Rogue Aegislash-The Kings Shield

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by ShinyEevee, Mar 30, 2014.

1. ShinyEevee

ShinyEevee The not so shiny

I didn't see a thread for this rouge variant.

Pokemon 15

4-1-3/1 Aegislash (3 king shield)

3 victini ex

1 Mewtwo ex

1Keldeo

1 jirachi ex

Supporters 13

4 Sycamore

4 N

3 Colress

2 Skyla

Items 17

4 Float stone

2 heavy ball

1 level ball

2 switch

2 ultra ball

4 rare candy

1 tool scrapper

1 super rod

Ace spec
    1 Victory piece

Energy
    6 metal
    4 fire
    4 double colorless

Edit:
    Its a simple lock deck. You use Victini Ex to charge up your Aegislash. Four energy is a steep climb if you have to put them on one at a time. The set up requires you to find a way to constantly be able to retreat and replace your Aegislash. Keldeo ex+Float stone is the simplest way to achieve this. Aegislash with float stone + any other pokemon with float stone also works. However this makes you easy scrapper bait.

King's Shield gives your aegislash protection from any damage. However you cannot use it multiple times in a row but we were lucky enough that the creators of the card worded it as "this pokemon" rather than "Aegislash". Which means that the attack can be "re-set" so to speak by retreating it. In this way you can continuously attack with King's Shield to hopefully lock down your opponent and win.

Notable problems.
    1) Hypnotoxic Laser. Though if you can retreat with Keldeo's rush in then its not really an issue.

2) Tool scrapper makes it difficult to continuously retreat as the whole of the strategy is contingent upon float stone.

3) Garbodor garbotoxin. If it cancels out keldeo's rush in then it is problematic.

4) Bench hitting attacks such as Darkrai ex.

5) Pokemon catcher or Gensect Ex's "red signal"

You have to make effort to play around the problems and while playing this deck you will fall behind on the prize war but should win after you lock.

Possible Inclusions
    - Hypnotoxic Laser. I did not include this as it complicates things and urges us to play stadiums in a tight listed deck.

- Pokemon Catcher. You shouldn't care what you hit when you get the lock going. But its always nice to choose how things die.

- Muscle Band. It can give your King's shield a 3hko instead of a 4hko against big Ex's.
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
    therocket290 and baby_mario like this.
  2. snscompt1

snscompt1 The worst Mafia player ever.

Salamencetrainer34 likes this.
  3. LotadzRepic

LotadzRepic New Member

You should play spiritomb so your opponent can't play g booster.
    ThePirateKingAtomsk likes this.
  4. ShinyEevee

lol
    Genesect dies to Victinic Ex in a 1HKO which is what I usually fall back on for those pesky genesect matches. though Spiritomb would be an interesting choice. What would you suggest be replaced?
  5. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

I would run 2 Keldeo EX. Catcher is still a thing and if someone can Catcher your Keldeo EX and give it a status effect or even KO it, then you are in bad shape.
  6. LotadzRepic

LotadzRepic New Member

Maybe a switch? You already play 4 float stone so 2 switch seems like a lot
  7. SoldiersSpirit

SoldiersSpirit I will defend my Kingdom.

I'd play 2 Keldeo minimum...
    onlyinAMERICA and snscompt1 like this.
  8. ShinyEevee

Pokemon 15

4-1-3/1 Aegislash (3 king shield)

3 victini ex

1 Mewtwo ex

2 Keldeo

Supporters 13

4 Sycamore

4 N

3 Colress

2 Skyla

Items 17

4 Float stone

2 heavy ball

1 level ball

2 switch

2 ultra ball

4 rare candy

1 tool scrapper

1 super rod

Ace spec
    1 Victory piece

Energy
    6 metal
    4 fire
    4 double colorless

Updated the list after some testing and taking into consideration imput from the forums here. The only change has been dropping Jirachi Ex for a 2nd Keldeo Ex.

Overall Jirachi Ex was catcherbait or Genesect bait. Even the regular Genesect attack 1hko's Jirachi Ex. Just about every major attacker in the format 1hko's Jirachi ex and it was costing me games. The point of the deck is to set up and then win before loosing too many prizes. Jirachi posed to be too much of a loss in prize exchange.

Though the 2nd Keldeo did help. Setting up was easier and except in the few double or triple scrapper games, they allowed for a fluid set up line.
  9. Phoenix15

Phoenix15 I Flew Into a Burning Ring Of Fire...

There will be work to do for the next rotation, but it should be just as good if not better.[DOUBLEPOST=1406926401][/DOUBLEPOST]I would -1 rare candy +1 town map. Comes in handy when the card you need is prized