1. Notice: The SixPrizes forums are closed. Please use the BBS for new discussions: http://bbs.sixprizes.com/

Lugia EX for Boundaries Crossed/Furious Fists Onwards

Discussion in 'Deck Help & Development' started by coltsdaman, Aug 12, 2014.

1. coltsdaman

coltsdaman New Member

Hello everyone. Im looking for some advice for my Lugia EX focused deck for the upcoming format. Heres the list:
    3 Lugia EX
    4 Deoxys EX
    3 Thunderus EX
    1 Mewtwo EX
    2-2 Beartic (furious fist)

4 N
    4 Juniper
    2 Skyla
    2 Colress
    1 Lysandre
    1 Computer Search
    4 Colress Machine
    4 Switch
    4 Team Plasma Ball
    4 Muscle Band
    2 Megaphone

4 DCE
    4 Plasma
    5 Lightning

As you can tell theres a lot of 4-ofs. I guess thats where you come in. I know I can cut some of them but i dunno what i want to cut.
    I really like mewtwo for the upcoming Lucario format, and kinda wanna add 1 more
    2-2 Beartic line is my solution for pyroar, and can kill Landorus EX as well
    Beartic is the newest addition, but i havent fully accomodated him in yet. I know i need ultra balls in here so ill need to play around with the ball line up. Maybe 2:3 Plasma:Ultra? Idk lol help me
  2. Tsunami

Tsunami Seems legit.

Cut At least one N, this deck takes prizes very quickly and N gets useless once you've gales once or twice.
    Cut one Colress Mech, the fourth one is near always deadweight late game.
    4 switch is too many, 2 should be enough.
    4 muscle band may be clunky as well.

Something like:
    -1 N
    -1 Colress Machine
    -2 Switch
    -1 Muscle band
    -2 lightning
    =7
    +2 ultra ball (search, get energy in the discard for raiden knuckle if need be)
    +2 rainbow energy (deoxys can attack too, and it's not too horrible)
    +2 Kyurem PLF (obligatory non-EX, frost spear is really good. Can now attack with rainbow)
    +1 Frozen City (helps lugia KO when a deoxys is prized/killed)
    =7

Hopefully these changes help!
  3. JasonRox

JasonRox Kyurem Trainer

Is the new Beartic a Plasma? If not, I'd say find another way around Pyroar. Kyurem is your solution to new fighting decks. Beartic will be dead weight fast.

Why no laserbank?
  4. coltsdaman

coltsdaman New Member

Good point with N and switch imma cut those. Im gonna keep 4 colress machines though because it gives me an increased probability for turn 1 plays. Frozen city also makes a good point, as sometimes that extra damage is all i need.

Im really iffy on the rainbows though. I dont think i need deoxys to attack, and that small 10 hp difference can be very deciding. Ill give it a shot though.
    Sadly no, hes not plasma. But he attacks for [C][C] killing pyroar in one hit, and Landorus EX with a muscle Band. I dont need him to kill the fighting decks, but its just a nice added bonus to smack landorus EX. No laser bank because laser knock outs dont grant me an extra prize
  5. JasonRox

JasonRox Kyurem Trainer

You don't need to laser to KO. You laser to slow down opponent. They will retreat and be in fear of Lugia EX and never take it out because you may switch and get 3 prizes.

Just have the Lugia on the bench, and attack with others, you'd be amazed how many bad plays players will make because seeing Lugia one hit away from KO makes them.
  6. Asclepius24

Asclepius24 Member

Good to see I'm not the only one thinking of this. Kyurem can help against Landorus EX but as long as Pyroar is still running around Plasma needs something else.

I think that four Muscle Band is great in this considering how much you need it to hit your numbers on all your attackers. Four Switch seems like too many; I also like at least one Escape Rope. You also do need some Ultra Ball, not only to fetch the Beartic line but also to dump energy for Thundurus EX and to drop useless cards (like the Beartic line against anything other than Pyroar and Landorus). I run 2-2 as it is, but I might move to 3-1 Ultra/Plasma as I try this out.
  7. Shieldmaiden

Shieldmaiden Member

I think what people lose sight of in a Lugia-based deck is why they're using Lugia in the first place - to play a 2 Prize game against EX decks, and to play a 3 Prize game against non-EX decks. You can add in other attackers, and techs, and this and that, but all that does is weaken the consistency for achieving your original game plan, as you spread your energy thin and play a slower game. At that point, you might as well drop Lugia to focus on other Plasma attackers, and play TDK or something.

I've played Lugia a lot this season, and tried different attackers in it to varying effect. The only one I consider truly useful is Palkia in the Rayboar/Blastoise matchup, which doesn't happen often anymore.

Anyways, I was leading up to the fact I just won a Box tournament with Speed Lugia :D I used a list I've honed over the past couple of weeks, and gotten quite comfortable. It was a 5 Round tournament, followed by top cut.

The breakdown is as follows:

Round 1: Danny Hynam's Yveltal Garbodor WW-
    Round 2: Dylan Smith's Empoleon Miltank WW-
    Round 3: Ryan Moorhouse's YveltalGarb LL-
    Round 4: Kyle's BigBasics LL-
    Round 5: Harvey's VirGen WLW

Top Cut:

Top 8: Kai's Yveltal Garbodor WW-
    Top 4: Dougie's VirGen WW-
    Top 2: Andrew's Yveltal Garbodor WW-
    In the rounds I lost to two World's qualified players, and managed to make cut due to good resistance. Top Cut was a breeze, as I don't really find Yveltal that tough of a match up for Speed Lugia, and Virgen just requires dropping Lugia at the right time, and conserving a few colress machines for a late game Lugia because one can easily get knocked out by Raichu/G-booster mid game, and you want to really get it powered up in 1 turn. The final I got the Raiden-Knuckle-for-180-donk... never gets old haha.

So the list I played, IIRC, was:

2 Thundurus EX
    3 Lugia EX
    4 Deoxys EX

4 Professor Juniper
    2 N
    2 Colress
    2 Lysandre
    1 Shauna
    1 Shadow Triad
    4 Roller Skates
    3 Bicycle

Dowsing Machine
    Escape Rope
    2 Switch
    3 Pokemon Catcher
    3 Muscle Band
    2 Startling Megaphone
    2 Ultra Ball
    2 Team Plasma Ball
    4 Colress Machine

4 Plasma Energy
    4 Double Colourless Energy
    4 Prism Energy
    I don't play Stadiums, or Skyla, because they're just a dead hand. I don't play a Pyroar counter, because I don't need one. In testing, you're simply too fast, especially in Best of 3; with a total of 6 Catcher cards, you can really pick and choose your KOs. I play Dowsing, because you will burn through 1/3 of your deck on Turn 1 50% of the time due to the amount of draw you have, and its good for the clutch Shadow Triad or Lysandre, or Escape Rope.

I really love the list, and it runs very efficiently. Have a go with it :)

8. desufnoc

desufnoc Ditto used Transform!

This deck is missing 4 cards, I'm guessing colress machine?