two heavy balls in my list.[DOUBLEPOST=1400044820][/DOUBLEPOST]Anyone look at Aspertia Gym also to tank up mega khan?
    Last edited: May 14, 2014
  16. baby_mario

I run 1 Switch.
    Yankeefan1985 likes this.
  17. Professor_N

You don't need Aspertia City Gym to help tank with M-Kangaskhan. It already has 230 HP.

EDIT: I've been testing out Mewtwo EX in the deck and it really does take it to Yveltal EX. I've beat my Yveltal/Garbodor deck twice, and I just noticed that I don't have an ACE SPEC in the M Kangaskhan deck.
    Last edited: May 14, 2014
  18. Yankeefan1985

Yankeefan1985 Member

Yeah he's so much better to me in this deck over the Xerenas EX as another attacker. I do now run three baby Xerenas but I cut down to one DCE thinking about cutting the line not sure. I end up using max potion and knocking it off every time. Get that spec in I run dowsing machine myself just love the card.
  19. Chaostamer

Chaostamer Active Member Staff Member

I could see Genesect decks becoming a problem if they start running LaserBank again. G Booster plus LaserBank hits that 230. That said, I don't think it's worth it to tech in Virizion-EX or Slurpuff. Rayquaza-EX is also an obvious problem and might warrant the use of a Druddigon.
    DGS87 likes this.
  20. Professor_N

Yes, I do run a single Druddigon for the Rayquaza EX threat. Problem is they run more Rayquaza than you do Druddigon. It'll be a tough match up, but it can be won. I don't see Genesect decks running LaserBank again with everyone super focused on getting T2 Emerald Slash and nothing else. Perhaps they will if this deck becomes popular, though.