About This Subforum

Discussion in 'Archetypes of the Past' started by Adam, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit. Staff Member

1. This subforum is for discussing archetypes of past Modified formats. Each thread should be prefixed with the format during which the deck was legal.

2. Feel free to create new threads for your favorite decks of the past, but please search to make sure that a thread has not already been created. Include a deck list and explanation behind the strategy of the deck (and any history or matchup discussion, if you'd like).

3. If you add a deck list to a thread (and the deck list was not created by you), please credit the author of list and leave a link to where you acquired it from, if possible.

4. You can filter threads by format by clicking "Thread Display Options" at the bottom of the thread list.

5. I will likely not be going through all these, but I have old Apprentice deck files saved from various past formats. Most lists should be fairly good. Feel free to peruse through them and create or add them to threads, if you wish.
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  2. coolestman22

coolestman22 Now Has Techron

This is pretty cool! We should move some of the HS-on decks here.
  3. Adam

Eh, that's less of a worry. We might just keep everything there since tiers are listed and everything.
  4. VictiniCup

VictiniCup Guest

Can I have the names of the set abbreviations. I know DP-On, MD-On,HS-On, BLW-On, but what are the others?
  5. Mr_Rumpleteezer

Mr_Rumpleteezer Hovercat Mod Staff Member

[DOUBLEPOST=1380240656,1371054210][/DOUBLEPOST]@Adam , could we make a way to distinguish between 2009 DP-ON and 2010? Just so people don't get confused and think you could pair the decks.

2009 is DP-RR
    2010 is DP-UL
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  6. Adam

Yeah I'll add "DP-RR" and "DP-UL" tags tonight.
  7. Mr_Rumpleteezer

Thanks, Adam. I'm looking to unload a ton of lists over the next couple days. I want to try to get some traffic on here so I want to make sure it's the best for the community :)
    Adam likes this.
  8. Chaostamer

Chaostamer Active Member Staff Member

How can we view .dec files?
  9. Adam

You need Apprentice and a Pokemon patch. You can try Googling it... I'm not sure what will come up. I don't think the program has been maintained in a while.

EDIT: If you can't find anything, let me know any I might be able to create text files for all the decks.
  10. Otaku

Otaku Well-Known Member

For the record, I tried a few times in recent years to find working copies of Apprentice (with or without Pokémon "patches"). Apprentice itself was designed for Magic: The Gathering and a "patch" for other games just consists of taking the cards for said game and inputting them as card data; ignoring anything that Magic has but Pokémon lacks and trying to squeeze in where you can things that Pokémon may have but Magic cards would lack.

The "beauty" of Apprentice was that it has such minimal system/connection requirements and that entering the text of new cards, while not "fast", was faster than having to reconfigure more complex programs like RedShark or wait for sufficient quality scans of cards. I would probably still be using it myself if I hadn't lost all my files in a hard drive crash.
  11. Chaostamer

Yeah, I haven't gotten anything working yet.
  12. Adam

13. Chaostamer

Thanks a lot. If I can get it to work, I'll post some of those lists in this forum. I'd love for more discussion on older archetypes.
  14. Mr_Rumpleteezer

@Adam , we actually need two more. HS - BLW and HS - DEX.
  15. Adam

They should be added now. (And I'm running out of colors...)
  16. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

You can just use different shades of colors we already have. No one will notice.